The NFL 2014-2015

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The NFL 2014-2015

Post by Diablo25 »

:)
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

34 that was so funny. I can't even think of why someone videos themselves watching a game, but that was great. hahahaha!
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

RobVarak wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
on another note, Warren Sapp - you big moron!
See, now THAT guy is unambiguously idiotic.
The assault charge is bad. But prostitution ranks right up there with jaywalking, sports gambling, and marijuana possession and use as the most idiotic laws on the books in America. If a dude or chick wants to pay for sex and has a willing, adult-aged partner for that consensual transaction, it should be legal.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Diablo25 wrote::)
I'm not sure if he was really mad abut the game or just finally had it with his incredibly sh*tty TV.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

They should be going after the sex traffickers, not the women.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

pk500 wrote:
RobVarak wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
The assault charge is bad. But prostitution ranks right up there with jaywalking, sports gambling, and marijuana possession and use as the most idiotic laws on the books in America. If a dude or chick wants to pay for sex and has a willing, adult-aged partner for that consensual transaction, it should be legal.
That's neither here nor there. The media has been non-stop reports about the enormous anti-sex trafficking efforts in the Valley since 3 weeks before the Super Bowl. This is like having your local PD announce a DUI checkpoint around the corner, and a guy slamming a 12-pack before driving around the block.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

10spro wrote:If Blount (who struggled) was the RB for the Seahawks, maybe and that's a big maybe I would agree with Carroll about passing the ball on 2nd and 1. But i would have used a different route, a play action call would have been more appropriate, and throw the ball away if no one is open. Geez, the way Wilson can run, even throw a QB sneak in there. I wouldn't have teleported the pass as it occurred and definitely not in an area of heavy traffic. But SEA had Lynch, a truck that would have sneezed into the end zone with three opportunities to do so and one TO.

Not saying that Carroll is a dumb coach for the record, he just happened to make the dumbest call for what was at stake.
Good points. It's not like Seattle had to run. But their two best offensive weapons are Lynch's power and Wilson's mobility. To use neither on the biggest play in the history of the franchise is what's so baffling. That was some Marc Trestman-level strategy right there. :D

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

If I was OC of the Seahawks, it's a zone read call. Against their goal line D you fake it to Marshawn and run it with Wilson. The way he made Patriots miss all day long, you think he's not making a DE or Butler miss in the open field? Seattle would be hoisting the Lombardi with a zone read play on 2nd down.

And they STILL had a timeout to play with, didn't they? I know this horse is long dead, but wow.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

XXXIV wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:
10spro wrote:Then... the dumbest big play-call in Super Bowl history happens. Lets face it folks, 10-15 years from now when this SB makes it to one of the great SB NFL reels, we'll all remember it for the dumbest call in history of a SB, and NOT for the great pick by a rookie CB.
I had ZERO skin in the game and I will remember this boneheaded play call for years if not forever. It was THAT FREAKING STUPID and their reasoning for calling a pass play makes it even harder to fathom where THEIR heads were at......I feel for you 10s.....and hell, my team (Texans) have not even made it to a conference championship game....
Ball is snapped and I see they are going to pass and before I can finish the sentence " what the f*** are you doing? " the game is over.

My gf who is sitting there watching with me gets up and says " I dont believe they did that" and just leaves the room. Thats it. She gone girl.

...Women, dogs, cats or any ten year old playing Madden would have handed the ball to Lynch.
Ditto.... :wink:

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

TCrouch wrote:If I was OC of the Seahawks, it's a zone read call. Against their goal line D you fake it to Marshawn and run it with Wilson. The way he made Patriots miss all day long, you think he's not making a DE or Butler miss in the open field? Seattle would be hoisting the Lombardi with a zone read play on 2nd down.

And they STILL had a timeout to play with, didn't they? I know this horse is long dead, but wow.
My thoughts EXACTLY. So what if NE had a goal line package in. They did that to stop the what I thought was the obvious play, Lynch left, right, or up the middle. They did not have an answer for Wilson carrying the ball all game and I think with the right play call and play fake, he could have WALKED into the end zone....

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Seahawks were 1 for 5 from the 1 yard line this season. But yeah, they scored a crucial TD in the comeback against the Packers, with Wilson walking in untouched on the read option.

One conspiracy theory is that the coaches wanted to award the glory to Wilson with the Super Bowl-winning TD pass rather than let Lynch score the winner, since Wilson is the future of the franchise for the next decade -- though supposedly they're going to extend Lynch.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

wco81 wrote:Seahawks were 1 for 5 from the 1 yard line this season. But yeah, they scored a crucial TD in the comeback against the Packers, with Wilson walking in untouched on the read option.

One conspiracy theory is that the coaches wanted to award the glory to Wilson with the Super Bowl-winning TD pass rather than let Lynch score the winner, since Wilson is the future of the franchise for the next decade -- though supposedly they're going to extend Lynch.
Nonsense. Just disgruntled, lets make life more miserable for Carroll media. I don't buy that for one minute. Heck maybe if he took the TO, then all the conspiracy with that theory would float, but under those circumstances for what was at stake, I really doubt that.

I always try to think positively no matter how f*cked up the situation is, and this team is still young, Pete will have to give Wilson a big contract and if Lynch signs, this team is still very competitive.

Still, my opinion won't change, the dumbest play call in SB history.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

10spro wrote:I always try to think positively no matter how f*cked up the situation is, and this team is still young, Pete will have to give Wilson a big contract and if Lynch signs, this team is still very competitive.
The only problem is going to be keeping the defense together if they do sign Wilson/Lynch to big deals. It's really easy to build a team around a cheap top 10 QB...it gets much more difficult once he gets paid. The badass defense suffers first and foremost.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
10spro wrote:I always try to think positively no matter how f*cked up the situation is, and this team is still young, Pete will have to give Wilson a big contract and if Lynch signs, this team is still very competitive.
The only problem is going to be keeping the defense together if they do sign Wilson/Lynch to big deals. It's really easy to build a team around a cheap top 10 QB...it gets much more difficult once he gets paid. The badass defense suffers first and foremost.
First they need to get a new DC as D. Quinn moved on to ATL. But yeah after Wilson, I would say that LB Bobby Wagner is key to keeping the solid D together. The secondary is signed for a few years and with Lynch turning 30, I am more concern about the term than the money.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

DivotMaker wrote:
TCrouch wrote:If I was OC of the Seahawks, it's a zone read call. Against their goal line D you fake it to Marshawn and run it with Wilson. The way he made Patriots miss all day long, you think he's not making a DE or Butler miss in the open field? Seattle would be hoisting the Lombardi with a zone read play on 2nd down.

My thoughts EXACTLY. So what if NE had a goal line package in. They did that to stop the what I thought was the obvious play, Lynch left, right, or up the middle. They did not have an answer for Wilson carrying the ball all game and I think with the right play call and play fake, he could have WALKED into the end zone....
Yeah, I agree. I would have added an option for Willson to throw or run, too. You get him rolled out and then let him throw it away if no one's open and he can't get in. This would play to all of Seattle's strengths and force NE to defend three possible outcomes.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Not sure I'd even think of the option. Too many bad things happen when you put the ball in the air. Especially with 21 other guys within an 11 yard area. Just nutty. Give me an Elway helicopter for the pylon off the zone read and a block on the outside, and we're thinking of the Seahawks in a completely different light today.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Wilson has to be signed. He's a perfect face of the franchise.

But I let Lynch go. He's all kind of awesome, but he will be 29 next year, and is ripe for that sudden drop-off HBs suffer. And with the way he runs, it could be as soon as next year. I'd rather let him go early than pay him a ton of money to underperform.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

TCrouch wrote:Not sure I'd even think of the option. Too many bad things happen when you put the ball in the air. Especially with 21 other guys within an 11 yard area. Just nutty. Give me an Elway helicopter for the pylon off the zone read and a block on the outside, and we're thinking of the Seahawks in a completely different light today.
Ditka always says "There are only 3 things that can happen when you pass the ball, and 2 of them are bad."
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

TCrouch wrote:Not sure I'd even think of the option. Too many bad things happen when you put the ball in the air. Especially with 21 other guys within an 11 yard area. Just nutty. Give me an Elway helicopter for the pylon off the zone read and a block on the outside, and we're thinking of the Seahawks in a completely different light today.
You are not wrong, but a roll out is a much safer play than what they ran. If I run that play, I'm definitely telling Wilson to think run first. But really, I would have pounded Lynch.

Mostly, as has become completely obvious to everyone, what stye ran was idiotic because their were so many other options. If Carroll and the OC had just come out and said, "We blew it, this story would have just died. Instead they doubled down and now we will spend weeks on what they should have run. It has made for some of the worst sports talk radio and sports commentary on TV in a long time. No one will stop talking about it, but everyone is pretty much repeating the same things over and over.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

ScoopBrady wrote:
Ditka always says "There are only 3 things that can happen when you pass the ball, and 2 of them are bad."
I used that quote with my wife during the game. She was rooting for "the blue team" and was even shocked at the horrible play call.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Here is the Baldwin TD celebration NBC cut away from :

Stay classy seahawks!

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

pk500 wrote:
RobVarak wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
The prostitution charge will be a fine. The beating of said prostitutes over payment is a BIG issue. Sapp is a notorious bully. Sports guys have endless stories of Sapp intimidating people in nightclubs, bathrooms, TV sets. The idea that he roughed up (allegedly) some hookers will come as no surprise to anyone who crossed his path 'after hours'. He was such a d-ck even raider nation couldn't stand him. Maybe Sapp and Greg Anthony could start a podcast.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

It's really tough almost unbearable being a Dolphins fan. They cut their most consistent hard working receiver, Brian Hartline. Brandon Gibson was also cut and they're shopping or will cut Mike Wallace. Something tells me they're going to shop Wake as well. This team has absolutely NO phucking rudder and no leadership from the clueless team owner to everyone he hires. He's basically moved the former Jets FO to Miami and kept the same AVERAGE HC.

The one person who did a decent job last year in player personnel was Dennis Hickey and he's been cut at the knees by Tannenbaum. The season just ended and it already is shaping to be a 6-10/7-9 season in 2015.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Must be cap casualties.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Ummm...Hartline, while yes, a hard worker, has seen his production go down significantly once they brought in Landry last year. Consistent? Are you high? The guy had six games last year where he had Two catches or less...and a few of ZERO (one being injury). If you're saying consistently invisible...sure. As much as I like the guy...he had to go. His contract was WAY out of whack. Kind of like Wallace's. Gibson, who cares. Dime a dozen.