Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Golf

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Golf

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Oakmont Country Club added today to Rory. A whopping 13 courses now. I guess this is the final addition too.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2016/03/08/oa ... y-pga-tour

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Don't believe everything you read......

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Speculation in the EA Access thread is that this game may be a dead man walking, but apparently the devs are still working and improving the game.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/ ... e#35646977
We are in the cert process. Probably have it out next week. I would share details but there is a blog, so I don't want to steal marketing's thunder. Once they share the blog (I have no timetable on that yet) I can talk about what is in the patch.

Hint: We messed with career and there is probably a new course.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Aristo wrote:Speculation in the EA Access thread is that this game may be a dead man walking, but apparently the devs are still working and improving the game.

We are in the cert process. Probably have it out next week. I would share details but there is a blog, so I don't want to steal marketing's thunder. Once they share the blog (I have no timetable on that yet) I can talk about what is in the patch.

This has been in the pipeline since December.....I will be shocked if anything is added to this game after this update though.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

DivotMaker wrote:
Aristo wrote:Speculation in the EA Access thread is that this game may be a dead man walking, but apparently the devs are still working and improving the game.

This has been in the pipeline since December.....I will be shocked if anything is added to this game after this update though.
Noted.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

http://www.sportingnews.com/other-sport ... zlplyvlsfi

EA Golf officially dead.....

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

DivotMaker wrote:http://www.sportingnews.com/other-sport ... zlplyvlsfi

EA Golf officially dead.....
I'm not shocked to read this. RMPGAT missed the mark badly for me from a presentation and gameplay standpoint. It was gorgeous graphically, but it was lacking in just about every other department. It won't be missed with games like The Golf Club and JNPG already being better playing games. Then you've got The Golf Club 2 and JNPG Windows 10 versions coming in the next several months, and they'll no doubt make me forget RMPGAT, nor yearn for its successor.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

If I get my golf simulator this summer like I plan, I'll have no need for golf games anymore.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Not gonna say it's not dead, because it sure seems like it is, but that story didn't officially confirm s***.

I'd also say that RMPGAT has better gameplay than TGC. And regardless, I will play an arcade golfer before I play an ugly ass game like TGC.

I'm still waiting for a good AAA golf game to replace EA Golf, and the other games people keep bringing up aren't close, in my opinion. Maybe Microsoft will re-launch Links?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Aristo wrote: I'd also say that RMPGAT has better gameplay than TGC. And regardless, I will play an arcade golfer before I play an ugly ass game like TGC.
You're in the distinct minority on that opinion from what I can tell. I never played it other than the PC but TGC was not ugly on the PC.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I don't like sim golf. I don't want my video game golf to look like my real golf game... Lol
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Speaking of that, Mr. NEW XB1 Owner, you should check out Powerstar Golf on the XB1. It was a launch arcade golf title, and is really, really great. I think the base game is free now. But it is all great.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Aristo wrote:Not gonna say it's not dead, because it sure seems like it is, but that story didn't officially confirm s***.

I'd also say that RMPGAT has better gameplay than TGC. And regardless, I will play an arcade golfer before I play an ugly ass game like TGC.

I'm still waiting for a good AAA golf game to replace EA Golf, and the other games people keep bringing up aren't close, in my opinion. Maybe Microsoft will re-launch Links?
MS no longer owns the Links IP. Take 2 does and have sat on it for 12 years.

JNPG runs circles around RM and TGC in terms of gameplay, especially in TOUR Pro mode. Too bad it is still a PC-only game at this point.

EDIT: Spelling
Last edited by DivotMaker on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Aristo wrote:Speaking of that, Mr. NEW XB1 Owner, you should check out Powerstar Golf on the XB1. It was a launch arcade golf title, and is really, really great. I think the base game is free now. But it is all great.

Yep. Right up my alley. Thanks!
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I know most of the golf aficionados in DSP disliked this game but Sony dropped the price to under $10 so I decided to give it a try.