OT: NCAA March Madness

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

If Syracuse hits some threes, any threes in the first half, they could be leading. As it stands, they're cold from the outside.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

sportdan30 wrote:If Syracuse hits some threes, any threes in the first half, they could be leading. As it stands, they're cold from the outside.
Devendorf and Rautins are 1-for-13 combined from the floor in the first half. That's not cold; that's cryogenic.

:evil:

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Crocker is unconcious for the Okies. Devo doesn't have much to whoop and trash-talk about tonight for SU.

Flynn is showing some sack, still trying to make things happen despite being hobbled by injury.

Oh, paging Paul Harris. Paging Mr. Paul Harris. Please report to the game.

Ugh.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Definitely an off night for the 'Cuse. Playing better in the second half, but when you can't stop OU on offense, it ultimately doesn't matter. I haven't seen OU play this well in a while.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Well, one Big East team won by a blowout. One was blown out. Wish the teams were reversed.

Okie will be a tough out for anyone if it plays as well as tonight. Congrats.

Still, four Big East teams in the Elite Eight. Just wish the 'Cuse could have made it five.

SU should be really good next season. The Orange only loses top reserve Ongenat, as Flynn insists he's returning for his junior season to stay with his high school buddy Paul Harris in his final year at SU.

Take care,
PK

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Sucks PK...

I actually had Syracuse going to the final 4... lol My bracket might be officially screwed!

I do have Pitt winning it all though...

icvu42
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by icvu42 »

pk500 wrote: SU should be really good next season. The Orange only loses top reserve Ongenat, as Flynn insists he's returning for his junior season to stay with his high school buddy Paul Harris in his final year at SU.

Take care,
PK
Add Wes Johnson to the mix and they should be deadly. Of course, they need Harris to find his game. He really disappeared the past few weeks.

Oh well, Iactually picked Ok to win. So if Mich St can win tonight and UNC holds on, I'll have 7 of the final 8.

Rick

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Congrats to MSU. Man do I hate Big 10 style of basketball. But I have to give the Spartans credit. Tough loss for KU but the fact that they won it all last year is still fresh in my mind. This one hurts, but they'll be a much better team next year.....if Stephenson signs with KU.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Great season by Mizzou. Nothing to be ashamed about. Coach Andersen did an amazing job this year. Hope he sticks around.

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Go UConn! Final Four bound!
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Murph wrote:Go UConn! Final Four bound!
Next stop....probation! :P

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

sportdan30 wrote:
Murph wrote:Go UConn! Final Four bound!
Next stop....probation! :P
Jim Calhoun has a message for you, Dan. :)
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/imag ... 73c304.jpg
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

sportdan30 wrote:Great season by Mizzou. Nothing to be ashamed about. Coach Andersen did an amazing job this year. Hope he sticks around.
Yes they did have an excellent season, show him the money Alden!!!

U- CONN is right. :P

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Michigan State over Louisville? Are you kidding me? MSU is not a great team. Decent, but nothing worthy of a Final Four team IMO. How sad.

It looks like it's UNC's Championship to take if they play well.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

sportdan30 wrote:Michigan State over Louisville? Are you kidding me? MSU is not a great team. Decent, but nothing worthy of a Final Four team IMO. How sad.
How exactly is it sad? They blew Louisville out of the building, hard to say they aren't a worthy Final Four team when they do that to the #1 overall seed.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

It's simple, Tom Izzo.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Stephen Curry heads to Duke? You have got to be kidding me!!! :roll:

TheGamer
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheGamer »

The Big Ten is a better conference than the media gives it credit for. Michigan State is consistently one of the best programs in the country. Its not a shame they are in the FF, just show how great a program they really have.
XBL gamertag:SecondACR Vet
PSN: BHoward1
http://community.2ksports.com/community ... id=1010465
http://twitter.com/ BradHowardSr

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

MizzouRah wrote:Stephen Curry heads to Duke? You have got to be kidding me!!! :roll:
It's his brother, Seth Curry at Liberty, who's transferring. Stephen Curry hasn't decided whether to go into the draft or stay in school for his senior season yet.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Jared wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:Stephen Curry heads to Duke? You have got to be kidding me!!! :roll:
It's his brother, Seth Curry at Liberty, who's transferring. Stephen Curry hasn't decided whether to go into the draft or stay in school for his senior season yet.
I'd be shocked if he entered the draft this year. He just seems so tiny & I can't imagine any team jumping on him too early. Then again, he's probably maxed out what could be accomplished at Davidson - so what could it hurt?

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

i was out of town this weekend so a belated congrats to Mizzou for whipping my Tiger's butt.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Dave wrote:
sportdan30 wrote:Michigan State over Louisville? Are you kidding me? MSU is not a great team. Decent, but nothing worthy of a Final Four team IMO. How sad.
How exactly is it sad? They blew Louisville out of the building, hard to say they aren't a worthy Final Four team when they do that to the #1 overall seed.
I agree. They were the one exceptional team out of the Big 10. They play excellent defense and can disrupt anyone's offense. I think UConn will win, but Michigan State matches up pretty well against them.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Brando70 wrote:
Dave wrote:
I agree. They were the one exceptional team out of the Big 10. They play excellent defense and can disrupt anyone's offense. I think UConn will win, but Michigan State matches up pretty well against them.
UConn should win but ya never know. I like the way Mich St plays. They definately deserve to be there.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Calipari going to Kentucky for 6 years $40 million.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Jared wrote:
Oh.. well then...