Guitar Hero World Tour Impressions

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Spooky wrote:
Teal wrote:The last Tool song is hard as hell on guitar, on hard difficulty. Barely, barely passed it.
Yeah, well, they're f*cking impossible on Expert drums! :evil:
Really? I'll have to give it a try. There was nothing hard at all about them on Hard, so I'm surprised that there would be that much of a jump.

Have you been playing them all on Expert, Spooky? Any others that you have found a challenge?

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

webdanzer wrote:
Spooky wrote:
Teal wrote:The last Tool song is hard as hell on guitar, on hard difficulty. Barely, barely passed it.
Yeah, well, they're f*cking impossible on Expert drums! :evil:
Really? I'll have to give it a try. There was nothing hard at all about them on Hard, so I'm surprised that there would be that much of a jump.

Have you been playing them all on Expert, Spooky? Any others that you have found a challenge?
Yeah, funny you mention that because I tried 'hard' after failing on expert and was shocked at how much easier they were. I passed them without much issue at all.

Have yet to run into any other impossible tracks. But I'm only about halfway through the career.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Spooky wrote:
webdanzer wrote:
Spooky wrote: Yeah, well, they're f*cking impossible on Expert drums! :evil:

Yeah, funny you mention that because I tried 'hard' after failing on expert and was shocked at how much easier they were. I passed them without much issue at all.

Have yet to run into any other impossible tracks. But I'm only about halfway through the career.
Wow, the difference between the Tool songs on Hard and Expert on drums is indeed amazing! I only tried two of the songs once, but they were much more difficult and I failed them both.

Thinking I was missing something, I played like 5-6 more songs on Expert, both from the beginning and end of the career track lists, and while they were more difficult than they were on Hard (as expected), I saw nothing else like the Tool jump...even with songs in the last couple of tiers.

Odd. But, I will go back and play them now. :) I think they just made them far too easy on Hard, I guess.

barking_dogma
Mario Mendoza

Post by barking_dogma »

Repeat post from the RB thread:

I'm still prefer my white, corded guitar from GH2. I have the wireless GH3 guitar...but didn't get the RB or RB2 models when they came out. (Tried RB guitar and the fret buttons just aren't "clicky" enough).

I'm going to go ahead and get GH World Tour soon.

My question(s): Is it worth it to go ahead and get the GH WT guitar this go-around? Also, I play mostly Bass when I'm online...I heard the two-fingered bass controller from RB2 is cool...can anyone confirm this?

My first post to this thread...so sorry if this topic has been covered. Thanks for your input.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

barking_dogma wrote:Repeat post from the RB thread:

I'm still prefer my white, corded guitar from GH2. I have the wireless GH3 guitar...but didn't get the RB or RB2 models when they came out. (Tried RB guitar and the fret buttons just aren't "clicky" enough).

I'm going to go ahead and get GH World Tour soon.

My question(s): Is it worth it to go ahead and get the GH WT guitar this go-around? Also, I play mostly Bass when I'm online...I heard the two-fingered bass controller from RB2 is cool...can anyone confirm this?

My first post to this thread...so sorry if this topic has been covered. Thanks for your input.
I have the GH2 wired guitar but only use it on the computer, had been using the GH3 wireless guitar for both the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games and bought the GH World Tour game and guitar and I like the guitar from it the best. I have only tried the Rock Band guitars in stores but have never owned any of them so I couldn't give any advice on them.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

For me, I think the GH:WT guitar is very improved over the GH3 guitar. And I love that slide bar.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I've read this whole thread and I'm curious but how is the singing aspect of the game? I'm trying to decided why I would buy this when I own RB2, I mostly sing in the band we do but dabble with all the instruments.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

Anyone else finding some of the songs to be a little lackluster in terms of guitar playing? I'm only on medium, but a few songs like No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn, What've I Done?, and Hey Man Nice Shot can be very boring for long stretches. I don't recall it being this easy in GH3.

Based on listening to the songs (which I don't mind), I think maybe some of these were just poor choices for GH.
-Matt

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

matthewk wrote:Anyone else finding some of the songs to be a little lackluster in terms of guitar playing? I'm only on medium, but a few songs like No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn, What've I Done?, and Hey Man Nice Shot can be very boring for long stretches. I don't recall it being this easy in GH3.

Based on listening to the songs (which I don't mind), I think maybe some of these were just poor choices for GH.
How the Beastie Boys keep finding their way into band games truly puzzles me.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Naples39 wrote: How the Beastie Boys keep finding their way into band games truly puzzles me.
I really want to know how so much song duplication happens between games. Dinosaur Jr in two games? Really? Not a bad song, but of all songs released by all rock bands at any time, how do GHWT and RB end up with a dozen plus duplicates?

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

webdanzer wrote:
Naples39 wrote: How the Beastie Boys keep finding their way into band games truly puzzles me.
I really want to know how so much song duplication happens between games. Dinosaur Jr in two games? Really? Not a bad song, but of all songs released by all rock bands at any time, how do GHWT and RB end up with a dozen plus duplicates?
My guess is that the record company gets an offer from one of Harmonix/Activision, then the record company calls the other of the two so as to double their royalty income.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Hendrix pack today, I believe! I'm pretty excited about that one.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Naples39 wrote:How the Beastie Boys keep finding their way into band games truly puzzles me.
Because they started as a band and a lot of their songs are full of instruments being played. :roll:

Now, if you had said I don't know how they can keep the same name since their all in the mid 40's now...I would agree with you. :lol:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I picked up just the game in the Circuit city fire sale they didn't have any other bundles left.

Having not read the book or done any tutorials I have questions on some stuff I'll have to figure out. Did a few songs on a singing career on Expert and they were easy as hell, then did hard on guitar and liked it much better.

No idea why most of the starting songs are RB2 duplicates, whole thing feels foreign to me after playing so much RB & RB2 so I need to get used to it. Wasn't a great first impression.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Naples39 wrote:
webdanzer wrote:
My guess is that the record company gets an offer from one of Harmonix/Activision, then the record company calls the other of the two so as to double their royalty income.
It's just annoying that the SAME song would appear. There are a lot of D Jr songs that would be awesome for these games, for instance, because of J Mascis's guitar playing and the usually frenetic drumming in their songs. To have the same song in both is a wasted opportunity.

skinsfan
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by skinsfan »

You're Living All Over Me should be available as DLC...well that and Zen Arcade or New Day Rising.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

There are quite a few good, challenging drum songs on Expert level. (Not just Tool :) )

The only problem is that the charts sometimes let me know I'm not using the native drums with the game. Some parts definitely feel wrong on the RB1 drums. I'll probably end up picking up the drums when (If?) they sell them separately.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

GH getting some DLC that makes me jealous as a Rock Band-only guy.
The Smashing Pumpkins, one of rock's defining and most acclaimed bands who have sold over 30 million albums, return to Guitar Hero World Tour, tomorrow December 4th, with a three-song track pack featuring the recently released single "G.L.O.W.," "1979" and "Everlasting Gaze."

Featuring the stylistic melodies of Kurt Cobain, Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl, the pioneers of alternative rock, Nirvana, make their Guitar Hero® downloadable content debut with the Nirvana Track Pack. Featuring the final single released by the band, "You Know You're Right," along with "Negative Creep," off the band's debut album Bleach, and the smash hit "Sliver," the Nirvana Track Pack will be available for Guitar Hero World Tour on December 11th.

After delivering the timeless rock ballad "Hotel California" to the on-disc set list of Guitar Hero World Tour, The Eagles will thrill the Guitar Hero audience once again on December 18th with three chart topping hits. From the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees' seventh studio album and first in 28 years, Long Road Out of Eden, "Frail Grasp on the Big Picture" is joined by two classic tracks that climbed to the top of the Billboard's Hot 100, "One of These Nights" and "Life in the Fast Lane."

Rounding out the downloadable set list for Guitar Hero World Tour in December are three free Reggae grooves. The Reggae Rock Track Pack is comprised of "Jimi" from Slightly Stoopid, "Your Face" from Pepper and Expendables' "Sacrifice." The free tracks will be available for download on December 23rd.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Maybe we can tempt you in for 5, Naples? I mean, look at the goodness that awaits...

At the meeting, Activision Blizzard showcased new games that would make sense for in-game ads, including the vaguely titled “Guitar Hero 5,” which included a screen shot of gameplay with a Burger King ad to the right of the note highway.

Awesome!

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/?p=14875

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

webdanzer wrote:Maybe we can tempt you in for 5, Naples? I mean, look at the goodness that awaits...

At the meeting, Activision Blizzard showcased new games that would make sense for in-game ads, including the vaguely titled “Guitar Hero 5,” which included a screen shot of gameplay with a Burger King ad to the right of the note highway.

Awesome!

If activision pulls that crap in COD: Modern Warfare 2 I will be pissed.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Naples39 wrote:
webdanzer wrote:Maybe we can tempt you in for 5, Naples? I mean, look at the goodness that awaits...

Awesome!

If activision pulls that crap in COD: Modern Warfare 2 I will be pissed.
I can see it now:

"This headshot brought to you by Tylenol. When you've got a headache this bad grab a Tylenol!"
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

For you guys who keep breaking kick pedals...

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/12/04 ... ps-kickin/

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

From a Guitar or Bass only perspective I prefer RB2 over GHWT. However, I really like how GHWT has added the E note fills on bass.

Playing bass on hard with Metallica's Death Magnetic DLC is actually very fun.

A negative when it comes to bass is that GHWT doesn't seem to have the sound mix down as good as RB2. Playing RB2 you can really hear when somebody is playing bass. You've got to listen hard to hear the lowend in GHWT.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

so, I went for it and bought this kick pedal:

http://omegapedal.com/

HOLY SH*T!!!!! This thing rules and has COMPLETELY changed my opinion on the Guitar Hero drum kit now.

This addition to the kit makes it such a joy to play. Yes, it's expensive, but if you play the drums A LOT then it's worth every penny. It's tension is perfect (and adjustable) and better yet, it does not slide around what-so-ever.

My only gripe so far is that it is perhaps a tad too sensitive. I think there are times when it is registering an extra hit when I am not as deliberate with my strikes. this is not that frequent though and can probably be remedied with some adjustments tot he tension/positioning.

So far I highly recommend it. It also comes with a true splitter so you can plug in the old pedal and do double bass if you want.

It's also availible for Rock Band...
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »