Titanfall

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Titanfall

Post by Diablo25 »

Pete1210 wrote:Since its MP only, I was hoping for more game modes. Besides the three in the beta, there's really just one more: CTF. Then there's a variant of Attrition where you only get points for killing other pilots. It does have 15 maps though.

I'll be playing tomorrow night. :D
Me too.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I'll be on this at midnight.

Doing the 49.99 GB (!!!) download right now.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Naples39 wrote:I'll be on this at midnight.

Damn. Well, you can broadcast if you want - the Twitch update is up. Was just watching Mix play PS Golf.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Diablo25 wrote:

Damn. Well, you can broadcast if you want - the Twitch update is up. Was just watching Mix play PS Golf.
Oh, you going the PC route?
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Diablo25 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:

Oh, you going the PC route?
Yeah, PC. I am not on next gen yet.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Kind of shocked, but it works! I'm sure the servers will get slammed tonight, but I downloaded overnight and just fired it up. No problems at all.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Had some interesting experiences last night after midnight on PC.

Clogged servers failed a bunch, but eventually ran through 90% of training tutorials before lost server connection. Fortunately didn't make me do it again.

Played just one round, killed the first 3 pilots I saw then proceeded to get my ass kicked. One guy on the other team was rank 30? Another 14? The game had been out for 45 minutes!

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Naples39 wrote:Had some interesting experiences last night after midnight on PC.

Clogged servers failed a bunch, but eventually ran through 90% of training tutorials before lost server connection. Fortunately didn't make me do it again.

Played just one round, killed the first 3 pilots I saw then proceeded to get my ass kicked. One guy on the other team was rank 30? Another 14? The game had been out for 45 minutes!
I went from level 2 - 5 in a single round, and trust me, it's not because I was dominant. lol

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Game is great overall - but man, I am pretty disappointed in the "campaign" mode. I was really hoping it would consist over cool, diverse objectives spanning over multiple maps but it's just a collection of the MP game modes. Serious cop out.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Polygon – 9/10
Videogamer – 8/10
Xbox Achievements – 90/100
NowGamer – 9/10
CVG – 9/10
Gamespot – 9/10
Joystiq – 4.5/5
Mirror UK 4/5
EGN- 10/10
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Spooky wrote:Game is great overall - but man, I am pretty disappointed in the "campaign" mode. I was really hoping it would consist over cool, diverse objectives spanning over multiple maps but it's just a collection of the MP game modes. Serious cop out.
I started with the campaign. Its a waste other than to unlock the Titans. I was on the losing side of two unbalanced teams and suffered through about ten losing matches to complete one faction's campaign. Soured me a bit in the game, but then I went into standard mp and had some good rounds.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I played three matches this afternoon. All three were close, winning the first but losing the other two. Since it was so close, I'm pretty sure they could pin the loss on my suckiness.

Actually, I finished in the middle of the pack all three games. Thank the Gods for AI grunts.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

I forgot to mention absolutely no problems playing on XB1. Microsoft servers are solid - matches are lag free. Not once did I see those cheap kills you see in other games (like where you start unloading on someone in the back and he turns around shoots and you're dead).

Heading back on now...

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Heading on in a minute :). Might try the live streaming.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Well I spoke too soon - now I can't sign on to my profile to go on live on XB1. 360 works tho! F Microsoft :D

http://www.vg247.com/2014/03/11/xbox-on ... -the-case/

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Played about 5 matches and it was fun. Of course I got crushed by some of the guys who have been playing since the midnight release but it was fun. Maps are pretty nice...I just don't know them yet. Just running and gunning :). I killed a lot of grunts but actual people light me up. I broadcasted a few matches on Twitch just to try it. Pretty easy once I fixed my settings. Twitch won't let you broadcast unless you allow "Everyone" to see you in privacy settings. I usually have that set to "Friends Only". Not sure if I like that. Anyway, more later on possibly.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Got to play for just over an hour tonight and just like the beta I thought it was a sh!t ton of fun. I really like the fact that, for me at least, my final score at the end of a round doesn't necessarily correlate with how much fun I've had. I had several matches where I had a blast and actually finished pretty low on the scoreboard.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I have resisted the 1st day urge to buy all things shinny and new. I think I will make it past this release, not that I didn't enjoy it but my gaming time is low right now and $60 for an online shooter is not worth it.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Played about 2 hours and boy they went fast. The game is fast and furious. Lots of fun and as Macca pointed out, no matter where you figure in the scoreboard you do have the sense that you have contributed towards your particular group while having a blast. Weapons keep getting better after level 7 along the cards and getting on a rodeo never gets old. Just finished fighting for the IMC tribe and I am now fighting for the Militia group.

Too bad I have to head out of town for a couple of days as I luv it so far.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:Played about 2 hours and boy they went fast. The game is fast and furious. Lots of fun and as Macca pointed out, no matter where you figure in the scoreboard you do have the sense that you have contributed towards your particular group while having a blast. Weapons keep getting better after level 7 along the cards and getting on a rodeo never gets old. Just finished fighting for the IMC tribe and I am now fighting for the Militia group.

Too bad I have to head out of town for a couple of days as I luv it so far.
I'm level 5 so I guess I'll get some of those weapons tonight :)
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Some of the maps absolutely blow away what they used in the beta.

I have absolutely no situational awareness when I'm in a Titan. There is so much $hit going on with the HUD that I'm comically overwhelmed at times. I don't think I've effectively taken out a pilot going rodeo on me yet. Just got that mechanical smoke though, so I'm anxious to try it.

It's been said in all the reviews, so it's nothing insightful, but the burn cards are really cool. The limited number of spots means nobody gets crazily overpowered, but they also add a lot to the experience.

This is going to be excellent if we can get some teamwork going.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Put in a few hours myself last night. Up to about level 15 I guess.

-I started out using the smart pistol, and trying to unlock the enhanced targeting (almost there), but I eventually had to concede I am far more effective with the carbine. Surprisingly good range with the ACOG sight.

-I generally get in a Titan whenever I want to die. I always get pwnt. It also took me a a few hours to realize I have to aim down the sight with Titan weapons too or I won't hit s***. D'oh.

-I did the IBC campaign, though didn't win a single match. Is the matchmaking there different? I mean I did the whole IBC campaign, and the other team more than doubled my team's score every single game. I started the militia campaign too, same deal with the one or 2 rounds I did. Wildly unbalanced teams where I was the top player in rank and score on my team, but I was at least 5 ranks behind every single player on the other team.

-I'm developing some strategies for fighting Titans on foot--use the electro grenades, only fight flaming Titans or ones in the middle of fight with another Titan...

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Naples39 wrote:
-I generally get in a Titan whenever I want to die. I always get pwnt. It also took me a a few hours to realize I have to aim down the sight with Titan weapons too or I won't hit s***. D'oh.
I eventually worked out that I should never spawn a Titan unless there were a number of friendly Titans in the neighborhood. Coordinating with randoms is a non-starter, but I was able to create a wolfpack situation a few times and put together some nice long stretches of nearly effective play in the Titan.

It's also easy with all the new players to take advantage of the fact that so few pilots know how to deal with rodeo attacks. I had a round where I took down 6 Titans myself that way, mostly because the pilots were oblivious or distracted.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Picked this up, got it home. Stared at it in the shrinkwrap....

and then played Dark Souls 2 all freaking night. Still unopened :|

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

When trying to rodeo a Titan, don't forget to use the cloak skill, yes I did get stomped a few times but it's worth the ride. :)