Tiger Woods 13 PGA TOUR and CE Info

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Tiger Woods 13 PGA TOUR and CE Info

Post by TheTruth »

Is there no way to check leader boards on the website? If not, wow.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Danimal wrote:
Naples39 wrote: By the way, when weather is "random", I presume everyone is getting the same conditions and it's not changing player-to-player?
I would assume. Usually I set it to Live feed so you get whatever they have. I tried Random for todays round we'll see what happens.
Hmmm, but if it's Live Feed, someone who plays one night could have different conditions than someone who played the next morning. I don't have a problem with this---happens in real life and thems the breaks---just wanted to inquire.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Naples39 wrote:
Danimal wrote:
Naples39 wrote: By the way, when weather is "random", I presume everyone is getting the same conditions and it's not changing player-to-player?
I would assume. Usually I set it to Live feed so you get whatever they have. I tried Random for todays round we'll see what happens.
Hmmm, but if it's Live Feed, someone who plays one night could have different conditions than someone who played the next morning. I don't have a problem with this---happens in real life and thems the breaks---just wanted to inquire.
I've been in real life tournaments where there have been 2 hour rain delays that put me at a disadvantage after they were over... that's golf.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

TheTruth wrote:Is there no way to check leader boards on the website? If not, wow.
No there is not and exactly WOW!

Be nice to see EA called to task for all the missing stuff on the web site but it won't happen. At the end of the day not enough people care about a golf game.
Follow Me on:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I tried to play a round of the daily last night with a controller, and I suck with the controller. Like, badly. I really can't judge my strength on the short game at all. Of course, part of it is consistently forgetting to use the other stick to choose how to hit the ball...lol. I probably won't get into the daily's and stuff until I get some more controller time under my belt, and can level my dude up to at least reach the fairway from the tee box... :oops:
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Danimal wrote:
TheTruth wrote:Is there no way to check leader boards on the website? If not, wow.

Be nice to see EA called to task for all the missing stuff on the web site but it won't happen. At the end of the day not enough people care about a golf game.
Yeah, I don't understand why you would do all this online and country club stuff and then not have the basics of stat tracking available. On the other hand, I find it even more unbelieveable that I cannot view my scorecard hole by hole during a round, or at least after the round is over. There has got to be a way to see your entire scorecard at least in game, correct? Am I just missing where this option is?

orthostud23
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by orthostud23 »

Nice round HOGZ on the Sawgrass daily!! I could never get any momentum going. Everytime I made a birdie I came back with a bogey.

Played the first round of the Pebble tourney which was again a very tough round.

Question... Is there a way to set up an ALt shot match with a teammate against 2 randoms?? Or is it completely random who your partner will be in these matches?

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

DChaps wrote:
Danimal wrote:

Yeah, I don't understand why you would do all this online and country club stuff and then not have the basics of stat tracking available. On the other hand, I find it even more unbelieveable that I cannot view my scorecard hole by hole during a round, or at least after the round is over. There has got to be a way to see your entire scorecard at least in game, correct? Am I just missing where this option is?
Is there not a scorecard in the pause menu during a round? I can't remember.....
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

Teal wrote:I tried to play a round of the daily last night with a controller, and I suck with the controller. Like, badly. I really can't judge my strength on the short game at all. Of course, part of it is consistently forgetting to use the other stick to choose how to hit the ball...lol. I probably won't get into the daily's and stuff until I get some more controller time under my belt, and can level my dude up to at least reach the fairway from the tee box... :oops:
I bought the game last night and I really really suck too. It's fun though!

Would my horrid performance adversely impact the club in any way? If so, I'll try to practice and level up offline and in career mode and join in the tourneys when I'm a little better. Or would my participation, no matter how bad, help the club?

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

Obvioulsy putting DSP on your jersey means you are the best of the best, so we don't want anyone in the club, in EASHL, or in an F1 car if you cannot excel!

Oh, no, wait, if that was our criteria, NOBODY would be in any DSP club....... (maybe TCrouch for F1, but thats about it)

Join the club if there's room..... it actually helps you earn coins faster I think.

If there's one thing DSP is NOT, we're not leaderboard whores. ;) Just regular ones.......
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Well said.

The more you play helps the club earn coins etc.
Follow Me on:

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

I just posted a +40 :oops: in the first round of our weekly tourney at Pebble Beach. The wind was a pain, but the real problem is that I just can't seem to get any consistency going with the Kinect. I do the same shot off the tee three times in a row, doing (what I think) is the same motion, and get three totally different results. (The first shots being OB by the way, happened a few times). I just can't figure out exactly what the Kinect wants me to do, and once I think I have it figured out it starts doing something else. Its a shame because I'd love to be able to play that way, and I know that my golfers stats are still low, but without some kind of consistency it's no more than a gimmick to me.

I have a little time now so I'm going to do the second round with the controller and see what happens.
2319!

Gamertag: "Gurantsu"

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Gurantsu wrote:I just posted a +40 :oops: in the first round of our weekly tourney at Pebble Beach. The wind was a pain, but the real problem is that I just can't seem to get any consistency going with the Kinect. I do the same shot off the tee three times in a row, doing (what I think) is the same motion, and get three totally different results. (The first shots being OB by the way, happened a few times). I just can't figure out exactly what the Kinect wants me to do, and once I think I have it figured out it starts doing something else. Its a shame because I'd love to be able to play that way, and I know that my golfers stats are still low, but without some kind of consistency it's no more than a gimmick to me.
Finally, someone with the EXACT same experience as me. I also shot 40+ on Round 1. I did get about 20 shots better on Round 2, but I agree I can't get a feel for how what I am doing with the Kinect and how it actually impacts what happens in game. It seems somewhat consistent on putting and the short game, but driving is another story. I am still wondering how much some of that may have to due with my really low rated CAG.
Leebo33 wrote:Would my horrid performance adversely impact the club in any way? If so, I'll try to practice and level up offline and in career mode and join in the tourneys when I'm a little better. Or would my participation, no matter how bad, help the club?
Can't be much worse than +60 after two rounds. Come on and join so I have someone to fight it out with.
Gangrel wrote:Is there not a scorecard in the pause menu during a round? I can't remember.....
Not that I could find, but to be honest I could not figure how to pull up a pause menu other than the Exit back to Xbox Home/Dash option. I definitely could not find a way to review your scorecard after the round was complete which I think is ridiculous. A game like this should be a stat tracking dream. I should be able to view all my past rounds, see the conditions, difficulty/assits, and controller method used and be able to see how they compare. I know one of the Headgate PC golf sims gave you the abilty to see all sorts of stats. I am still hoping that I just don't know how to access this stuff, but that it is all there waiting for me to be able to review how bad I am.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

A short, but relatively fair review of TW 13. Seems to mimic some of my experiences so far.

http://www.ugo.com/games/tiger-woods-pga-tour-13-review
The game doesn't put its best foot forward in teaching its new mechanics and systems; it hides its tutorial in the career mode, and on the third event instead of putting it right out front and welcoming the player in. The lack of a proper paper manual made it difficult to grasp some of the new controls and mechanics, and the fact that its controls weren't properly introduced until the third event I participated in left me puzzled. I don't know why EA didn't build a proper tutorial section to learn all the new controls and functions introduced this year
Yeah, I guess I have not made it that far yet. It really is ridiculous how little information the game gives you about what you are supposed to be doing with the controller or the Kinect and how it impacts that shot. At least they are starting to release some videos that give some ideas as linked earlier in this thread. I can't imagaine someone new to the TW series having any clue as to what they are supposed to be doing.
I typically haven't had a problem with microtransactions or DLC in retail games, but with Tiger Woods PGA Tour13, I feel like EA has their hands out every few minutes asking for another round of Microsoft Points. There's the old Free To Play trick in this game of giving players a currency, coins in this case, and having them earn the currency from their play. Once earned, you can spend your currency to unlock rounds on DLC courses or to purchase boost pins that will give your player an edge in the game – it gives you a taste of the DLC, but nothing more. In this game you can access all the content, unlockables and other doodads, but not without some serious time investment to get coins. They put upgrades and new courses just out of reach for any sane player and push microtransactions as the easy way around your frustration. I wish there was an option to flat out remove the listing for courses and other DLC that are not active on the disc
The options for the DLC courses don't bother me so much, but I still can't figure out what my best bang for my buck is as EA Season Ticket holder and Collectors Edition owner. The Boost/Pin stuff has me very confused as well. If I had these pins would I be able to use them in the DSP Tournaments? I did not realize that I could just buy my way to the best equipment. I guess that is fine, but why not just let me buy my way to a maxed out CAG as well? The whole thing still seems weird from a competition standpoint.
The new Total Swing Control replaces the three-click system of past games and is really the first major gameplay change in years. Swings are now handled on the left stick and done with a tempo system. As you backswing and pull down on the stick, the force with which you pull the stick can allow you to underswing, perfectly time or overswing your hit; as you push forward out of your swing you can hit slow, perfectly or fast. Mixing and matching the different hitting styles is key to having complete control over your swing and where you hit the ball. Gone are some of the more arcade elements of the series, like pounding on buttons to get a little more oomph out of your swing; now all the additional power you need is available at the high end of your swing, with a little more time spent on the backswing. Total Swing Control is going to require players to really practice, and they may revolt like I did, but given enough time and practice, they'll be masters in no time. Now, that's not to say Total Swing Control is perfect, because it's not. It might be great on the fairways and teeing off, but on the greens, it's an exercise in patience and frustration. Figuring out the right kind of power needed to putt the ball in the hole is puzzling at times and the meter for putting is very confusing. Here's a pro tip: change the camera angle during your putts to the side of your character, that way you can see the meter in its entirety; it will ensure that you're not overdoing your puts.
As much as I suck with the Kinect, I am even worse with the controller. How do you change the camera angle when you are in the game? Probably from the same Pause Menu function that I have been unable to find.
I found the Kinect controls to be unique and fun and definitely a fun diversion from the game, but they aren't for players that are seriously playing the game or competing online. There are some really intuitive integrations of the motion, including bending at the knees to get a better look at the ball's lie, but fine tuning shots and other high level play mechanics were too cumbersome with motions or just couldn't deliver the specifics I needed. After a few rounds with Kinect, I retreated to the controller and didn't look back. This game might be labeled as “Better With Kinect,” but most players will find they are better off without it.
Yeah, I would really like some details from Time or an EA Dev about what Aiming a shot and changing Stance, etc. does if you are using the Kinect. If I have my driver out, but I use the aiming control and pull the shot down to 50ft away, is it only going to go 50ft even if I do a full swing with the Kinect? How about when putting?

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

Well, finished +15 on round 2. Not great, but every time a shot went awry at lease I knew why and had some feedback as to the reason. With the Kinect you are just left out in the cold.

Would still love to use the Kinect, but it just gets too damn frustrating. Much like my real golf game!
2319!

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

I had a couple of instances of what appeared to be LAG during my swing in the last tourney. Bizarre, and distracting. I also spent the half hour or so creating a golfer with the gameface thingie. The lighting must have been uneven in my home office, because the resulting golfer looks like he's ready to raise his club and follow William Wallace into battle.

Any of you super-driven folks play late rounds on any of the DLC courses yet this year? I'm curious to hear if some of those nutty pin placements have improved.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

I just blew round 2 out of my ass on the greens and shot a +10. I could not, for the life of me, sink a damn putt. Couldn't hold the greens on my approach, couldn't chip... There's only 2 things I could do during this round; Jack & Sh!t

Damn it's fun though and now on to round 3. Beer me up, Scotty! :)
GT = Wilk5280

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Make that +11 in round 2. UGH!
GT = Wilk5280

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Just took a 10 on hole number 1 in rnd 3. Whoever the F said this game can't be difficult is strait smokin' crack!
GT = Wilk5280

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

For the Canucks living north of the border, I just saw TW 13 regular version on BB online for $39.99. Whether it's a mistake or straight sale, it s a great deal and game. Buy it and join our CC.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

For the Weekly Tourney at Pebble:

+4, +11, +18, E

I don't get the difference between rounds 2&3 and then the final round. I was actually -4 at the turn on day 4 and finished even after bogeying the last 4 holes in a row. Must... Get... Consistent!
GT = Wilk5280

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Wilk5280 wrote:Just took a 10 on hole number 1 in rnd 3. Whoever the F said this game can't be difficult is strait smokin' crack!
Putting and chipping frustratingly stupid.

Hitting fairways and greens easy.

I can shoot +10 but there's no sense to it. It's like losing in Madden with robo Ai kicking in. But in this case it's the unpredictable swing meter. No idea what's going on with it.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Just shot a +11 in the second round of the weekly at Pebble to go +15 for the tournament. Too many blown shots by me. My ball striking sucked this round.

For what it's worth I think we should use the green grid. You are pretty much guessing at long putts without the grid. There is no real way to get a true read on a putt. I still had fun playing but I think it's too much to ask reading putts without the grid. Whatever is decided I'm fine with but I just wanted to throw it out there. If I'm the minority so be it.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

I agree. Without the grid my first putt is purely to see how my second putt will break.
2319!

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

+4 in the second round at pebble. Started off horribly - seemed like I was in every bunker. 55% GIR that round. Had a 7ft eagle putt on 18 and missed it.

I am all in favor of leaving the grid on for putting. To much guess work without it.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701