XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: New Xbox AND PS4 Info/Rumors

Post by Danimal »

webdanzer wrote:
Danimal wrote: So my PS3 had backward comparability, my PS4 doesn't. Should I post about it 5 times to turn the knife? :)
I'm not sure what you are going on about. If it's me mentioning the headset multiple times, I asked once to see if anyone else heard additional info about it being included in Xbone, and again when answering Spooky's question about what features I liked about the PS4.

I'm not like OMGNOHEADSETWTFBBQ??!!?! but at the moment it is included in a list of differences...
I'm not going on about anything, Carry on brother and continue the fight you're doing well.

If you're on the fence about an XB1 in the future and the $10 pos plastic mono headset is the deciding factor I'll buy you one on me :)
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Danimal wrote: I'm not going on about anything, Carry on brother and continue the fight you're doing well.

If you're on the fence about an XB1 in the future and the $10 pos plastic mono headset is the deciding factor I'll buy you one on me :)
The current gen headsets are $20 at Best Buy for the 360, and these new models have supposed increased audio features, so we'll see what they end up being priced at. As I said previously, I tend to have to be quiet when I game, and speaking softly into a headset would be better than speaking loudly enough for a kinect mic to hear.

I'll definitely take you up on your offer, though, thanks! Will you extend it up to $30 if it comes to that?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

webdanzer wrote:
Danimal wrote: I'm not going on about anything, Carry on brother and continue the fight you're doing well.

The current gen headsets are $20 at Best Buy for the 360, and these new models have supposed increased audio features, so we'll see what they end up being priced at. As I said previously, I tend to have to be quiet when I game, and speaking softly into a headset would be better than speaking loudly enough for a kinect mic to hear.

I'll definitely take you up on your offer, though, thanks! Will you extend it up to $30 if it comes to that?
If it's $30 for a headset I will be gaming in silence. :) Maybe I'll just game with the Kinect and Skype on in my underwear. :)
Follow Me on:

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Danimal wrote:Maybe I'll just game with the Kinect and Skype on in my underwear. :)
Heh! Well, I could see how that would give you a psychological advantage! :lol:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

webdanzer wrote:
Danimal wrote:Maybe I'll just game with the Kinect and Skype on in my underwear. :)

*Removing Dan from friends list in 3,2,1.....
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Teal wrote:
webdanzer wrote:

*Removing Dan from friends list in 3,2,1.....
C'mon brother its gives going commando a whole new meaning for BF4 :)
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Amazon last week was taking 2,500 Xbox and PS4 preorders every minute. 8O

http://www.gamespot.com/news/xbox-one-p ... er-6410555

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

An xbox live sausage party chat! 8O

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

So all that earlier talk about headsets had me look at my PS4 pre-order and Amazon switched it from a Day One to a Standard edition. I have no idea what that means but its kind of a shitty thing to do.
Follow Me on:

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Danimal wrote:So all that earlier talk about headsets had me look at my PS4 pre-order and Amazon switched it from a Day One to a Standard edition. I have no idea what that means but its kind of a shitty thing to do.
That stinks, if it really means you'll get it later.

You should contact them, see what's up.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I did they are claiming I have a luanch day one but my order history now just says playstation 4, not launch day. Anyone else pre-order for Amazon that can check their order history and see what it says
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:I did they are claiming I have a luanch day one but my order history now just says playstation 4, not launch day. Anyone else pre-order for Amazon that can check their order history and see what it says
Dan the Launch and Standard PS4 are exactly the same. The only difference is the "Launch" PS4 will arrive on launch day. They can't promise that with the Standard model.

The Standard Edition of the PlayStation 4 is identical to the Launch Edition. Due to high demand, we cannot offer Release-Date Delivery on the Standard Edition of the PlayStation 4. If you order the Standard Edition, you may receive your PlayStation 4 after the release date — We will ship your Standard Edition order as soon as we receive sufficient inventory.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote:
Danimal wrote:I did they are claiming I have a luanch day one but my order history now just says playstation 4, not launch day. Anyone else pre-order for Amazon that can check their order history and see what it says
Dan the Launch and Standard PS4 are exactly the same. The only difference is the "Launch" PS4 will arrive on launch day. They can't promise that with the Standard model.
No I understand that sorry.

In my order history it used to say Playstation 4 launch day. then it said PS 4 Standard edition and now it says just Playstation 4.

I contacted them and they claim I have a launch day one but idk.
Follow Me on:

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

I preferred the Xbox One exclusives shown at E3. I am interested in Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Titanfall and Project Spark. Although I think only Project Spark is a launch title.

I am interested in the new Kinect if it really works as promised. The first one was a real disappointment due to room size limits, lighting issues and lousy mic pickup. This new one is supposed to need less space, no lighting requirement (works even in the dark) and better mic and voice recognition. If this thing reliably picks up talk level voice commands, it will be great for sports gaming. Like line changes in NHL, audibles in NFL and subs in NBA. The old Kinect, I gave up yelling at it. And in NBA it was picking up sounds from the game and I get random time outs.

Final consideration is that the few friends left that still consistently game on xbox live are also leaning towards picking up the Xbox One first.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

LAking
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by LAking »

mike95 wrote:I preferred the Xbox One exclusives shown at E3. I am interested in Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Titanfall and Project Spark. Although I think only Project Spark is a launch title.

I am interested in the new Kinect if it really works as promised. The first one was a real disappointment due to room size limits, lighting issues and lousy mic pickup. This new one is supposed to need less space, no lighting requirement (works even in the dark) and better mic and voice recognition. If this thing reliably picks up talk level voice commands, it will be great for sports gaming. Like line changes in NHL, audibles in NFL and subs in NBA. The old Kinect, I gave up yelling at it. And in NBA it was picking up sounds from the game and I get random time outs.

Final consideration is that the few friends left that still consistently game on xbox live are also leaning towards picking up the Xbox One first.
Is there any detailed info on Quantum Break? Isn't it some kind of TV/game combination? It's probably the only exclusive i'm even remotely interested in and that's only because it seems to be trying to do something completely new. I guess Project Spark is an interesting concept but still doesn't peak my personal interest.

All the other exclusives, for either console, look like suped up versions of everything we've already seen. Not to say I won't eventually want to play a few of them but none of them make me think "I need this console on launch day just so i can play that game".

The only launch game that really has me excited is Watch Dogs, and that will be available on PC.
"Be tolerant of those who describe a sporting moment as their best ever. We do not lack imagination, nor have we had sad and barren lives; it is just that real life is paler, duller, and contains less potential for unexpected delirium." -Nick Hornby

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Quantum Break has the potential to be cool, but the game that has me excited is The Division. Man, that gameplay demo looks absolutely cool and intense, and honestly quite different itself. Taking a DSP clan into the world and just happening up on another clan in the city? It's like RDR online roaming, but with more of a plot.

BF4 broke me; I preordered a $%#@ XB1 on Amazon at the thought of 64 player battles, and that scene of the skyscraper crashing down. I may not have the cash when the day comes, but at least I have it ordered in case I do...

...now bring on SPLINTER CELL!

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Teal wrote: BF4 broke me; I preordered a $%#@ XB1 on Amazon at the thought of 64 player battles, and that scene of the skyscraper crashing down.
I love you, man! :) :) That BF4 demo just killed me. Ditto on The Division.

Things (should) hopefully start to calm down this fall and I'll be able to join you guys online again at least on a semi-regular basis. Can't wait to play some BF4 with DSP'ers.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Macca00 wrote:
Teal wrote: BF4 broke me; I preordered a $%#@ XB1 on Amazon at the thought of 64 player battles, and that scene of the skyscraper crashing down.

Things (should) hopefully start to calm down this fall and I'll be able to join you guys online again at least on a semi-regular basis. Can't wait to play some BF4 with DSP'ers.
Good to hear. I didn't want to be the only one lighting people up on the next gen BF4!
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Diablo25 wrote:
Macca00 wrote:

Good to hear. I didn't want to be the only one getting lit up on the next gen BF4!

Fixed that for ya... :wink:

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Diablo25 wrote:
Macca00 wrote:

Good to hear. I didn't want to be the only one lighting people up on the next gen BF4!
Got BF4 pre-ordered for Xbox One. Division looks good too.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

So now there are more players in operation metro and the close quarters maps f*** that!!!! :D

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Diablo25 wrote:
Macca00 wrote:

I'm sure I'll get an xb1 and BF4.. I also have more time to get involved this time around!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Teal wrote: Good to hear. I didn't want to be the only one getting lit up on the next gen BF4!

Fixed that for ya... :wink:
Very true. And THE DIVISION looks superb.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I hadn't heard of any actual release dates for the PS4 until today. The rumor is November 13...two weeks before the supposed Xbox One date. That is interesting. A headstart certainly wouldn't hurt their chances.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:I hadn't heard of any actual release dates for the PS4 until today. The rumor is November 13...two weeks before the supposed Xbox One date. That is interesting. A headstart certainly wouldn't hurt their chances.
Interesting. I thought it was targeted for December. Gonna keep my eye on this one.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25