PES 2016

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PES 2016

Post by Rodster »

Yeah gameplay wise this definitely plays a better game than FIFA although that's also a solid game as well. I love the CPU AI ball movement up the pitch with mid and long range passes. Your teammates tend to put themselves in a better position in front of the net for opportunistic scores. I find that not always the case with FIFA. I set the AI to pro and they are a handful but it's still a ton of fun.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

This is another reason why I love PES. I was able to download two patches for the PC version. Patch one brings the color and shading of the PS4 version. Patch #2 includes all the major Leagues in Europe and includes, 25+ additional stadiums, kits, boots, stadium adverts as well TV adverts. It one ups FIFA in realism. 8)

Now on the hunt for the PS4 option file.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I may get this today. Found I had $10 in Amazon credit. They can even deliver by tonight. Ps4 version.

Rod- you ever find a good option file site?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Nothing yet for the PS4 but there's tons of stuff for the PC.

Try: pes-patch.com

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

The 'Roster Update' patch is apparently out today for PS4. Finally, more than a MONTH after the game's release.

And....in true Konami fashion....IT DOESN'T INCLUDE TRANSFERS MADE IN THE LAST TWO DAYS OF THE WINDOW!!

LMAO!!

So no Martial at Manchester United, no Yedlin to Sunderland, etc.

It's f$cking brilliant. What an awesome f-you to it's customers.

I was actually holding off on starting a Master League until the roster update patch, this is a f@cking joke. The outdated rosters might have been quaint 10-15 years ago, it's bloody 2015 now.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Macca00 wrote:So no Martial at Manchester United, no Yedlin to Sunderland, etc.
They're both in the PC version with a roster/stadium mod. Hell thanks to the mod I mentioned a few posts up, I have 41 stadiums, all the major/minor European leagues and some Middle Eastern leagues as well. And there's a new mod in the works based on the new Konami update that will make the game even better. :)

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Macca00 wrote:The 'Roster Update' patch is apparently out today for PS4. Finally, more than a MONTH after the game's release.

And....in true Konami fashion....IT DOESN'T INCLUDE TRANSFERS MADE IN THE LAST TWO DAYS OF THE WINDOW!!

LMAO!!

I was actually holding off on starting a Master League until the roster update patch, this is a f@cking joke. The outdated rosters might have been quaint 10-15 years ago, it's bloody 2015 now.
yep, absolute joke. Finally get the gameplay back to where it should be and then all this bs . Then all the do it yourself editing on xbox havnt pulled the trigger on the game. First time ever for me and pes. Only themselves to blame here.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

ordered the game this morning from amazon, got it around 7pm same day, wow!

first impressions : felt like the demo was better than the final product. the demo was very smooth where the full title seems a bit sluggish. i did a lot of different types of games and just couldn't feel it tonight. I want this to be my offline soccer game but it almost felt like I was playing soccers version of NBA Live where FIFA is 2k16. I know it's suppose to be the opposite but what PK and others have described about the PES series is what I'm seeing thus far.

I also spent some time doing the option files for the BPL teams. I guess it was sort of nostalgia going into it since I enjoyed doing those kits/flags in this game back on the PS2. But nowadays, what a pain in the azz. I did all the BPL teams names and logos, but did only like 5 uniforms. The first 2 hours I had the game i didnt even play. I just was doing the option file. Maybe it killed the night for me.

I know the PS4 PES community is doing it's best to get the uniforms right but the top of the line option files are blah. It really shows how having the full licenses goes a long way in the player experience these days. FIFA having everything ready out of the box and pretty exact is a nice luxury for that game.

I'll keep at it. there are some new modes I will try. I guess they even have their own version of FUT now. I think I may just not count this night playing since that option file thing sort of messed the experience up for me. Also I had bought along w/ the game one of those square shaped looking objects that contain pages with words on them that you read. I think they use to call them books. 700+ page book that finally went on sale on Amazon and I was more super excited to start reading it than I was to play PES. Will start the book over the weekend and try to get some more PES in to see if I like it.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Jimmydeicide wrote:
Macca00 wrote:The 'Roster Update' patch is apparently out today for PS4. Finally, more than a MONTH after the game's release.

LMAO!!

yep, absolute joke. Finally get the gameplay back to where it should be and then all this bs . Then all the do it yourself editing on xbox havnt pulled the trigger on the game. First time ever for me and pes. Only themselves to blame here.
I was all over the option file websites tonight. they are working on a Option file for XBO. some dude was selling it where you'll get a save file in the mail with all the kits/logos/etc....

Its still 45 on Amazon for the XBO version. But if you are going to make all the kits/logos manually, then I'd say don't waste your time. Just go with the alternative - FIFA 16.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I've certainly have had a totally different experience with PES. The retail version plays the same as the demo. It's equally as smooth and I find the animations not only smoother but have a more realistic result vs FIFA. In FIFA I see too many abrupt animation switches that look totally unnatural.

Game play wise I can't stop playing PES and haven't bothered too much with FIFA. I still get that me against the world feeling with FIFA where an attacker gets inside the box and I watch my defenders semi brain dead while I try and switch to the appropriate defender.

In PES, I find that my defenders tend to close in on the ball much, much better and make plays to keep it away from the GK. PES seems to play better team ball than FIFA. Another thing I like in PES is that the ball is passed forward up the pitch with a variety of mid and long cross passes as well as the CPU going vertical on you. I still haven't found FIFA doing all of that. In fact post patch the variety of range passing seems to be toned down in FIFA, which is a shame because it's sorely needed in FIFA.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

does the server always keep crashing on ps4? i was interested in doing that MYCLUB mode, but every time the server goes down. i finally got a game in but it crashed at the end and I got credited w a disconnect loss when i was going to win 4-2. i guess they learned that one from EA.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

what game mode are you guys playing? also what camera?

I'm reading that all the rosters are not accurate with the last update. I would like to start a mode with updated rosters so is there a manual way on PS4 to get rosters?

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Rosters are incomplete rather. Default camera is awesome. Playing exhibitions for now and soon would like to start my Master League.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

thanks i'll use the default.

that is totally stupid that the game is been out this long and rosters aren't updated.

I even checked some of the starting rosters and that's even screwed up.

Another thing I'm getting use to is it seems like the Player Size : Field Size ratio is messed up. I love the bigger player models, but there seems like they're too big for the field. It's like I don't have enough field/pitch in the game to work with. Everyone is scrunched together.

Game speed - do you all play on the default?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Radar = off
Camera = fan view
Game speed = -1

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

i went ahead and started UEFA and i'm really feeling the game now.

I fixed my problem w/ the pitch by changing the camera to dynamic wide I think. I can see most of the field now. This made a ton of difference.

I already won lost and drew and they were all legit. I know what you mean now by having a team of 11 in this game while in FIFA it's you vs the world.

I notice the refs are very lineint with the cards so you can take risk more slide tackles in this game vs fifa. Also the regular pass button is very effective. I'm starting to use that instead of lead pass now.

But I've had a good variety of games. I m using Arsenal and in my group I have Bayren who is tuff.

The game on the field looks beautiful especially at night. The close ups are unreal next gen. Just too bad they couldn't make importing the teams easy like last gen.

I also noticed that in the title screen they apologized for the eff'd up roster file. Pretty cool - never seen EA apologize for anything especially when they've stolen plenty of FUT coins from me over the past 4 years.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

One of the many things PES does very well is its defensive man marking. You can take care of your player and watch while your teammates are closing in on their assignments and usually one will break free to help you in support. I don't see this in FIFA where your teammate AI tends to play a more zonal defense. They will typically react when the CPU gets in their radar square or circle which often leads to gaping holes straight at the GK.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

i got all the way to the uefa final w/ arsenal only to lose to Real Madrid.

Few things :

-When I score a goal I literally jump off the couch or scream like I actually scored it. This game make you feel like the goals you score you are actually on the field kicking them in.

-I think I figured out the game somewhat. I'm playing on the regular default difficulty. Since the refs swallow cards on sliding tackles, I've been able to use sliding tackles to take away the ball from the opposition. It sometimes gets too easy. I can slide tackle, get the ball, and have a 1 on 1 or 2/3 on 1 vs the cpu team for a quick goal.

-The goalies in this game are pretty terrible. I can score from right outside the box most of the times when I get a chance.

-Overall the game feels very organic. Other than the goals off the sliding tackle, nothing comes off cheap.

=================

I played FIFA to compare afterwards and It made me play FIFA differently. Which is a good thing. I think I played more with a soccer sense because of PES.

PES makes me appreciate the completeness of FIFA. It is so nice to have real teams, real stadiums, real rosters, real everything.

Heres how I would rate gameplay between the 2 : PES 8 | FIFA 7
Here's how I would rate both games overall if you're on the fence : PES 6 | FIFA 7

PES is not a $59.99 game. I should have waited for it to go down on sale at least $39.99. If you have the time in your life and don't mind spending hours manually importing teams, stadiums, uniforms, everything else that comes out of the box w FIFA, then get PES.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I don't know anyone who would slide tackle their way to victory. That's a game exploit you're using. It's no different than using Real Madrid in FIFA and winning via wing play. As far as difficulty goes, "regular" is low. It's like "amateur" in FIFA. 10spro is playing on legendary and with manual passing and he says it's the closest he's seen any soccer videogame get to the real thing.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Rodster wrote:I don't know anyone who would slide tackle their way to victory. That's a game exploit you're using. It's no different than using Real Madrid in FIFA and winning via wing play. As far as difficulty goes, "regular" is low. It's like "amateur" in FIFA. 10spro is playing on legendary and with manual passing and he says it's the closest he's seen any soccer videogame get to the real thing.
Indeed. When you have all assist off even on the highest difficulty, you have a very satisfying and realistic footie game at 8-9 minutes each half. I never slide tackle, not even in FIFA. Usually people that don't know how to defend properly use that tactic. One thing it may tempt people to do it more on PES, it's the inability from the zebras to call fouls. Just non existent. Along the inconsistency from the goaltenders, it robs some of the shine that the gameplay offers.

The level support must be off too along manual shooting.

Now, don't try playing with assist off from FIFA, you'll be frustrated by the 10 minutes mark.

But with these settings on PES, you can avoid the lags online, not to mention the unrealistic way some dudes explore the game. If you find it too difficult, drop down a level whatever that is, but always take all the assist off the game and take it from there. There's a learning curve, but a very satisfying soccer game in the end.
Last edited by 10spro on Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I use the double tap of the X button on the PS4 controller when tackling and a missed timed tackle has netted me several fouls by the refs. OTOH I rarely see the CPU get called for those. Too bad there are no decent option files yet for the PS4 version as the PC version with a proper option file smokes FIFA in the presentation dept.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I've never used slide tackling in any soccer game but in this game it is too tempting because it works too well. I think sportdan mentioned the same thing earlier in this thread.

I will up the difficulty to the next level. I still enjoy playing the game but some things just make the game a bit frustrating.
Too bad there are no decent option files yet for the PS4 version as the PC version with a proper option file smokes FIFA in the presentation dept.
This.

This is what makes the game from what it should be. I know it's off the field stuff but it makes the game super annoying and a feeling of incomplete.

for example, all the option files I've used, Arsenal's colors are ORANGE instead of Red. The uni's are red, but the banners and everything else is orange! And if you play Chelsea, the primary color isn't blue but freaking gold. I mean WTF! They rebuilt this game for next gen but they made it super difficult to customize. Last gen was 100 x better. Why couldn't they have just copied what they did last gen to this gen. If they knew they won't get all the licenses, they should have made it super easy to customize. Not make people jump thru hoops to get simple things like team colors right.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Rod - thanks for telling me about double tap X. I didn't know the move existed.

That's one of the problems w the game. Konami goes out of its way not to make the game user freindly.

? - is there on the fly strategy like Fifa? Or do you have to always pause the game and go into the game plan menu?

BTw - the menus and game plan Ui are so Ps2 era.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I think there is an on the fly menu because I saw something come up on the screen re strategy but I don't know what button I inadvertently pressed that triggered it.

Edit: It must've been FIFA where I saw the pop up screen. PES appears to have 4 preset strategies you can assign. It's something I won't use because the PES AI is not as brain dead as it is in FIFA.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

We f***ed up, yours truly...Konami's apology letter.

Hi PES Fans,

There has been an issue with the latest Data Pack released October 29th, and we wanted to reach out to our fans to let you know just how we’re dealing with this current situation.

Currently the roster update for offline play which impacts Master League, competitions and edit mode is not complete, missing the final few days of transfers. The online modes, such as ranked matches, myClub and exhibition mode using Live Updates are up to date, as they were from October 2nd – and they remain unaffected.

We’ve received many questions regarding why offline and online are unique, and right now I wanted to explain that the systems being used for online updates are separated from offline due to the process we need to go through, with patch data including lists that needs to be checked internally and externally and may take weeks before the distribution.

The roster issue is a priority for us to correct ASAP, but will take some weeks unfortunately. We had planned a second Data Pack for end of November which was set to include a new stadium for PS4 and Xbox One, the Maracana. However, we will not release this Data Pack without including a fix for the offline roster issue.

Right now we have removed the planned Data Pack from our schedule so we can implement the fix required. We will then go through the process to get it out as soon as possible. We’ll update the fans on our official social channels as soon as we have information on this.

The extra time needed will also be used to add more content into the game that wasn’t planned at this stage, such as new kits and boots, as well as any other content the time allows. We’ll provide a list of extra content once set. We appreciate this doesn’t suddenly make this situation better, but we do want to show desire to make good on the situation for the fans.

We also want to take the opportunity to sincerely apologise to those fans affected by this issue. It’s frustrating for the fans, and for the team making the game. We assure everyone that we have learnt from this situation, and confirm designs to improve situations like these are currently being considered for future products.

Thanks for your continued support, and sorry once again,

PES Team