Any DS Lite retail deals out there?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

F*cking Soda Shake...I enjoy that one as well, but it is so freaking dumb though.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

pk500 wrote:<b>President</b> (had no clue how much fun this card game is -- never heard of it. Probably my favorite card game so far.)

I'm pretty sure "President" is actually more commonly known as "Asshole," a classic drinking game. :)

Kazuya
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Kazuya »

Darts has emerged as my favorite game, even though I've played it so much I'm starting to venture into automatic bullseye territory. Still, nothing not playing for a couple of weeks won't cure. Darts online is a hoot.
"Whatever, I don't know why you even play yourself to that degree,
you laugh at me?" - Del

"Said the whisper to the secret..." - King's X

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

Are you guys playing the DS outside your houses?

I always felt that as an adult, I would look kinda childish playing a DS. Specially since the 1st game I would buy is Mario Kart and probably one of the Mario platformers they have on the system.

Not that it would prevent me from buying one, just asking.

For some reason, I don't feel that way when I take out my PSP in public, like in a train or waiting in line in a doctor's office or similar situations.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I play my DS on the subway, though I have to admit, I feel a little self-conscious when I do so. Usually I get motion-sickness before that becomes a problem though...

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

jLp vAkEr0 wrote:Are you guys playing the DS outside your houses?

I always felt that as an adult, I would look kinda childish playing a DS. Specially since the 1st game I would buy is Mario Kart and probably one of the Mario platformers they have on the system.

For some reason, I don't feel that way when I take out my PSP in public, likel in a train or waiting in line in a doctor's office or similar situations.
I don't understand the difference, Javi: They're both handheld gaming systems. If anything, the DS Lite looks more conventional to non-gamers because it uses a stylus, which many PDA's also use.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Naples39 wrote:
pk500 wrote:<b>President</b> (had no clue how much fun this card game is -- never heard of it. Probably my favorite card game so far.)

I'm pretty sure "President" is actually more commonly known as "Asshole," a classic drinking game. :)
Never played cards for beer. Monopoly and backgammon, hell yes. Quarters, of course.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

dp

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

pk500 wrote:
jLp vAkEr0 wrote:Are you guys playing the DS outside your houses?

For some reason, I don't feel that way when I take out my PSP in public, likel in a train or waiting in line in a doctor's office or similar situations.
I don't understand the difference, Javi: They're both handheld gaming systems. If anything, the DS Lite looks more conventional to non-gamers because it uses a stylus, which many PDA's also use.

Take care,
PK
Well maybe it's the fact that the PSP looks more like a tech gadget while the DS looks like, well like a GBA on steroids. PI was just asking, like I said earlier, it wouldn't affect my decision about buying it... Ok, maybe just a bit. :lol:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

jLp vAkEr0 wrote:Well maybe it's the fact that the PSP looks more like a tech gadget while the DS looks like, well like a GBA on steroids. PI was just asking, like I said earlier, it wouldn't affect my decision about buying it... Ok, maybe just a bit. :lol:
Well, the average non-gamer doesn't have a clue what a GBA is, let alone looks like, so I don't think they'd look at you like some inferior gamer or geek because you're playing a DS Lite.

The average gamer who has tried a DS Lite probably liked it and would think you're having a good time with your unit. So no worries.

Plus, who gives a f*ck what others think of your fun? Seriously! If you're having fun and not bothering them, they can take their opinion and cornhole themselves raw with it. :)

Take care,
PK

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I personally think a DS Lite looks more acceptable to most people on the subway and such than a PSP. Anytime I talk to a nongamer about DS Lite they ask "is that the thing that looks like an ipod?"

TRI
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by TRI »

I bought a Nindendo DS Lite recently and although the graphics are not that great, it has fun games. The touch screen really is nice and it allows new controls not possible with the buttons. Hopefully the Wii will also be a pleasant surprise.

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

What da' heck.

I went out and bought a DS lite tonight.

I only got Super Mario Bros and it's pretty good. Couldn't find a copy of Mario Kart.

I was going to buy one of those Brain games but didn't know wich one to get. :?

The system feels pretty solid, and it looks great.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Javi:

You must get Clubhouse Games. It's very, VERY fun with 42 different games.

I got Brain Age and True Swing Golf for the whopping total of $10 tonight at Best Buy.

Bought Brain Age, True Swing Golf and Clubhouse Games as part of the Buy Two, Get One Free Touch Generations deal this week at Best Buy. The cashier mistakenly removed Clubhouse Games -- a $29.99 game -- from the sale. She was supposed to remove either True Swing or Brain Age, which are $19.99 each, as the lowest-priced game is the free one.

So I pay $40 for three games. Then I take my receipt from Wal-Mart, where I got my DS Lite and Clubhouse Games last week, back to Wal-Mart. I return the unopened copy of Clubhouse Games that I got tonight at Best Buy and get a $30 refund.

Bottom line: Brain Age and True Swing Golf, for a grand total of $10.

As the tag line in BBC's great show "Hustle" says, "The con is on." :)

Take care,
PK

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

So I pay $40 for three games. Then I take my receipt from Wal-Mart, where I got my DS Lite and Clubhouse Games last week, back to Wal-Mart. I return the unopened copy of Clubhouse Games that I got tonight at Best Buy and get a $30 refund.
You have no idea how badly i want to comment.......but i'm not going to. :wink:

Gamecocks625
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Gamecocks625 »

pk500 wrote:Javi:

I got Brain Age and True Swing Golf for the whopping total of $10 tonight at Best Buy.

Take care,
PK
How is True Swing Golf? I'm curious.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

RallyMonkey wrote:
Feel free. I ripped off no one.

Best Buy's cashier f*cked up. It's not my responsibility to tell her how to run the machine. They should be trained properly and know which games to deduct from the sale price.

Wal-Mart received brand-new, unopened product upon which it can simply affix a price sticker and sell today. And it will, since it's Clubhouse Games. Wal-Mart loses no money out of this deal.

Best Buy lost $10 due to its employee's ineptitude, Wal-Mart lost nothing, I was the big winner.

I like that equation.

Take care,
PK
Last edited by pk500 on Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Gamecocks625 wrote:
pk500 wrote:Javi:

Take care,
PK
How is True Swing Golf? I'm curious.
I'll let you know. Still in cellophane. Returned home last night around 10 p.m., watched election results until 11 p.m., and then watched "Friday Night Lights" and the Oilers' game on the DVR.

Take care,
PK

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

pk500 wrote:
RallyMonkey wrote:
Feel free. I ripped off no one.
I really don't see a problem with it!

Hell, you guys have sold me on the concept. I have plenty of stores like Circuit City, Best Buy, Target, etc. to find deals and at least 10 Wal-Marts within reasonable driving distance to return items. I'll spread it out not to draw suspicion and hit each store once every 6 months or so. Maybe I'll even bring my mom and in-laws to help. I'm not going to limit myself to $30 video games though. I'm looking for bigger ticket items like TVs. Between the money I save on this and music downloads I'll finally have the capital to invest in that pyramid scheme at work! :lol:

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I wasn't a big fan of True Swing and I quickly sold it. The concept is good but it was still too easy to hit it straight. For $5 you can't go wrong though.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

That's funny, but who lost money here other than Best Buy due to its employee's incompetence?

Let's review:

1. Wal-Mart refunded me full price for an item it sold me last week. It has an unopened version of that item to put on its shelves today.

2. Best Buy offered a 3-for-2 deal this week. I didn't steal the third game. The cashier made a $10 mistake when ringing up the ticket. Best Buy's mistake, not mine. She properly charged me $20 each for the other two games, Brain Age and True Swing.

And you honestly would have told the cashier, "Oh, no, wait, you're supposed to deduct the $20 game, not the $30 one."

If so, then Bill Bennett has some new, younger competition as the moral compass of our nation. Congratulations.

Take care,
PK

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Leebo33 wrote:I wasn't a big fan of True Swing and I quickly sold it. The concept is good but it was still too easy to hit it straight. For $5 you can't go wrong though.
Yeah, if it sucks, I'll resell it for $15 as part of my global pyramid scheme. ;)

By the way, if you get an e-mail today from a Nigerian nobleman seeking immediate funds for the impoverished of his nation, that's me, too. :)

Take care,
PK

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

pk500 wrote:And you honestly would have told the cashier, "Oh, no, wait, you're supposed to deduct the $20 game, not the $30 one."
Absolutely not. What part of "I really don't see a problem with it!" didn't you understand? :D

I will say, however, that I always tell cashiers if they fail to scan one of my items or if they give me back incorrect change in my favor. There are a lot of scan errors *against* me as studies have found so I generally rationalize those away as a "wash" in the long run.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Leebo33 wrote:
pk500 wrote:And you honestly would have told the cashier, "Oh, no, wait, you're supposed to deduct the $20 game, not the $30 one."
Absolutely not. What part of "I really don't see a problem with it!" didn't you understand? :D
Sorry. I thought you were being sarcastic considering the ethical high ground you have staked on these "schemes" in the past.

Take care,
PK

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

pk500 wrote:Sorry. I thought you were being sarcastic considering the ethical high ground you have staked on these "schemes" in the past.
I've just been offering a differing opinion on those schemes. I know people may disagree or be offended, but that is certainly not my intent. I will keep those thoughts to myself from now on.