XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by 10spro »

Pete1210 wrote:Anyone else get in the Evolve alpha for XB1?
This is one of those games that kept my attention during E3. In fact I have it preordered even though the game doesn't come out until next year. I have to look into my email clog again as I am pretty sure that they gave me like 3 codes for the Alpha that starts tomorrow until the weekend.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

10spro wrote:
This is one of those games that kept my attention during E3. In fact I have it preordered even though the game doesn't come out until next year. I have to look into my email clog again as I am pretty sure that they gave me like 3 codes for the Alpha that starts tomorrow until the weekend.
I'm in! Very much looking forward to this one.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Share Play on the PS4 is getting a lot of love, when it works properly. Tjung, if you have any time over the next few days, I'd like to try out your NHL 15! :) I understand we would be able to play against one another.

I've since moved my 60" plasma from the basement to a spare bedroom (den/man cave) and have the PS4 and Wii U set up in there. So much nicer not having to go down to the cold, dark basement. Plus, I'm more apt to game at night rather than my lazy butt climbing two flights of stairs. And I'm loving using the Sony Gold headset for gaming and Netflix. The room is right next to my daughter's and it's not a distraction.

However, I'm now limited to a standalone blu-ray player in the family room. Therefore, the Xbox One would be a nice addition.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

As you all may imagine, this game is right up my alley with its core asymmetrical vs multiplayer. I signed up but haven't seen anything indicating I'm in the beta, and even if I am these days I have no time for gaming. But I do hope when the full release arrives, I will be playing with you guys.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I just did the Polygon thing for the Alpha, I'm pretty sure I'm in but we will see. I went PC version though.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Alright, so I found my other codes for Evolved Alpha. If you're interested send me a PM.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Spooky wrote:
10spro wrote:
I'm in! Very much looking forward to this one.
I'm in!

I'm not sure what it is that makes me want to play this, but it looks great.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I have a question for those of you that have the external HD for X1. I currently have a WD 1TB hooked up via USB 2.0. When I go to settings it reads it as a USB stick external for pictures, music and video. So I wanted to transfer/copy some of my games to the external HD but when I go to the games and click on 'Manage games" the option to copy is not there. Does the external HD HAVE be USB 3.0 compatible in order for the games to be transferred?

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

10spro wrote:I have a question for those of you that have the external HD for X1. I currently have a WD 1TB hooked up via USB 2.0. When I go to settings it reads it as a USB stick external for pictures, music and video. So I wanted to transfer/copy some of my games to the external HD but when I go to the games and click on 'Manage games" the option to copy is not there. Does the external HD HAVE be USB 3.0 compatible in order for the games to be transferred?
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/ ... ne-storage
How do I set up external storage?

When you connect a compatible external storage drive, Xbox One will walk you through setting it up to store games and apps.

The basic requirements for storing games and apps on an external drive are:

Has capacity of 256 GB or more
Uses USB 3.0.
Devices that don’t meet the above requirements will be treated as media storage, such as for music or video. If you have a storage device that does meet the above requirements for game and app storage, you can cancel the format to use it as a media device.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Aristo wrote:
10spro wrote:I have a question for those of you that have the external HD for X1. I currently have a WD 1TB hooked up via USB 2.0. When I go to settings it reads it as a USB stick external for pictures, music and video. So I wanted to transfer/copy some of my games to the external HD but when I go to the games and click on 'Manage games" the option to copy is not there. Does the external HD HAVE be USB 3.0 compatible in order for the games to be transferred?
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/ ... ne-storage
How do I set up external storage?

When you connect a compatible external storage drive, Xbox One will walk you through setting it up to store games and apps.

The basic requirements for storing games and apps on an external drive are:

Has capacity of 256 GB or more
Uses USB 3.0.
Devices that don’t meet the above requirements will be treated as media storage, such as for music or video. If you have a storage device that does meet the above requirements for game and app storage, you can cancel the format to use it as a media device.
Thanks, looks like I'll have to invest in a USB 3.0 model then. MS should come out with a TB model sometimes next year.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Well, the CoD is a 1 TB model, but they are charging a $100 premium. You can get a 1 TB drive for $60, or a 2 TB drive for $90. And they are small enough to be easy to tuck away.

Last edited by Aristo on Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

10spro wrote: Thanks, looks like I'll have to invest in a USB 3.0 model then. MS should come out with a TB model sometimes next year.
MS is releasing next month the Advanced Warfare bundle and it includes a 1TB HDD. It's priced at $449 but may drop to $399. I'm kinda interested in it as the controller and console has the AW color theme.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

I have this 7200 rpm external drive saved on my amazon wishlist for when I run out of space, read that it is pretty good for use with the Xbone: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IVFDQFM
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

vader29 wrote:I have this 7200 rpm external drive saved on my amazon wishlist for when I run out of space, read that it is pretty good for use with the Xbone: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IVFDQFM
That's similar to what I just started using, except in black. Sunset Overdrive put me over the limit. I moved BF4 (59GBs with DLC) to see whether load speeds off the external drive are faster. They are.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

vader29 wrote:I have this 7200 rpm external drive saved on my amazon wishlist for when I run out of space, read that it is pretty good for use with the Xbone: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IVFDQFM
I've been using that drive for about a month. Perfect.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

I have an extra code for the Evolve alpha on XB1. Send PM if you want it.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

RobVarak wrote:
I've been using that drive for about a month. Perfect.

My path has been paved when I eventually own more than my now thanks to LotF three games. Thanks boys.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Aristo wrote:I've seen reports of people getting the new price when going to Best Buy. YMMV
I went into BB yesterday and they would't sell it for the discounted price. However, the lady said I could purchase it at that time and then bring my receipt in on Sunday and get refunded the difference. I thought heck yeah, why not and made the purchase. So, after she rings me up she comments to me that all I need to do now is bring the console back Sunday, return it, and then buy another for the cheaper price. I about flipped my lid right there and was pissed. I felt like an idiot, but immediately walked over to the customer service desk and returned it on the spot.

I'll have the AC bundle on Sunday from Amazon instead, plus tax free. I just really like the looks of the white console. meh
GT = Wilk5280

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Probably a dumb question - but does anyone know how to find the download for the Evolve Alpha? I know it's not live until 9am PST today, but I assumed I would be able to at least see a link in the dashboard. Maybe it will just show up on the main page once it's live, but I've had to hunt around for things that should be obvious before...

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Spooky wrote:Probably a dumb question - but does anyone know how to find the download for the Evolve Alpha? I know it's not live until 9am PST today, but I assumed I would be able to at least see a link in the dashboard. Maybe it will just show up on the main page once it's live, but I've had to hunt around for things that should be obvious before...
You have an alpha code? My email says you redeem the code to download the alpha. I still have an extra code if you need it.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Go to the store and use the Redeem a Code tile. Once you enter it, it just begins downloading.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Aristo wrote:Go to the store and use the Redeem a Code tile. Once you enter it, it just begins downloading.
That's what I needed to know - thank you!

And yes Pete, I have a code.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Amazon collects sales taxes now, don't they?

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

wco81 wrote:Amazon collects sales taxes now, don't they?
Only in 23 States: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/ ... eId=468512
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Put your PS4 in "Rest Mode" aka RIP Mode at your own risk. I put my PS4 in rest mode and the sucker would not turn on or off. The orange light would just flash. I had to kill the power and then it went back into rest mode. Arrgh :twisted:

It seems to be a recurring problem with the latest 2.0 FW release. Here's how to get out of rest mode.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2014/10/ ... _200_issue