Forza 6

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Forza 6

Post by DChaps »

fletcher21 wrote:I need a racing fix. My ps4 has nothing for me. I'm considering an xb1. On a scale of 1 to 10, how realistic is this game? Is it a good driving game AND racing, or does it do one better than the other? Gran turismo is a solid driving game, but the racing is twatty bollocks.

I want the game badly, assuming it is geared towards those of us who have had a real car on a real road course. I don't wanna drift or do gymkhana or anything. I just want a solid racing game that is close to realistic.
Realstic wise I would give it an 8 out of 10. Unless you are a huge Forza fan, I don't know that I would purchase an Xbox One for it. I did, but I am mostly into racing these days for my gaming, and I have always been a huge Forza/Turn 10 fan. I believe the driving model is about as realistic as it gets on a console and the racing is pretty good, although I think it will take a patch or two to fix some of the wierd things I have seen going on. The Forza drivatar AI system that was started with Forza 5, progressed into Forza Horizon 2, and is now in Forza 6 is more than just a gimic, but it is a constanrt learning process, so I think that AI and racing will get better as it progresses.

Not that I am trying to steer you away from buying an Xbox One and Forza 6, I would say Project Cars for the PS4 would probably also give you the fix you are looking for. It was and still is a buggy, after thought mess on the Xbox One, but on the PS4 I believe it is solid, especially with the recent patches. I don't have a PS4 so I can't confirm that, but it seems to be widely agreed upon. You can also find it for $40 or less, so it may be a more econmical option for you to get your racing fix. Just a thought.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

fletcher21 wrote:I need a racing fix. My ps4 has nothing for me. I'm considering an xb1. On a scale of 1 to 10, how realistic is this game? Is it a good driving game AND racing, or does it do one better than the other? Gran turismo is a solid driving game, but the racing is twatty bollocks.

I want the game badly, assuming it is geared towards those of us who have had a real car on a real road course. I don't wanna drift or do gymkhana or anything. I just want a solid racing game that is close to realistic.
Ps4 has a lot of advantages over Xbo but Xbo rules in racing.

Forza horizon 2+ forza 6 = you're set for racing games the next 5 years

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Inuyasha wrote:

What is "a lot"? A small edge in graphics is about it for me. Other than that I have the XB1 as the better console. At best it's a push.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Diablo25 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

What is "a lot"? A small edge in graphics is about it for me. Other than that I have the XB1 as the better console. At best it's a push.
Xbox One for racing games and the controller advantage in this genre.

Ps4 for every other genres because of the graphics jump and controller for every other genre.

Ps4 is a mich better sports package streaming console as well. The mlb, nfl and nba app is far superior on the ps4.

But now I am just beating a dead horse because I've said it a thousand times as the guy w two Xbox Ones and a PS4.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Ding-ding: That's Forza.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

I have both systems, but right now if I was to give advice which way to go I'd say XBOX One with EA Access. Starting out you could pick up Forza 6 + EA Access and have a great library of games at your disposal. Forza 6 is going to be a monster!
GT = Wilk5280

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

I played the game for an hour with a friend. This game is SOLID. I love the weight to the cars.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Xbox One for racing games and the controller advantage in this genre.

Ps4 for every other genres because of the graphics jump and controller for every other genre.

Ps4 is a mich better sports package streaming console as well. The mlb, nfl and nba app is far superior on the ps4.

But now I am just beating a dead horse because I've said it a thousand times as the guy w two Xbox Ones and a PS4.
Simply your opinion. I have them both too and the XB1 is the better all around console...IMO. The XB1 controller is the superior controller. Sports streaming package? Christ you can do that from any device on the planet. The slight graphics advantage doesn't push the PS4 over the top in every genre for me. The social capabilities on the XB1 are better. XBOX Live is better also. The ability to have your TV picture in picture is awesome. I watched NFL Red Zone Sunday while I was playing The Golf Club. As I said above, at best it's a push.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Who is up for some Forza 6 Racing tonight? Since I was almost a year late to Xbox One and Forza 5, I never really got any DSP Poker Nights going with it. I know Poker Nights are few and far between these days, but I really want to try out FM6 and see if we can get some momentum for something at least weekly. Anyway, I am thinking we can start off with some Can-Am racing at Watkins Glen, Road America, Road Atlanta, Laguna Seca, and Sonoma. Just some ideas.

Below are some links to some of my favorite tuners. Name in brackets is the gamertag you can search on. Threads also have descriptions supplied by the tuners to search on.

[Raceboy77] - RACEBOY'S FORZA 6 TUNES
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn1 ... Added.aspx

[SP01LED JAM1E] - SP01LED JAM1E's Forza Motorsport 6 master tune List:
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn1 ... losed.aspx
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

[PPIDRIVE] - TUNES BY DRIVE
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn1 ... Drive.aspx

[GSW KnuckleHead] - GSW KNUCKLEHEAD TUNES
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn1 ... Tunes.aspx

[RelaxedPRKid] - PRKID'S TUNING GARAGE
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn1 ... hared.aspx

[V12 TN Eagle] - MY TUNES ON TWITCH AND TWITTER
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn1 ... itter.aspx

[ERS JOHNSON] - ERS GARAGE IS OPEN
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn1 ... -open.aspx

[ONR Braveheart] - ONR BRAVEHEART TUNING SET-UPS
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn1 ... t-ups.aspx

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

On the road at COTA to work a race. Won't get my copy of Forza 6 until Saturday, and I won't be online Saturday night because of band practice.

Thanks for the links to top tuners.

Drive it like you stole it, fellas!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I have never been into Forza that much -- I have always found it a bit sterile -- but that demo really pumped me up, especially the Indy race. The sense of speed was intense. This game is also one of the most beautiful I have ever seen.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I'm having a heck of time with the difficulty, even on medium. The first place driver seems to take off like a bat out of hell and it's hard to catch them. I came close to finishing second once, but over steered and went in to a wall on the last turn. So, I have finished third three times, but have had to restart more than a couple races just to qualify.

Aristo, I was cursing your name a couple times last night as you overtook me late on the last lap to force me in to fourth place. :evil:

I apologize in advance for my erratic drivatar. I can be a bit of an aggressive driver who gets a bit too closer to your bumper!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I got the game last night as part of my Forza Limited Edition XB1 (1TB)/Forza 6 bundle... yes, I'm a two XB1 owner now that the wife won't let the one in the living room go. It's not as big a step as going from Forza 4 to Forza 5, but it's a significant enough step forward to justify its existence. I've never seen nor felt rain effects in any other racing game, console or PC, that can compare to Forza 6. I also feel the improvements in the car handling and physics, even with a handheld controller.

I can already say that this is the best made video game I've ever laid my hands on... it's incredibly well crafted and the drivatars add tons of personality to career mode, with AI models that drive reasonably close to their real life counterparts.

This game is going to take on a totally different character when I get my wheel next month... I can't wait to see what it can really feel and play like! I'm so bad with the controller that I'm competing with the Drivatars set to "average" and they're giving me all I can handle. My highest finish in the three qualifying and my first street series race was 2nd. I've had some where I wouldn't have finished in the top 10 if I hadn't quit. Even at that, the quality and appeal of this title shines through!

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Enjoying this game quite a bit.

I have a questions regarding rivals. How many laps do you have to run against a rival? I had completed 4 or 5 until I decided to quit, however I think it only kept my lap times, but didn't register against my rival.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

sportdan30 wrote:Enjoying this game quite a bit.

I have a questions regarding rivals. How many laps do you have to run against a rival? I had completed 4 or 5 until I decided to quit, however I think it only kept my lap times, but didn't register against my rival.
Did you run "clean" laps? If you get the little triangle w/ an exclamation point in the top right of the screen, the lap is invalidated. It has to be perfectly clean without going off the track.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:

Did you run "clean" laps? If you get the little triangle w/ an exclamation point in the top right of the screen, the lap is invalidated. It has to be perfectly clean without going off the track.

Well crap! If that's the case, I'll be running the same lap for hours on end! :x

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

FYI, rewinds dirty up your laps, too. :)
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

sportdan30 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:

Well crap! If that's the case, I'll be running the same lap for hours on end! :x
Yeah, makes it really difficult, but if you're going to post some good times, it's probably best to stay on the track. :)

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Aristo wrote:FYI, rewinds dirty up your laps, too. :)
Yep and some tracks when you go off track at the end of a lap it gives you a dirty lap for the next lap right at the start which can be very annoying.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

sportdan30 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:

Stick with it. It's the best way to learn and become a better driver.

I got a quote for a press release from a driver today after a race here in Austin, and he said, "I'm just trying to be a metronome, clicking off the laps, trying to find a tenth per lap if I can."

BINGO.

Consistency, consistency, consistency. Hit your marks. Slow in, fast out of corners. Maintain your corner exit speed. That's WAY quicker than flying into a corner and jamming on the brakes, with a slow corner exit.

Easier said than done. But that's the goal, man!

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

It will even post a dirty lap in rivals, but it will be ranked lower than any of your friends/rivals clean laps, even if you were actually faster than their ghost on the track. The rivals lap should have posted.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Finally dug into Forza 6 last night. Every bit as good as I thought. Like Don, the Mods feature is oddly appealing and fun without being gimmicky or cheesy.

A beautiful, polished game that works extremely well with a controller -- something Project Cars for the XB1 may never be.

I'm thrilled. Super game.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Logitech G Car Pack DLC for Forza Motorsport 6

-2013 Caparo T1
-1939 Mercedes-Benz W154
-1994 Nissan #75 Cunningham Racing 300ZX
-2014 Toyota #12 Rebellion Racing R-One
-1967 Honda RA300
-1967 Volvo 123GT
-2013 Cadillac XTS Limousine

Free car: 2015 Infiniti Q60

Now this is a nice car pack! Some cars never seen before on any console racing game anyway.

There is also a patch with some bug fixes and updates being released today for Forza 6 as well.

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/ne ... car%20pack
Logitech G Car Pack

John Schommer - Monday, October 05, 2015

Since September, gamers have been conquering the pavement in Forza Motorsport 6, the most beautiful and comprehensive racing game of this generation. If you haven’t had a chance to play the game, now is a great time to jump in with race fans from all over the world. As we head into another great month of racing, we’re excited to announce that beginning today, the Logitech G Car Pack is available as the next great add-on pack for Forza Motorsport 6. With seven incredible cars that have each carved their own place in motorsport history, the pack offers a new way to enjoy the best racing experience on Xbox One.

Leading the pack is an ultimate track toy – the 2013 Caparo T1, which is just begging to be tackle the circuits of Forza Motorsport 6. In addition, we have four different eras of historic racing represented, with the 1939 Mercedes-Benz W154 (a pre-WWII Grand Prix champion), the 1967 Honda RA300 known as the “Hondola,” a turbocharged Nissan IMSA racer from the 1990s, and one of the latest Le Mans prototype cars.

The remaining cars of the pack offer equally unique driving experiences. The 1967 Volvo 123GT has its own on- and off-road race-bred roots and the 2013 Cadillac XTS Limousine – well, we know you’ll have fun with it.

The Logitech G Car Pack is just the first great pack of monthly DLC cars that players can expect in Forza Motorsport 6. If you want to be on top of all the latest car content in the game, there’s no better way than the Forza Motorsport 6 Car Pass, which brings you six monthly car packs with seven cars each. That’s 42 amazing cars total, all waiting to be collected, customized and raced, for one low price!

As a reminder, Logitech’s new G920 Driving Force Racing Wheel is also now available for Xbox One. We've been enjoying this new wheel for a little while now, both around the office and at Xbox events this summer, including the Forza Fuel Challenge, which put the top Forza gamer head-to-head against Audi factory driver Benoît Tréluyer.

To celebrate the release of the Logitech G Car Pack for Forza Motorsport 6, we’re holding a special contest in association with our partners at Logitech. All you have to do is create a video in Forza Motorsport 6 with one or more of the cars from the Logitech G Car Pack, then post it to YouTube. From there, let us know about the video by linking to it on Twitter and using the hashtag #LogitechGForza6. See the full rules for more on this contest and how you can get involved.

The video with the most views at the end of the contest period, November 6, will be declared the first place winner, with the second-most viewed video winning second place, and so on. The creators of the top ten videos in this contest will be eligible for a slew of awesome prizes from our friends at Logitech:

· 1st place: G920 Driving Force Racing Wheel, G910 Keyboard, G633 Headset, G303 Mouse and G633 mousepad
· 2nd place: G920 Driving Force Racing Wheel, G303 Mouse and G633 mousepad
· 3rd place: G920 Driving Force Racing Wheel
· 4th through 10th place: Forza Motorsport 6 VIP membership code, and Forza Motorsport 6 Car Pass code

Owners of the Forza Motorsport 6 Car Pass will receive the Logitech G Car Pack at no additional charge. Everyone else can purchase the pack separately for $7 or buy cars from the pack individually from the Xbox Live Store [CS1] or through the Forza Hub app for Xbox One.
Last edited by DChaps on Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

DChaps wrote:PS - Why doesn't Youtube embedding work anymore?
Remove the "s" from https://. Make the link insecure. Then it will work.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

DChaps wrote:Logitech G Car Pack DLC for Forza Motorsport 6

-2013 Caparo T1
-1939 Mercedes-Benz W154
-1994 Nissan #75 Cunningham Racing 300ZX
-2014 Toyota #12 Rebellion Racing R-One
-1967 Honda RA300
-1967 Volvo 123GT
-2013 Cadillac XTS Limousine

Free car: 2015 Infiniti Q60

Now this is a nice car pack! Some cars never seen before on any console racing game anyway.
I agree, that is a nice pack. Really looking forward to the 94 300ZX, that is a very cool IMSA classic. The Limo will be interesting.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven