TDU2

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: TDU2

Post by Teal »

Gurantsu wrote:Still a blast. The best way to describe it is if you liked the last one, you'll like this one more. If you didn't like the last one, this one won't change your mind.
+1. I'll add that, the longer you play it, the better it gets. Last night I drove around, and watched as one hell of a storm started brewing up around me. It was noon on the game clock, but it got dark as night. Torrential rain, cloud to ground lightning everywhere...man, it was incredible. I love how the water will remain on the roads for quite some time after the rain stops, and the sun won't immediately come back out. Sunrise and sunset are things of beauty. The lighting is fantastic.

I finally found all the junkers for the dune buggy, and that thing is just flat fun to drive. It powerslides very well, and doesn't seem to get the fishtails like some other cars do. I can't wait to open the others.

I'm still waiting for the ability to buy a club. For some reason, it won't let me do it now, even with the money. Hope they fix whatever that is soon. I read of free DLC today, and a big patch coming soon. The DLC includes one of my all time favorite muscle cars, the 69 Dodge Charger. Hazzard County, here I come!
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Agreed...still one of my favorite games ever. This thing is like crack. So much bigger than the first too!

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Agreed...still one of my favorite games ever. This thing is like crack. So much bigger than the first too!
Yeah, even if it were just Oahu over again, all the new roads and the off-roads make it much bigger than the first by itself. But man, Ibiza is fun to drive. There's not been another game in a loooong time that I can spend 3 hours just literally doing nothing, and loving it. GTA and RDR are about the only other two that I can say that about, but even they weren't as blissful in the 'doing nothingness' department.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

I just picked this up on Tuesday and am having a blast - not sure why all the negative reviews. Haven't had any real server problems, besides the occasional 'servers are not available', but those seems to correct themselves in a matter of minutes.

Is there a way to sell one of your cars? Also, what is everyone's steering control settings at? Just want to make sure there isn't something that everyone else has changed that I am not aware of.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

TheTruth wrote:I just picked this up on Tuesday and am having a blast - not sure why all the negative reviews. Haven't had any real server problems, besides the occasional 'servers are not available', but those seems to correct themselves in a matter of minutes.

Is there a way to sell one of your cars? Also, what is everyone's steering control settings at? Just want to make sure there isn't something that everyone else has changed that I am not aware of.
I haven't found a way to flat out sell the cars, the only way I've been able to do it is if I've filled up my garages and I don't have any more spaces. I've rectified that by buying damn near every property I come across. :) Good to have cash now.

As for steering...I'm running straight default on the 360 controller. Works good for me though its a b*tch to go back and forth between it and F1 2010. LOL. The games are just a little bit different.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
TheTruth wrote:I just picked this up on Tuesday and am having a blast - not sure why all the negative reviews. Haven't had any real server problems, besides the occasional 'servers are not available', but those seems to correct themselves in a matter of minutes.

I haven't found a way to flat out sell the cars, the only way I've been able to do it is if I've filled up my garages and I don't have any more spaces. I've rectified that by buying damn near every property I come across. :) Good to have cash now.

As for steering...I'm running straight default on the 360 controller. Works good for me though its a b*tch to go back and forth between it and F1 2010. LOL. The games are just a little bit different.
So if your garage is full and you go to buy another car it will ask if you want to sell one? That is good to know. I want to get rid of my A6 camaro since I just bought the Subaru. What is the best A7 class car?
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

TheTruth wrote:So if your garage is full and you go to buy another car it will ask if you want to sell one? That is good to know. I want to get rid of my A6 camaro since I just bought the Subaru. What is the best A7 class car?
Yes, exactly. And I have no idea which cars are the best, I just rolled with the ones I liked. I forget what I was using on those lower races...I'm rockin' Bugattis now. :)

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

This game sounds great. I will probably pick this up soon. Is it some arcade or all sim?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Lancer wrote:This game sounds great. I will probably pick this up soon. Is it some arcade or all sim?
It's in the middle, but leans a little towards sim.

spooky157
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by spooky157 »

For those of you still playing this game on X360, the patch just dropped today. Here's a list of fixes:

•Improve login process to allow a higher volume of successful connections

•Increase online stability across all multiplayer functionality

•Improve performance and stability of Friends List and Friend Invites

•Enable Club and MyTDULife functionality (fixes for these will be included in the patch, but they won't be enabled immediately - we want to test things first)

•Enable Co-Op races

•Enable weather while offline

•Address an issue where players can get a Lancia which has no car data (the patch should prevent this from occurring in the future, and restore players who are currently affected by the issue)