XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

icvu42
Starting 5
Starting 5

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by icvu42 »

Aristo wrote:They should all apply to the new profile. No need to re-download anything.
Thanks!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Pete1210 wrote: After playing more I'm feeling better about the game. Got some better weapons and the enemies go down easier.
The game should not have Tom Clancy in the title. It is NOT a realistic shooter. Its like Destiny in real world setting. I could get into that.
Anyone getting The Division? I am considering preordering after watching some recent gameplay footage. If you preorder you automatically get in the Beta on the 28th. It looked pretty good. I didn't realize there was a single player story mode with this game. Interesting.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

yeah. I'm getting it.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Sudz wrote:yeah. I'm getting it.
I am very close to pulling the trigger. :)
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

The 1st preview video looked great and had me super excited. I guess there is an iPad app that allows party members to fly in air support. That got me excited as I could have my son handle that while I fought on the ground.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

When I played the Alpha version I was underwhelmed. Hoping that things have improved, I mean this title took several delays. Just got a key for the Beta, my purchase will rely on what I see from it.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Diablo25 wrote: Anyone getting The Division? I am considering preordering after watching some recent gameplay footage. If you preorder you automatically get in the Beta on the 28th. It looked pretty good. I didn't realize there was a single player story mode with this game. Interesting.
The Alpha was underwhelming but I'm in the PC beta which I think starts a day or two after the XB1. I just wasn't blown away graphically considering all the footage they showed with the XB1 Alpha.

I found the game play decent but nothing was really explained and 10 minutes into the game at the big camp I was set on by griefers which didn't help. I so want this game to be good, but Ubisoft's track record lately has sucked. RS6 Siege is a prime example.

I haven't pre-ordered, I'm waiting to try the beta. My original plan was to get both XB1 and PC. My PC group has pretty much written it off, and I think this game is going to require team play to be fun.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I don't understand Ubisoft's blackmail strategy with the beta: Pre-order, and you get the beta. That's not very smart marketing for a company, like Danimal said, with a mediocre track record for recent releases. Rainbow Six: Siege and Watch Dogs are examples.

The disappearance of demos is the only downside to current-gen gaming compared to the previous generation. Man, EVERY major new release seemingly had a demo on the Xbox 360. There are so few games with demos these days on the XB1. EA Access helps with its 10-hour trials of new titles, but I want more demos.

Take WRC 5, for example. I was on the fence last weekend about buying it. Then the developer dropped a demo, and I was sold after five minutes. Sorry, Twitch streams and game clips do not replace putting my hands on a game and trying it.

If Ubisoft has confidence in The Division as a game and potential franchise, then release an open demo or beta. Hickory Farms sold millions of beef sticks in malls across America in the 1970s and 1980s by putting cute chicks in front of their stores with trays of free samples.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

While I don't disagree with you Pk, honestly it is pretty easy to get in the beta without buying anything if you look or are on enough mail lists. I got my code from Nvidia, could of got one from IGN and someone else. Also The Division Twitter account has been giving away butt loads the last few days. I can't think of many alphas and beta i haven't been invited to without trying. Maybe that is from all my years of freelance writing reviews but I get a lot of them i don't even pay attention to.

Unfortunately with early access making its way onto the XB1 it will kill demos just like Steam has for the PC. Pretty much the only non-multiplayer games that get demos are kickstarters and you're paying for that beta access as well.

Nothing is free anymore :(
Follow Me on:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I'll say this about Rainbow Six: Siege. It's not a dud. You get all 4-5 people communicating properly and it's a heck of a tactical blaster. Sure many may not like the one shot, one kill mentality but it's Rsinbow Six right? A slower pace, definitely more strategic shooter than the current ones, but one intense, satisfying experience when it's played with the right crowd.

Now regarding 'The Division', upon further reading the fine print of the Beta, I certainly hope that I can play it more than just one day (Feb 28th) as it reads in my email. Cause otherwise I could have given the code to any of you Kats as I have a trip tomorrow.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

10spro wrote:I'll say this about Rainbow Six: Siege. It's not a dud. You get all 4-5 people communicating properly and it's a heck of a tactical blaster. Sure many may not like the one shot, one kill mentality but it's Rsinbow Six right? A slower pace, definitely more strategic shooter than the current ones, but one intense, satisfying experience when it's played with the right crowd.

Now regarding 'The Division', upon further reading the fine print of the Beta, I certainly hope that I can play it more than just one day (Feb 28th) as it reads in my email. Cause otherwise I could have given the code to any of you Kats as I have a trip tomorrow.
The XB1 beta starts 1 day early on the 28th. I doubt it's just one day but who knows. As far as RS Siege I thought it was fun but it's not a $60 game, not even a $30 game. IMO that was a free play game.
Follow Me on:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Danimal wrote:
10spro wrote:I'll say this about Rainbow Six: Siege. It's not a dud. You get all 4-5 people communicating properly and it's a heck of a tactical blaster. Sure many may not like the one shot, one kill mentality but it's Rsinbow Six right? A slower pace, definitely more strategic shooter than the current ones, but one intense, satisfying experience when it's played with the right crowd.

The XB1 beta starts 1 day early on the 28th. I doubt it's just one day but who knows. As far as RS Siege I thought it was fun but it's not a $60 game, not even a $30 game. IMO that was a free play game.
For $60 it included the previous two RS games on the 360 which I thought it was fine since I never finished them. Worth it? No. Maybe on release day as a $49-$39 dollar game but RS: Siege will never be offered free. Free is the current crap that MS offers Gold members.

Hope you're right about the Division going further than a day.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

pk500 wrote:I don't understand Ubisoft's blackmail strategy with the beta: Pre-order, and you get the beta. That's not very smart marketing for a company, like Danimal said, with a mediocre track record for recent releases. Rainbow Six: Siege and Watch Dogs are examples.
Gotta hit those preorder goals! Nothing inflates a retailer's day 1 purchase like a bunch of preorders, even if people are just doing it for beta access.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Thank you! This is actually probably my GOTY. It is literally everything that DSP would have DIED FOR like 5-7 years ago. Still surprised it didn't get any attention here.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Spooky wrote:
Thank you! This is actually probably my GOTY. It is literally everything that DSP would have DIED FOR like 5-7 years ago. Still surprised it didn't get any attention here.
Agreed. I tried convincing the Dragons a month ago but Diablo25 is the only dude that enjoys shooters other than moi. Played GTA V with Vader, and XXXIV and it was fun while it lasted. You don't need a huge crowd, with 3-4 DSP'ers this would have been a classic, with everyone playing a different role and character.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

10spro wrote:Agreed. I tried convincing the Dragons a month ago but Diablo25 is the only dude that enjoys shooters other than moi.
Not true. I LOVE shooters. That genre and racing games are the only that keep my interest for more than a few weeks.

But I'm also far more careful with my gaming money, for two reasons. I don't play nearly as much as in the past, and I'm also looking at a five-figure tuition bill starting this September for my daughter's first year in college. Combine that with three kids who also play multiple travel sports, and discretionary income is minimal.

I read the middling reviews of RS6: Siege and also thought the beta was dull, so I passed. But I still love me a good shooter. I play a regular dose of Battlefield 4, Battlefield: Hardline (underrated game) and Star Wars Battlefront. Fire up Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising and Rainbow Six Vegas with backward compatibility on the XB1, too.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

pk500 wrote:
10spro wrote:Agreed. I tried convincing the Dragons a month ago but Diablo25 is the only dude that enjoys shooters other than moi.
Not true. I LOVE shooters. That genre and racing games are the only that keep my interest for more than a few weeks.

But I'm also far more careful with my gaming money, for two reasons. I don't play nearly as much as in the past, and I'm also looking at a five-figure tuition bill starting this September for my daughter's first year in college. Combine that with three kids who also play multiple travel sports, and discretionary income is minimal.

I read the middling reviews of RS6: Siege and also thought the beta was dull, so I passed. But I still love me a good shooter. I play a regular dose of Battlefield 4, Battlefield: Hardline (underrated game) and Star Wars Battlefront. Fire up Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising and Rainbow Six Vegas with backward compatibility on the XB1, too.
All valid explanations. Give Siege a try when you find it on sale. I mentioned only Diablo because he's among 'The Dragons" crew which is what I was specifically referring to above. Hey come join the party!

This was my favorite review on RS: Siege: http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/rainbow ... 0-6416324/

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

James: I'm definitely keeping my eyes out for a good sale on Siege. Shouldn't be long now, as I think the game tanked at retail for Ubisoft.

Thanks!

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

10spro wrote:
Spooky wrote:
Agreed. I tried convincing the Dragons a month ago but Diablo25 is the only dude that enjoys shooters other than moi. Played GTA V with Vader, and XXXIV and it was fun while it lasted. You don't need a huge crowd, with 3-4 DSP'ers this would have been a classic, with everyone playing a different role and character.
Will DSPers ever play a game on XBL other than NHL?
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

That's the million dollar question Pete. Doubtful as we are all getting older and grumpier. I'd like to see the country club resuscitated in golf but the Dragons is just a special phenomena going on for years. It's a bunch of divorced guys playing hockey...I kid. :D :lol: :wink:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Got my pre-load started for The Division beta.

Specifically says XB1 gets a 1 day head start on 1/28 everyone else on 1/29. No mention how long the beta is for. We will have the option to send out invites to people so I'll keep an eye out.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

The PC Beta is a 26 G download. Be prepared XB1 people :D
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:
Spooky wrote:
I remember you asking if I was gonna give R6 a whirl. I just never got it. Had some good times with PK and Teal on BF. Teal needs to get his ass on the XB1 bandwagon. He's a fun dude to play online with :) I've been playing the hell out of Halo 5. I never expected to get into H5 mp as much as I have. It's a very cool experience. I'm loving it.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Diablo25 wrote:I've been playing the hell out of Halo 5. I never expected to get into H5 mp as much as I have. It's a very cool experience. I'm loving it.
You got my attention!

I've been in a complete time sink addiction phase on Madden 16 lately, but Halo 5 is my FPS jam right now. I may suck holy hell at it, but it's also my favorite MP shooter ever. The vibe I get is old Quake Arena.

The campaign is fine. People will complain about the story. That just tells me they were children when they played the earlier games. It's one big dumb space marine tale. The levels are cool and you shoot a lot of aliens with some cool weapons. I really don't care why.

But man, while some are complaining, it feels like they freaking nailed MP perfectly for Halo 5.

I need to put Madden down, so hit me up if you see me online. I'm also hoping to find someone to do some co-op with.

Also, we ought to get a little Draft Champions tourney going now that the Play a Friend mode is going. No, the 4 minute quarters are not sim. But yes, the game is strategic and fun as heck.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Aristo wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:I've been playing the hell out of Halo 5. I never expected to get into H5 mp as much as I have. It's a very cool experience. I'm loving it.
You got my attention!

I've been in a complete time sink addiction phase on Madden 16 lately, but Halo 5 is my FPS jam right now. I may suck holy hell at it, but it's also my favorite MP shooter ever. The vibe I get is old Quake Arena.

The campaign is fine. People will complain about the story. That just tells me they were children when they played the earlier games. It's one big dumb space marine tale. The levels are cool and you shoot a lot of aliens with some cool weapons. I really don't care why.

But man, while some are complaining, it feels like they freaking nailed MP perfectly for Halo 5.

I need to put Madden down, so hit me up if you see me online. I'm also hoping to find someone to do some co-op with.

Also, we ought to get a little Draft Champions tourney going now that the Play a Friend mode is going. No, the 4 minute quarters are not sim. But yes, the game is strategic and fun as heck.
The new Warzone mode is done extremely well. I love the Req system. It keeps the matches fairly balanced. My most played mode is Big Team Arena though. I mess around with the other modes a bit but I prefer the bigger maps of Warzone and Big Team Arena. ALL of the DLC is free also. No season pass, etc. It is easily the most I have ever played Halo. I haven't even played the story and don't know if I will. SWBF and H5 are in heavy rotation right now :)
PSN Name - EPDiablo25