MLB 2K7

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

nyisles16
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by nyisles16 »

MizzouRah wrote:Yeah, I tried his and maybe it's my skill, but something doesn't feel right.. meaning I don't do very well.

I miss the foul balls IMMENSELY when playing MLB 2k7 - it's HUGE imo. The pace is faster in MLB 2k7, but I agree with Jack, the batter - pitcher confrontation is still done very well in The Show. I had like 14 pitches against Beltran last night, where he was just getting a piece of my well placed pitches and then to finally K him was a great feeling.

I'm still playing both for now though. :)

Dang.. I was hoping to hear Beltran finished ya (hmm -just like that GW HR against Izzy in Aug) :lol:

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

nyisles16 wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:Yeah, I tried his and maybe it's my skill, but something doesn't feel right.. meaning I don't do very well.

I miss the foul balls IMMENSELY when playing MLB 2k7 - it's HUGE imo. The pace is faster in MLB 2k7, but I agree with Jack, the batter - pitcher confrontation is still done very well in The Show. I had like 14 pitches against Beltran last night, where he was just getting a piece of my well placed pitches and then to finally K him was a great feeling.

I'm still playing both for now though. :)

Dang.. I was hoping to hear Beltran finished ya (hmm -just like that GW HR against Izzy in Aug) :lol:
I lost 8-4 if that makes you feel better. :)

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

I'm seeing fouls balls. Not constantly, but certainly in every game there are some. Both by me and the AI. I even had one that bounced off the foul pole for an home run.
2319!

Gamertag: "Gurantsu"

nyisles16
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by nyisles16 »

Gurantsu wrote:I'm seeing fouls balls. Not constantly, but certainly in every game there are some. Both by me and the AI. I even had one that bounced off the foul pole for an home run.
that would not be a foul ball then, would it? :lol:

(sorry, couldnt resist)

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

nyisles16 wrote:
Gurantsu wrote:I'm seeing fouls balls. Not constantly, but certainly in every game there are some. Both by me and the AI. I even had one that bounced off the foul pole for an home run.
that would not be a foul ball then, would it? :lol:

(sorry, couldnt resist)
Well this *is* 2k7 after all, so I wouldn't rule it out :wink:

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

When you guys pull back the stick to "step", do you pull it down quickly or should it be a gradual motion? And ignoring the obvious sexual entrendre jokes would be appreciated.

kicko
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by kicko »

i dont think how you pull the stick matters as long as the timing is good( as the ball is released). I dont know about you but to pull it back and release it takes all about 2 seconds or less so i dont think there's any time to worry about if it slow and easy or quick and fast.
Last edited by kicko on Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Slumberland wrote:When you guys pull back the stick to "step", do you pull it down quickly or should it be a gradual motion? And ignoring the obvious sexual entrendre jokes would be appreciated.
I don't think it matters because your batter's step is not in synch with the analog motion of the directional stick. He starts to step no matter how quickly you move the swing stick. I just move it back quickly and then let go or push up.

I start the motion back when the pitcher's arm comes forward, varying a bit depending on the delivery.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

The only thing I know I do that seems to help me, is to pause for just a bit between the step and and the swing. A very short pause, but a pause nonetheless. I never just snap it back and forth.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I saw the oddest thing last night. I accidentally put J. Jones into catch I think. Anyway the guy was left handed. So there he is catching and the glove is on his right hand, but it's bhackward and he is catching the pitches coming in with his barehand anf throwing them with his glove hand.

Obviously they didn't program in a left handed catcher. :D
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

kicko
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by kicko »

ok i dont want to ruin anyone's fun but there seems to be a glitch that can effect gameplay over at the 2kforum http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111195

it appears that a runner on 3rd is allowed to score on a forced inning ending play, when they should not count. Not the end of the world and i have yet to see one happen but it might be something to look for. Hopefully there will be a patch, if this is true.

the funny thing is i posted about a run not scoring with only 2 outs when it should have, maybe there is a mix up on codes?

I think its better to at least know about it so if it is a close game, it sucks
but throw home :)

nyisles16
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by nyisles16 »

havent seen it yet, & I ground out more times with a runner on third & 2 out more than i care to

kicko
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by kicko »

maybe its not a constant ...who knows it's 2k lol

Bill_Abner
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Bill_Abner »

kicko wrote:ok i dont want to ruin anyone's fun but there seems to be a glitch that can effect gameplay over at the 2kforum http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111195

it appears that a runner on 3rd is allowed to score on a forced inning ending play, when they should not count. Not the end of the world and i have yet to see one happen but it might be something to look for. Hopefully there will be a patch, if this is true.

the funny thing is i posted about a run not scoring with only 2 outs when it should have, maybe there is a mix up on codes?

I think its better to at least know about it so if it is a close game, it sucks
but throw home :)
It's a real bug. It doesn't happen often because the speed of the runners is such that unless you put it at 100 it's rarely an issue, but this bug does in fact exist. Same bug that was in High Heat 2001.
No High Scores:
http://www.nohighscores.com/

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

just when i think i'm going to cave in and get this one...another bug pops up.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I read somewhere you can turn off assisted baserunning and that will help your controlled team from scoring runs like this.

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

I read somewhere you can turn off assisted baserunning and that will help your controlled team from scoring runs like this.
This is true. I have this off. Had to turn it off because i had a few instances where runners tried to go from 1st to 3rd on balls that were in the outfielders gloves before they even hit the 2nd base bag. It has definitely helped.

kicko
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by kicko »

right but in high heat it included a debug mode do you can reset the score back if it ever happened. Yes i think it might not happen much if at all but it still might be worth a patching up. I'm not worried about it

Could someone explain to me how to control the runners, i manage to get by with advance all runners if i mess up but sometimes i just suck at thinking what to do, MVP has the best base running controls ever. I have never liked the 2k base running controls.

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

We shouldn't have to turn off things to make the game "work." For goodness sake, the game should at least have the freaking fundamentals of baseball right! :roll:

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

I agree. And Brinkman is on a beach somewhere drinking Cuervo with his cell phone turned off.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Testing games have gone to s***, plain and simple.

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

I had turned errors up all the way because I wasn't seeing many of them, but it had a negative effect on the game because players started really doing some weird stuff like overthrow a base they never should have thrown to in the first place, etc. AI baserunning is pretty hosed. Far too many pickoffs. After I picked off my third runner on second, I decided that pickoff moves to second were cheese. Still having fun with the game, but I am treating it as arcade baseball at this point.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

MizzouRah wrote:Testing games have gone to s***, plain and simple.
agreed.

kicko
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by kicko »

has anyone tried these sliders? you have to register to view them but still i use them and having great games. currently using v.3

http://sliderleague.hqforums.com/index.php

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

kicko wrote:has anyone tried these sliders? you have to register to view them but still i use them and having great games. currently using v.3

http://sliderleague.hqforums.com/index.php
post them here, kicky.