OT: F1 2006 Strategy Game

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

Gurantsu wrote:My favorite of the F1 Management games of Grand Prix World. There is a patch out that will let it run flawlessly on Windows XP (without it it can be flukey). I have a season going over lunch at work, as the Jordan team.

Very cool game, and can be had pretty cheap I think on Ebay. I don't know if it's on Underdogs or not (it's a pretty old game).

By the way, lets get PK all signed up and start the season! I'm not as fast this time around, but I'll get ya's in the race!
Is there patches to bring the game up to 2006, at least with the teams? I see one copy on EBAY from the UK that I would like to look at getting......
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

CrazyPsycho
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by CrazyPsycho »

Ok, damn you all for finding BATracer. I'm pretty well hooked on it now. I need me a teammate, so we can dominate. :lol: Teamwork is key, makes it alot easier to get your setup exact.

I've got a couple other seasons going, and I really like the way the races are done. If you have your setup on, you will have good results, but god help you if you don't. The weather changes are a nice touch, it seems to rain alot, but that makes it harder to get your setup on.

Also, if you are running a smaller team, you really aren't far behind. I read a post on their forums where if you have the exact setups, the Aguri's are only like .5 slower per lap. Sure, not the most realistic, but at least you have a chance. Of course, their reliability isn't so good. I succeeded getting a pole with a Toro as well.

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

Gangrel wrote:Is there patches to bring the game up to 2006, at least with the teams? I see one copy on EBAY from the UK that I would like to look at getting......
There was one that brought it up to 2005. Didn't change the car graphics on the track, but in the team screens all the drivers and such were updated. I can't remember if it worked with the XP patch or not.
2319!

Gamertag: "Gurantsu"

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

CrazyPsycho, I wish the lead Super Aguri was 5 tenths down on me and not - whisper it - a tenth ahead. Someone's hit the sweet spot, but with a bit of luck, sfz has the 6 stop routine cued up and ready for action. I'm counting on you, mate.

squiddy - I think Don was planning to start the game proper once everyone was signed up and had practice under their belts, so if I've understood properly, once emelki signs up for the second Toyota seat we should be set fair.

Edit - Gurantsu, have you had any problems at all with the XP patch for Grand Prix World? I'm thinking about trying to get hold of a copy but the XP patches I found for GP500 and Superbike 2000 didn't work at all so I'm hesitating until I've read a chunk of glowing user testimony.

Neckthai
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Neckthai »

Room for one more? Just noticed this game. I could be Toro Rosso

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Neckthai wrote:Room for one more? Just noticed this game. I could be Toro Rosso
Looks like there is an open seat at Toro Rosso. Pending a final word from DChaps, Welcome to the family Neck! Want a Gaven shirt, maybe a Meola?

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Hey guys, sorry for the delay. It's been a rough weekend. Neck you are in at Toro Rosso. I have sent you a PM with the details. Also, emelki you have a PM as well with the new link and password to fill the last seat at Toyota. I will start things proper tomorrow once I have seen everyone in. Thanks for your patience.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Just finished my practice laps. I'll echo what others have said -- this is a very fun little piece of software and will be very fun competition.

I'm already steamed that I'm failing at the golden rule of F1: Always beat your teammate. :)

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

emelki, you still in on this game running for Toyota? If so, check your personal messages section at the top of this forum for the join link and password. Please respond by end of day. If anyone else is interested as an alternate at Toyota, post here and it will be first come first serve if emelki does not respond or has decided not to compete. Thanks.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

On a side note as we wait for official qualifying to start, who knows the significance of the password?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

DChaps wrote:On a side note as we wait for official qualifying to start, who knows the significance of the password?
Fangio's nickname. :)

Nice one!

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

ProvoAnC
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ProvoAnC »

pk500 wrote: I'm already steamed that I'm failing at the golden rule of F1: Always beat your teammate. :)

Take care,
PK
HAHAA......all I did was tweak the sliders to what they told me to do...it definitely does help that this is he 'second' round of practise. I sucked balls the first time around

the owner is telling you to be me rolling blocker on my way to the podium :wink:
I have a new gamertag Provo 4569

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

GB_Simo wrote:Gurantsu, have you had any problems at all with the XP patch for Grand Prix World? I'm thinking about trying to get hold of a copy but the XP patches I found for GP500 and Superbike 2000 didn't work at all so I'm hesitating until I've read a chunk of glowing user testimony.
I've had no problems at all running it in XP with the patch. Without it I did get occasional drops to desktop. I forget where I got the patch from, but if you need it I have a copy of it around here somewhere.
2319!

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

Lets fill that seat at Toyota and get this party started!
2319!

James_E
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by James_E »

I'll play if you need one more to fill things out. Sounds like I don't need to spend a TON of time on it, so I'm game to join and try it out.

Has anyone already spoken for the last Toyota slot?

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

There was someone who joined it the first try we had, but he hasn't signed up the second time yet. I'll defer to the commish for a ruling!
2319!

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Gurantsu wrote:There was someone who joined it the first try we had, but he hasn't signed up the second time yet. I'll defer to the commish for a ruling!
It will all come down to the vote of Chuck Norris.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

James_E wrote:I'll play if you need one more to fill things out. Sounds like I don't need to spend a TON of time on it, so I'm game to join and try it out.

Has anyone already spoken for the last Toyota slot?
Jamie, welcome to the Toyota team and DSP F1 2006. You have a PM with the link and password details. I will start the game tonight once you have signed up. Thanks.

James_E
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by James_E »

I signed up. Let's go.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Ok, good news and bad news.

The good news, the game has started officially.

The bad news - since I am bascially learning this game as we go, by me starting the game it automatically jumped to qualifying and performed qualifying based on the setups and strategy that everyone already had set in their qualifying section. Sorry, I did not realize it would do this.

Here is what the game is reporting now:
THE GAME HAS ADVANCED!

23 hr 59 min until Race

Motorsport News

Qualifying results for Bahrain are now in! Click to proceed to the sessions timesheet and summary data. You should now make steps towards preparing for the race and revising car setup.

Competitor and team signup is complete and the game has begun! Make sure you and your team are ready for the first session. The time remaining until the next session is displayed on the right hand side of most of your setup screens. Good luck!
It looks like it is now allowing warmup laps.

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

Ah, I say so what. Leave it be. Any gains the slow guys (aka Midland ;) have will be gone next race anyway.

besides, if this is fun and we can do a season in a month, I don't see why we couldnt' do another one after... (or even an Indy Car one as they are planning on that too)
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Yea, don't worry about it. I didn't qulaify that well, but I've tinkered with my setup enough that I'm happy about where it is for the race. This was one great find by you guys.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Damn, I hope I didn't qualify on soft tires! I can do a one- or two-stopper on hard tires. :)

And for those who aren't real F1 fans but are becoming curious about the sport due to this game, the Australian Grand Prix is this weekend. Practice is late Thursday night, qualifying late Friday night and the race late Saturday night (not Friday-Saturday-Sunday due to the time difference to Oz), all on Speed.

Check it out!

Take care,
PK

CrazyPsycho
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by CrazyPsycho »

Basically, you get 24 hours to practice, and 24 hours to warmup. Since it's a private game, you can either pause the game, or advance it. Can't wait till we all get used to it. It's pretty exciting to me.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

RED BULL REVOLUTION, I SAY!!