RIP Dana Reeve

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

RIP Dana Reeve

Post by pk500 »

Just 44, to lung cancer. Very sad. A classy, classy lady who fought hard for those who deserve a good fight.

This one really caught me off guard. She looked good and sang with a full voice during the ceremony retiring Messier's No. 11 two months ago at the Garden.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Very sad indeed. And to think she never smoked. That makes it all the more tragic.

I always admired her upbeat attitude while she cared for Christopher. She was heavily involved in his foundation.

R.I.P.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

All I keep thinking about is seeing her sing at Messier's ceremony. Al Trautwein interviewed her in the studio afterwards and she mentioned how she postponed a round of chemotherapy so she could attend and sing at the ceremony for Mark. She looked great too....downright beautiful. I cannot believe that just two months later she's gone. Very sad...
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I saw the news on NBC's today show and I was shocked. She was such a supportive lady, classy, had lots of strengh in helping her husband. R.I.P Dana.

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

Maybe it's time we just make an RIP sticky. Yes, all of these deaths are tragic, but this turning into an obits board.
-Matt

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

matthewk wrote:Maybe it's time we just make an RIP sticky. Yes, all of these deaths are tragic, but this turning into an obits board.
LOL...well maybe that isn't that funny.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

matthewk wrote:Maybe it's time we just make an RIP sticky. Yes, all of these deaths are tragic, but this turning into an obits board.
Well there are a lot of people dying!
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

tjung0831 wrote:
Yeah, the nerve of 'em! Taking valuable board space away from topics like the authenticity of the appellations of short track speed skaters...

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

webdanzer wrote:
tjung0831 wrote:
Yeah, the nerve of 'em! Taking valuable board space away from topics like the authenticity of the appellations of short track speed skaters...
Or a Jack Bandel political rant! :wink:
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

sfz_T-car
DSP-Funk All-Star*
DSP-Funk All-Star*

Post by sfz_T-car »

In that case, RIP Ali Farka Toure. I'm not a African music aficionado but his crossover album with Ry Cooder "Talking Timbuktu" was a good listen.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Ali Farka Toure died? Wow, that's a bummer. Sudden? Long illness?

I discovered Farka Toure through NPR's "All Songs Considered" last year, along with the superb Amadou & Miriam.

There is some seriously cool music coming from Africa right now. Anyone hear the "Congotronics" album by Konono No. 1? They're a bunch of veteran street musicians from Zaire who play something that can be described as "African street trance." Very hypnotic, melodic music with homemade instruments and very crude amplification.

Sounds odd in print. But the music is absolutely amazing.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

sfz_T-car
DSP-Funk All-Star*
DSP-Funk All-Star*

Post by sfz_T-car »

Man, a truly sh1tty day for obituaries.

Gordon Parks has died at age 93. He's probably best known for directing Shaft but was truly an African-American renaissance man.

JackDiggity
DSP-Funk All-Star*
DSP-Funk All-Star*

Post by JackDiggity »

sfz_T-car wrote:Man, a truly sh1tty day for obituaries.

Gordon Parks has died at age 93. He's probably best known for directing Shaft but was truly an African-American renaissance man.
He was a very talented man. He was one of the best photographers in the world. His photos need no captions.

One of my favorite movies he produced is "The Learning Tree" . Great flick. Really cool man. He left us a lot to remember him by.

RIP.
"I'm not concerned with your liking or disliking me... All I ask is that you respect me as a human being." Jackie Robinson