XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by XXXIV »

Diablo25 wrote:
XXXIV wrote:
Pre ordered at Best Buy today.

I really do hate you guys.
Oh yeah....The Witcher will look prettier than ever.

Well...I have a 43 HDR tV to go along

So it is you I hate.

Bakes
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Bakes »

Wasn't sure if this belonged here or the TV thread but I currently have a 4k UHD Vizio set that does not support HDR. In that scenario would the XB1X be worth it? I'm not too well versed on the subject but it seems HDR is the big selling point? Would the S version be a better investment (if at all)? I'm still using my old launch console.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Bakes wrote:Wasn't sure if this belonged here or the TV thread but I currently have a 4k UHD Vizio set that does not support HDR. In that scenario would the XB1X be worth it? I'm not too well versed on the subject but it seems HDR is the big selling point? Would the S version be a better investment (if at all)? I'm still using my old launch console.
I expect you're going to get a slew of different opinions. HDR of done right in a 4K game is really a (no pun intended) game changer. A game like Horizon Zero Dawn for example. However done half assed like Madden 18 and it makes the game look worse.

Having said that the jump to 4k resolution on games is noticeable all by itself IMO. So now to your question, if you going to upgrade your system and you have a 4K TV I see no reason to choose the XB1S over the XB1X. Besides the 4K the 1X is going to be the most powerful console available so why not go with that?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Did anyone pre-order the XB1X from Best Buy? If so did you get any kind of confirmation on shipping? I've never ordered from Best Buy online before so not sure what to expect.
Follow Me on:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:Did anyone pre-order the XB1X from Best Buy? If so did you get any kind of confirmation on shipping? I've never ordered from Best Buy online before so not sure what to expect.
You'll get a shipping confirmation and tracking info when it ships. Likely Monday/Tuesday depending on the shipping speed they use to get it to you by 11/7.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Danimal wrote:Did anyone pre-order the XB1X from Best Buy? If so did you get any kind of confirmation on shipping? I've never ordered from Best Buy online before so not sure what to expect.
I did but am picking it up at the store. I didn't want to risk leaving it sitting on the porch. Still, I have not received an update yet since I placed the order.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

sportdan30 wrote:
I did but am picking it up at the store. I didn't want to risk leaving it sitting on the porch. Still, I have not received an update yet since I placed the order.
It doesn't release for a week. You're going to get a pickup email when it's available, on the 7th. You bring that email in and show them and pick up your product. Nothing to worry about.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

The embargo on the One X reviews is 11/3. I thought it was today.....oh well.

Will most of the 4K HDR updates be patched by then?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Follow Me on:

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Got this email from amazon tonight, less than a week! :D
Hello,

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

"Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition 1TB Console"
Estimated arrival date: November 07, 2017
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Looking forward to that. Saving the end of my second play through of the second expansion to enjoy the view.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

I was going to wait on the One X until Black Friday, thinking maybe I'd find some sale like a free game bundled in. But a friend just gave me a heads up that Target has the Scorpio edition for preorder. I caved for the special edition and $25 Target discount.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I wish I had gotten in at Amazon rather than Best Buy. I just feel like they are going to screw this up somehow.
Follow Me on:

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Yes, but I am picking mine up Tuesday at BB (the wife said YES!).....

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
sportdan30 wrote:
It doesn't release for a week. You're going to get a pickup email when it's available, on the 7th. You bring that email in and show them and pick up your product. Nothing to worry about.
Thanks for that tidbit of info Scott!

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I can't wait to read impressions from those of you who get it on release day.

No way can I talk the wife into xbox1x and a new 4k TV.

Would love an enhanced NHL 18! Tomb Raider looked good too from what I've seen.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

My incredible wife gave the the go ahead to get the X.....I may have to wait to Christmas to open it, but I think she will waive that requirement.

At best, I will have one Nov. 7th. Want to get impressions of TGC2 on it before I open it. If the differences from the X1 aren't substantial, I may return it and buy at a later time.

Playing TGC2 at 4K on the PC is sublime, but that screen is 32" and with the X I will be playing on a 65" 4K HDR Samsung 8000 Series......with a 7.2 Denon 4K receiver and Klipsch speakers.....

This could be special....

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I preordered the Scorpio Edition and went back and forth on whether to cancel it and wait or not, but I decided to keep it. I'll have mine on Tuesday, but I likely won't be able to play it until Wednesday when I have a night off from class. Seriously looking forward to AC Origins in 4K HDR on that KS8000.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

TCrouch wrote:I preordered the Scorpio Edition and went back and forth on whether to cancel it and wait or not, but I decided to keep it. I'll have mine on Tuesday, but I likely won't be able to play it until Wednesday when I have a night off from class. Seriously looking forward to AC Origins in 4K HDR on that KS8000.
Like you'd cancel it. Come on, who are you kidding?

As long as I can play FIFA in 4k I'm gonna be stoked, since that's by far the game I play the most right now. It's on the list for the graphical upgrade, so I'm happy.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Like you'd cancel it. Come on, who are you kidding?
:lol: Fair enough, normally...

...but I'm pulling 16 hour days twice a week, working and taking a Coding Bootcamp at UT Austin (they have a session set up in Downtown Houston for it), then a Saturday doing the same thing. On the off days, I'm spending all sorts of time working on coding. Every hour I spend playing a game is time that I feel I might fall behind the pace of the course, so on a weekend like last one where I spent the whole damned time on AC Origins, I feel guilty.

And this will continue through March, so yeah...I genuinely considered putting it off. For really reals! I'm still worried the pull will be too much to progress as much as I'd like, but I'd rather keep the Scorpio edition since I already had it ordered.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

TCrouch wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:Like you'd cancel it. Come on, who are you kidding?
:lol: Fair enough, normally...

...but I'm pulling 16 hour days twice a week, working and taking a Coding Bootcamp at UT Austin (they have a session set up in Downtown Houston for it), then a Saturday doing the same thing. On the off days, I'm spending all sorts of time working on coding. Every hour I spend playing a game is time that I feel I might fall behind the pace of the course, so on a weekend like last one where I spent the whole damned time on AC Origins, I feel guilty.

And this will continue through March, so yeah...I genuinely considered putting it off. For really reals! I'm still worried the pull will be too much to progress as much as I'd like, but I'd rather keep the Scorpio edition since I already had it ordered.
Big difference between playing 1-2 hours a weekend vs. 40+...it's called moderation. LOL. But I hear ya...anything that makes you fall behind can be a burden. But you'll keep it.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Less than a week!

Got an email from Amazon today confirming my Scorpio Edition XB1X will be shipped and arrive Tuesday November 7th :D
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Those do look nice, too bad the XONE has the shittiest controller this gen regarding reliability.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote:
Those do look nice, too bad the XONE has the shittiest controller this gen regarding reliability.
Haven't had a single issue with my custom design lab controller or any of my other XB1 controllers myself.
Follow Me on: