OT: F1 2006 Strategy Game

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

CrazyPsycho
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by CrazyPsycho »

Hey guys, since I don't have an XBOX anymore, I don't get a chance to race with you. I'll take one of the Torro's if you can't get anyone else. I've got plenty of free time to whip you guys. :D

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Seriously, I'm out. Don't upset the entire apple cart. You guys have picked your teams and are underway -- carry on.

That's the last I'm going to post about it. Don't want to -- and didn't mean to -- create a scene.

Have fun!

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

Glenn Duraski is my buddy from work, he's not a DSPer yet.
2319!

Gamertag: "Gurantsu"

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

OK PK, i can play that game.

If PK's out, I'm out too. Good luck guys!

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

I'm not joining the exodus because I can't really be arsed with that kind of thing at this time of night. All I'll say is this:

PK, you were one of the first men in, it takes about 5 minutes to run the practice session which is as far as we've got, anyone who really can't live without their set-up can sign in and write their settings down for the new game, and the posters so far are unanimous in our intention to restart with you in a Williams so get in there, there's a good chap.

Ta very much.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

Zeppo wrote:If PK's out, I'm out too. Good luck guys!
Zep, WTF? Team Corporate Whore President Alexi Lalas is pissed at you. Just because I was faster in the first session...
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

pk500 wrote:You guys have picked your teams and are underway -- carry on.
I don't think we were underway. All we had done was play around running practice laps and tinker with setups.

sfz_T-car
DSP-Funk All-Star*
DSP-Funk All-Star*

Post by sfz_T-car »

Why don't we do one full race weekend as a dry run and then do a restart. That way everybody can get an idea of the qualifying and race day procedures and options.

I learned some stuff in the 7 lap practice that I'd do differently next time out. I'm sure there would similar experiences during the race itself.

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

Sounds like a plan. Alternatively, if PK doesn't mind racing under the Simpson banner I can PM him the username and password for my Williams and join Midland under my middle name or something like that. Not really bothered whether I race as Adam, Felix, Derek or Suzanne.

Edit: You can, in fact, edit the account details so that it's Paul Kelly and not Adam Simpson, and then sub in your email address for mine, tinker with your helmet design and that's all you'd need to change. Car's even set up to some degree, just dick around with the strategy.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Oh, for f*ck's sake, this is getting stupid. Just give me f*cking Toro Rosso and be done with it.

F*ckingly yours,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

pk500 wrote:Oh, for f*ck's sake, this is getting stupid. Just give me f*cking Toro Rosso and be done with it.

F*ckingly yours,
PK
:D :D NEGATIVE

I think it's actually easier to start a new season and go from there than anything else.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

This is the first time a DSP thread has given me a headache. Mostly self-induced, but for f*ck's sake, where are the Goody's Headache Powders?

I'll probably be on XBL within 90 minutes to race TOCA 3 if anyone wants to yell at me or help me race off the brain pain.

Take care,
PK

ProvoAnC
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ProvoAnC »

Simo...thnx dude and I thought you were Paul so I'm sure I called you a homo or some class of gayblade in the team chat. :wink:

Well, I shoulda read the 3rd page. I thought Simo was PK so that's why I picked Williams...I thought he was using a pseudo-name. I really don't care what team I'm on, but it sounds like we're doing a re-start anyways. Just keep us posted on what happens so we can adjust cause I don't care. I think its a cool little game
Last edited by ProvoAnC on Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have a new gamertag Provo 4569

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

pk500 wrote:This is the first time a DSP thread has given me a headache. Mostly self-induced, but for f*ck's sake, where are the Goody's Headache Powders?
PK, this guy can find the Goody's for you.

xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Dave:

I have a box right in front of me in my office. Other than penicillin and Protonix (which has stopped my acid reflux disease), Goody's Headache Powders are the best legal drugs ever invented by man.

:)

Take care,
PK

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

You all have PMs with links and passwords. Let me know if you have any questions and thanks for your patience. Remeber the motto from the website:

A daily 5-minute webgame for petrolheads to play from the office or home!

(** The admin can pause the game if we need to take breaks to accomodate work schedules, vacations, sporting events, etc. **)

Ok, as a reminder, here are the teams as agreed upon so far. We have one open slot left with Toro Rosso.

Honda Racing
mixdj1
Gurantsu

Red Bull Racing
Zeppo
Dave

Williams F1 Cosworth
pk500
ProvoAnC

Super Aguri F1
sfz_T-car
DChaps

Panasonic Toyota Racing
Glenn Duraski (not sure of DSP name)
Luis Giron (not sure of DSP name)

BMW Sauber
fsquid
Jared

Midland F1
Gangrel
GB_Simo

Scuderia Toro Rosso
CrazyPsycho
Open

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Sorry I didn't race last night, boys. Fell asleep early. Long week of work and a nasty cold.

Take care,
PK

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

ahahaha, bow down to the mighty power of Midland! Best in practice baby!

(I hope they don't notice only 4 others have done laps... ;)

This reminds me of a Grand Prix Manager game years ago from Microprose. Anyone play it? Is there any modern equivalent?
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

CrazyPsycho
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by CrazyPsycho »

This reminds me of a Grand Prix Manager game years ago from Microprose. Anyone play it? Is there any modern equivalent?
Man, I played the crap out of that game. I think I still have it on CD somewhere. I always loved how it modeled F1 in the car changes after each season, so you were always adjusting.

Looks like there were three iterations, the last being Grand Prix World, released in 2000. It seems there are patches to make it more current. Must withold the urge.

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

EA had a management game out that I think is a little bit more recent than the Microprose ones, F1 Manager, but it wasn't what you'd call in-depth. At the other end of things, Formula One Championship Manager has been in development for an eternity and is still in the Alpha phase, so I wouldn't put money on a release any time soon. Or at all, frankly. Those curious should make their way here:

http://www.f1cm.co.uk/

As a point of interest, the hot setup I had for the Williams has a rather colder feel to it when applied to a Midland. That's a nice touch, albeit a nice touch that's got me slower than Gangrel to the tune of 1.1 seconds. Race you to ChampCar, Don.

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

Ah, Sim, it's just my natural ability at driving..... ;)

Maybe I get a bonus because i'm the "leader" and get better equipment? Or do they simulate traffic conditions? In honesty I was lapping a second slower then that until my very last lap of practice, so I'm not sure what happened.......
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

emelki
Mario Mendoza

Post by emelki »

DChaps wrote:
sfz_T-car wrote:I'm OK w/ a mulligan.

Consider it a winter test session. But the factory should take note I was 1.3 sec quicker than my teammate. :)
I may be getting sacked pretty quick. Looks like I am on my way to Champcar.

Ok so here is the re-do since Simo so graciously has given up his seat at Williams to Juan Pablo (provo) and moved over to Midland.

Honda Racing
mixdj1
Gurantsu

Red Bull Racing
Zeppo
Dave

Williams F1 Cosworth
pk500
ProvoAnC

Super Aguri F1
sfz_T-car
DChaps

Panasonic Toyota Racing
Glenn Duraski (not sure of DSP name)
Luis Giron (not sure of DSP name)

BMW Sauber
fsquid
Jared

Midland F1
Gangrel
GB_Simo

Scuderia Toro Rosso
Open
Open

I don't know how the team leader thing works, but if you want to be the team leader, you need to be the first to pick the team, so work it amongst yourselves if you want. There are two slots left, or we could go as is. Like I said I will PM everyone the link and password so I need to know the DSP forum names of the Toyota team. One is emelki, but I don't know which one. Thanks!

Arni, you want in on this?
That Luis Giron is me...emelki. :)

Alex
Like always...I apologize for my English. :(

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

My favorite of the F1 Management games of Grand Prix World. There is a patch out that will let it run flawlessly on Windows XP (without it it can be flukey). I have a season going over lunch at work, as the Jordan team.

Very cool game, and can be had pretty cheap I think on Ebay. I don't know if it's on Underdogs or not (it's a pretty old game).

By the way, lets get PK all signed up and start the season! I'm not as fast this time around, but I'll get ya's in the race!
2319!

Gamertag: "Gurantsu"

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

So when's qualifying for this bad boy?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I just signed in. I'll get started tonight. Sorry for the delay.

Take care,
PK