XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by Pete1210 »

I took advantage of the Gamestop trade in deals to upgrade to the XB1 Elite console! I got $250 for my launch XB1 and $100 for a spare xbox 360. So $150 for brand new XB1 with bigger, slightly faster hard drive and the Elite Controller. Plus a free game. Not bad.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Pete1210 wrote:I took advantage of the Gamestop trade in deals to upgrade to the XB1 Elite console! I got $250 for my launch XB1 and $100 for a spare xbox 360. So $150 for brand new XB1 with bigger, slightly faster hard drive and the Elite Controller. Plus a free game. Not bad.
Sweet deal dude!
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Pete1210 wrote:I took advantage of the Gamestop trade in deals to upgrade to the XB1 Elite console! I got $250 for my launch XB1 and $100 for a spare xbox 360. So $150 for brand new XB1 with bigger, slightly faster hard drive and the Elite Controller. Plus a free game. Not bad.
Did you have to trade in the Kinect with the old one? And did I read correctly that the new one doesn't have it? I'm intrigued to consider similar, but want to clarify whether the value is there for me or not.

Thanks.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Did the same thing a couple of weeks ago. I traded in an old 500GB XB1 without a Kinect for $200 toward the Elite bundle. Then Gamestop was having a deal for a free game and a free controller on top of that, so I was pretty excited to get a hold of the Elite controller itself (that thing is a game changer for me), but the extra 1TB XB1 (so now both of my XB1s are 1TB models) was a bonus. I haven't noticed a massive difference in load times like I thought the SSD was supposed to do, but I think their "Hybrid drive" may be the reason there. Haven't looked into it too deeply yet.
Last edited by TCrouch on Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Upgraded from a 500gb to a 1gb Terry? Sounds like a significant downgrade to me. ;)

I really want to get my hands on that elite controller but I'm definitely not jumping through the trade in hoops you guys are. I don't play my XB1 enough to really justify it, but then again when I have used logic to justify my electronic purchases.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Not too long ago I purchased a 1TB external drive for my XBOX ONE so I'm also not jumping through hoops to get the bundle. I've got the elite controller ordered through MS's site with a ship date prior to Nov 30. Hopefully soon I'll get some sort of notification that it's shipped.

The Elite bundle does look nice though for sure.
GT = Wilk5280

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Upgraded from a 500gb to a 1gb Terry? Sounds like a significant downgrade to me. ;)

I really want to get my hands on that elite controller but I'm definitely not jumping through the trade in hoops you guys are. I don't play my XB1 enough to really justify it, but then again when I have used logic to justify my electronic purchases.
Hah...obviously a typo, dick! 1TB. :D

Pretty screwed up that I did it not once, but twice!

And seriously...it's a complete game changer for me. I can't even play the PS4 now because of the adjustment to that elite controller. For Fallout, for example, having A on my right middle finger and B on the ring finger, and X and Y on the left middle and ring fingers, never having to take a thumb off the sticks, it's so much quicker. And the sticks, when you swap the right one out to the 'taller' stick, the precision I get compared to the shorter sticks on any controller, is something I haven't experienced before.

Playing Tomb Raider this weekend, having jump on a middle finger while still using the R stick to look around, and the ability to "grab" things with the other finger, never losing control of the camera, is incredible. I know they've made controllers like this for a while, but apparently I'm one of the Lemmings that didn't care about them until Microsoft showed me what I was missing.

The fact that they finally released the wireless adapter for PC and that it will work on my PC just made it a bonus. Flip the sticks to the tall one on the left and even Project Cars and games that I normally use a wheel with work flawlessly. Ride, that Bike Sim, I was winning races and navigating better than I ever did before. The taller stick lent itself perfectly to a motorcycle sim.

And the stick movement itself is like it's using an extremely smooth....something. No idea what they use in it, but it's incredibly fluid, and it's almost got a rumble-type "pop" when you move it to the edge and let go.

It's just the most impressive, well-built controller I've ever seen. And it instantly made it tough to use other controllers after adjusting to the customization features. Now my "1" slot has hair triggers (where you slide a lock mechanism to make it half pulls are full), and the re-calibrated triggers are quick-fire, for shooters and games like GTA. 2 is for racing, with flipped buttons to make manual with clutch and slower activated sticks and triggers. I've got the stick with a slow build so small adjustments to the stick trigger lower input changes, so you eliminate those wiggles at high speed in a racing game.

I can't even mention the number of ways it's blown me away, but I'll stop while this is just a mini-novel.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

GameSeven wrote:
Did you have to trade in the Kinect with the old one? And did I read correctly that the new one doesn't have it? I'm intrigued to consider similar, but want to clarify whether the value is there for me or not.

Thanks.
You don't have to trade Kinect, just console, one controller, power brick and HDMI cable.

Gamestop just lowered XB1 trade in to $175, but if you have PUR there is a coupon for extra $50.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

FWI, if any of you guys are thinking of trading your 500 GB X1, you may want to try to sell it first on your own, Craigslist etc. I sold mine without the Kinect for $300 two weeks ago. But if there's a very good bundle where they throw a cool game or two with 1TB capacity then try that route.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

TCrouch wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:Upgraded from a 500gb to a 1gb Terry? Sounds like a significant downgrade to me. ;)

Hah...obviously a typo, dick! 1TB. :D

Pretty screwed up that I did it not once, but twice!

And seriously...it's a complete game changer for me. I can't even play the PS4 now because of the adjustment to that elite controller. For Fallout, for example, having A on my right middle finger and B on the ring finger, and X and Y on the left middle and ring fingers, never having to take a thumb off the sticks, it's so much quicker. And the sticks, when you swap the right one out to the 'taller' stick, the precision I get compared to the shorter sticks on any controller, is something I haven't experienced before.

Playing Tomb Raider this weekend, having jump on a middle finger while still using the R stick to look around, and the ability to "grab" things with the other finger, never losing control of the camera, is incredible. I know they've made controllers like this for a while, but apparently I'm one of the Lemmings that didn't care about them until Microsoft showed me what I was missing.

The fact that they finally released the wireless adapter for PC and that it will work on my PC just made it a bonus. Flip the sticks to the tall one on the left and even Project Cars and games that I normally use a wheel with work flawlessly. Ride, that Bike Sim, I was winning races and navigating better than I ever did before. The taller stick lent itself perfectly to a motorcycle sim.

And the stick movement itself is like it's using an extremely smooth....something. No idea what they use in it, but it's incredibly fluid, and it's almost got a rumble-type "pop" when you move it to the edge and let go.

It's just the most impressive, well-built controller I've ever seen. And it instantly made it tough to use other controllers after adjusting to the customization features. Now my "1" slot has hair triggers (where you slide a lock mechanism to make it half pulls are full), and the re-calibrated triggers are quick-fire, for shooters and games like GTA. 2 is for racing, with flipped buttons to make manual with clutch and slower activated sticks and triggers. I've got the stick with a slow build so small adjustments to the stick trigger lower input changes, so you eliminate those wiggles at high speed in a racing game.

I can't even mention the number of ways it's blown me away, but I'll stop while this is just a mini-novel.
I'm totally with you. Not having to take my fingers off the sticks is awesome. Great job by MS.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

i think i'm having an issue w/ my xbo.

I have it on instant on mode.

close down the console at night, then turn it back on after i get home from work. so say around a 18/19 hours in between.

last 2 days, when i turned it on, it went immediately off after the light flickered once on the console. The powerbrick went from white color to yellow.

Restarted it from the long boot and it works.

Anyone else experience this where it turned off instantly after being on in instant on mode?

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Tech Guru's : what does this article mean to the average gamer?

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/son ... -ps4-core/

Does this widen the technological edge PS4 has over XBO?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Inuyasha wrote:Tech Guru's : what does this article mean to the average gamer?

"PS4 players — and end users — won’t see anything different immediately, but this could mean big changes for games still in development. As for Xbox, this is far from the system’s death-knell, "

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

It doesn't mean jack sh*t. Nothing has changed: Pick the console you like and play it.

F*ck, the "console war" crap got old -- in 2005.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

pk500 wrote:

It doesn't mean jack sh*t. Nothing has changed: Pick the console you like and play it.

Amen.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

grtwhtsk wrote:
pk500 wrote:

Amen.
Yep, both systems are solid and are pumping out great games. Get a console and enjoy the ride.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

wtf ppl who is trying to start a console war? I'm just asking. It says in the article XB did the same thing. What does it mean to gamers? will we ever see this enhancement on both consoles soon in the next year or so, or is it like last gen where it'll come at the end of the cycle.

That's all I was trying to ask!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

So Rainbow Six Siege is out today and I don't know a single person who picked it up. I bet even Terry skipped this one.

Here is hoping The Division is a more meaty game.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Danimal wrote:So Rainbow Six Siege is out today and I don't know a single person who picked it up. I bet even Terry skipped this one.

I did. Not bad from what I played so far. Rescuing hostages is cool. Not the best graphics out there, but it kept me interested.

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

Does anyone use the Xbox app on Windows 10? And if so, is it working for you? I haven't been able to use it in days.....
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

pk500 wrote:

This.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Teal wrote:
pk500 wrote:

This.
Yes.

This has always been true.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Danimal wrote:So Rainbow Six Siege is out today and I don't know a single person who picked it up. I bet even Terry skipped this one.

Yep, no interest in it. Anything that's primarily multiplayer, I don't care much about. I didn't even buy Battlefront, and I love me some Star Wars. I barely even knew it came out, but I didn't try the beta or anything else.

Now if the multiplayer is co-op with a campaign (like Destiny, the Division), I can get behind that. I'm also hoping the Division is lights-out, as that's the next one my wife and I are going to tackle together.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

TCrouch wrote: I'm also hoping the Division is lights-out, as that's the next one my wife and I are going to tackle together.
The constant delays have worried me but I'm holding out hope that this is the game to bring DSP Poker nights back. My main online gaming now is done on the PC and that crew has a lot less humor going on.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:
TCrouch wrote: I'm also hoping the Division is lights-out, as that's the next one my wife and I are going to tackle together.
The constant delays have worried me but I'm holding out hope that this is the game to bring DSP Poker nights back. My main online gaming now is done on the PC and that crew has a lot less humor going on.
Maybe that crew is less high. :lol:
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425