The Golf Club 2019

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The Golf Club 2019

Post by Danimal »

I rage quit after my 7th putt on #14 rolled back down the hill past me, then rolled forward to come back to my original position. This is TGC 2 after the patch, what a waste game was damn good on release with just one minor problem , so disappointed.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

10spro wrote: Are you saying people will be rage quitting this weekend John? 8) I find the accuracy on my flops shots somewhat misleading. If I am on the sand trap at 70% or less deep in the sand, I should lose some yardage yet it seems that the ball carries a bit further than what the conditions warns you to be in that particular case.

From the rough it simply just sails on me, again hard to judge the distance with the default clubs that you’re given so it’s all about feel and correct tempo. In most cases I am at fast/slow with flops shots.
Yeah, I was close to rage quitting on the 4th hole. Heck, I'd done the exact same thing in my first round ever at Atlantic Inn on that hole. You'd think I'd learn a lesson from history! Pitch shots are my biggest weakness in the game, but flop shots aren't far behind.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:I rage quit after my 7th putt on #14 rolled back down the hill past me, then rolled forward to come back to my original position. This is TGC 2 after the patch, what a waste game was damn good on release with just one minor problem , so disappointed.
The 'missed putt that rolls back to your feet' is too common in this game, IMO. Atlantic has some extreme slopes in some of the greens... I can tolerate them to a point, as long as they don't punish a putt that had a chance of going in by sending it back to where it came from after a miss.

HBS is working on a patch right now, but I don't know if addressing issues like this are going to be a part of it.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Ridiculous pin placement on #14, as the ball rolled twice on me, triple there, doubled at #16 with the same BS roll back, it feels as if you’re playing a pinball machine in some holes instead of the greens.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

10spro wrote:Ridiculous pin placement on #14, as the ball rolled twice on me, triple there, doubled at #16 with the same BS roll back, it feels as if you’re playing a pinball machine in some holes instead of the greens.
I'm going to report these conditions on 14 and 16 to JW if he hasn't been advised of them already. It's uncommon to see something like that in a course he releases that's not tagged "beta". I believe he designs on XBox One, if I'm not mistaken.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

10spro wrote:Ridiculous pin placement on #14, as the ball rolled twice on me, triple there, doubled at #16 with the same BS roll back, it feels as if you’re playing a pinball machine in some holes instead of the greens.
After my first 4 putts rolled back to me, my next stopped 2 feet short of the hole and I thought I was good until it rolled back again. I eventually had to hit it by the hole to get it to stop.
Follow Me on:

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Issues with the greens this weekend aside, I still find our Society the most fun/relaxing experience on the XBox. I've recently started the TGC Tours, but the experience falls a little flat for me with all the ridiculous scoring. I may just drop it all-together.

Also, after trying Master clubs for a few weeks, I'm back to Pro. The inability to dial-in tempo on anything other than my driver was ruining the experience for me. So thanks for keeping this society going and for giving me something to look forward to just about every day... except when I binge play the weekend rounds. :)

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The pin placements on the infamous holes that was mentioned, were more honest to be fair from the second round on. Tried hard to make up for the ridiculous bounces from the first couple of rounds, but I see Vader and John fought valiantly those greens and had little problems. Enjoyed the experience on this course overall, just wished I could restart the whole round one again.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

John, if you can include Huntley Park Golf club in the near future maybe as a weekender it would be nice. Just saw some videos of the course, narrow fairways with lots of vegetation, one of those courses that makes you think twice about club selection I believe.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

10spro wrote:The pin placements on the infamous holes that was mentioned, were more honest to be fair from the second round on. Tried hard to make up for the ridiculous bounces from the first couple of rounds, but I see Vader and John fought valiantly those greens and had little problems. Enjoyed the experience on this course overall, just wished I could restart the whole round one again.
Even though I shot a +13 in round one I was determined to play that course one more time. I actually birdied 14 and was -3 going into the last par 3 which is 17 I believe. I hit the green on the right side, it rolled down into the rough and I ran into the same problem on my chip shot with the ball rolling back. Ended up with a triple bogey and Even in round 2.
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
10spro wrote:The pin placements on the infamous holes that was mentioned, were more honest to be fair from the second round on. Tried hard to make up for the ridiculous bounces from the first couple of rounds, but I see Vader and John fought valiantly those greens and had little problems. Enjoyed the experience on this course overall, just wished I could restart the whole round one again.
Even though I shot a +13 in round one I was determined to play that course one more time. I actually birdied 14 and was -3 going into the last par 3 which is 17 I believe. I hit the green on the right side, it rolled down into the rough and I ran into the same problem on my chip shot with the ball rolling back. Ended up with a triple bogey and Even in round 2.
You did better than me playing 17 in round 4. I hit between the trap and the green and was 10 yards from the pin, in the heavy rough. An LW, a SW, and then a PW chip all wound up rolling right back to the same spot. I finally three putted from 12 feet for a quintuple bogey.

Yes, this course has a few rough spots which if they were ironed out would make a it a better experience.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

10spro wrote:John, if you can include Huntley Park Golf club in the near future maybe as a weekender it would be nice. Just saw some videos of the course, narrow fairways with lots of vegetation, one of those courses that makes you think twice about club selection I believe.
I'll set it up for next weekend's 72 holer James. Thanks for the suggestion!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'm really frustrated, while I was never great at this game when it launched I could routinely shoot under par, might only be -1 to -4 range but I could do it.

Now I feel like everything is harder. Seldom do I get perfect shots anymore on any club. My path is never straight and my tempo on the follow though is often slow or very slow, even when i feel like I'm doing the exact same thing.

Putting was intuitive at launch it didn't feel like TGC 2 where a missed out would result in a 10 footer coming back, now it feels like TGC 2 but worse for me. Breaks on greens seem to be more excessive then are being displayed on the green grid, again didn't feel that at launch.

They totally made hitting from the sand and rough a major penalty again which it wasn't at launch. The wind at launch maybe didn't effect shots as much as it should of and now a 50 yard pitch shot can be blown off course several yards, which I assure you is not possible IRL.

You guys keep trucking along with now problems though. Me, before even if I wasn't competing I was at least enjoying myself. Now I'm not having fun, it went from a fun video golf game to a barely recognizable difference between this and the last version. I realize they are catering to their fans on the forums but this is likely my last purchase of their product because it seems even if they make changes they don't have the backbone to stick with them.
Follow Me on:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Danimal wrote:You guys keep trucking along with now problems though. Me, before even if I wasn't competing I was at least enjoying myself. Now I'm not having fun, it went from a fun video golf game to a barely recognizable difference between this and the last version. I realize they are catering to their fans on the forums but this is likely my last purchase of their product because it seems even if they make changes they don't have the backbone to stick with them.
Keep playing man, keep practicing. Personally I thought I was struggling badly for the past week until yesterday where everything went well. Even on drives where I can manage a perfect/perfect swing I see that the ball flight is not quite straight leaning towards a slight fade. But the ball path is not straight at all. If I catch an unlucky bounce in the fairway it can easily bounce into the sidelines rough. My short game has been on and off as well, i don't seem to get a good feel with the distance but the putting is what saving me lately.

And if my dog doesn't jump at me on crucial swings I would play better too. :)

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

I was about ready to shelf the game a couple of weeks ago, something is definitely wrong with the tempo with the pro clubs, haven't tried the tour clubs, feels like it is completely random whether or not I would get a fast or slow tempo swing. Switched to the beginner clubs and can control when I want to get a slow or fast swing or perfect-perfect just about every time, the driving distance hasn't been a hindrance either with the beginner clubs as with the wind and roll I can drive it 280-300 yards or more a good bit of the time. So unless a future patch changes the random tempo with the higher clubs I will be sticking with the beginner clubs, otherwise it just wasn't fun playing it anymore.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

vader29 wrote:I was about ready to shelf the game a couple of weeks ago, something is definitely wrong with the tempo with the pro clubs, haven't tried the tour clubs, feels like it is completely random whether or not I would get a fast or slow tempo swing. Switched to the beginner clubs and can control when I want to get a slow or fast swing or perfect-perfect just about every time, the driving distance hasn't been a hindrance either with the beginner clubs as with the wind and roll I can drive it 280-300 yards or more a good bit of the time. So unless a future patch changes the random tempo with the higher clubs I will be sticking with the beginner clubs, otherwise it just wasn't fun playing it anymore.
I never even thought to try this, I just assumed the distances would be bad, like I would be hitting a 7 iron in from 140. I'll give this a try, thanks Vader.
Follow Me on:

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

Danimal wrote:
vader29 wrote:I was about ready to shelf the game a couple of weeks ago, something is definitely wrong with the tempo with the pro clubs, haven't tried the tour clubs, feels like it is completely random whether or not I would get a fast or slow tempo swing. Switched to the beginner clubs and can control when I want to get a slow or fast swing or perfect-perfect just about every time, the driving distance hasn't been a hindrance either with the beginner clubs as with the wind and roll I can drive it 280-300 yards or more a good bit of the time. So unless a future patch changes the random tempo with the higher clubs I will be sticking with the beginner clubs, otherwise it just wasn't fun playing it anymore.
I never even thought to try this, I just assumed the distances would be bad, like I would be hitting a 7 iron in from 140. I'll give this a try, thanks Vader.
What about the roll out on the green with approach shots? I found in TGC2 with the beginner clubs that they had little to no spin on the greens resulting in the ball rolling about 30 to 40 feet past the hole (or worse, off the green). :(

Are they checking up more with beginner clubs in TGC2019 after the recent server patch?

-MERACE

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

How funny! With your recent dominating scores, I had assumed you moved up to Master and were killing us with distance!!

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
How funny! With your recent dominating scores, I had assumed you moved up to Master and were killing us with distance!!
Been having really good luck putting lately. Hit for show, putt for dough! :)
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Vader you saved the game for me and I shot a -5 in the first round today. Of course in the 2nd round with 75% of the holes into the wind I wasn't as lucky.

Thanks, I throwing some darts at the greens too. Yay!
Follow Me on:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Vader, you’re a wimp. :lol: :lol: :wink:

But kidding aside, on Pro clubs as I was saying earlier, even on perfect tempos my ball path doesn’t seem to be straight.

I am loving the current weekend course despite my struggles. It may lack the crowd, where the heck is it, but with the narrow fairways and massive trees it surely makes you think twice about the club selection. Tactics and course management is key. The wind definitely makes it more challenging for sure but I love playing courses like this one, add some atmosphere and it’s golden.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

10spro wrote:Vader, you’re a wimp. :lol: :lol: :wink:

But kidding aside, on Pro clubs as I was saying earlier, even on perfect tempos my ball path doesn’t seem to be straight.

I am loving the current weekend course despite my struggles. It may lack the crowd, where the heck is it, but with the narrow fairways and massive trees it surely makes you think twice about the club selection. Tactics and course management is key. The wind definitely makes it more challenging for sure but I love playing courses like this one, add some atmosphere and it’s golden.
Taking a cue from Vader, I tried the Beginner clubs. I ended up with -34 or -35 for the tournament. I feel like I cheated. 8O Do we have any sort of ruling on this or is using Beginner Clubs ok? They really do seem to be quite an advantage...

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

In my view, if it helps your game, then go ahead and do it. Personally, I like to mirror the overall scores with real life after four rounds and take it from there. I am playing the Pros club even though I know it’s quite a challenge at times to keep your shots straight after achieving a perfect tempo. Pitching now is even unpredictable.

At the end of the day it’s what works for you. Nice shooting Lead.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Leadfoot5 wrote: Taking a cue from Vader, I tried the Beginner clubs. I ended up with -34 or -35 for the tournament. I feel like I cheated. 8O Do we have any sort of ruling on this or is using Beginner Clubs ok? They really do seem to be quite an advantage...
I shot -3 for the tournament so its not that big of advantage. If you're already shooting -7 or -8 a round with Pro clubs then why switch? I used Pro clubs until Vader said something and before the patches I didn't have as many problems as I do now so they clearly did something. With beginner clubs I can't reach most par 5's in 2 so I think shooting -35 is damn impressive, that's averaging -8+ per round.

Maybe that is why you see crazy scores on that WGC Tours or whatever it is called. The good players are using beginner clubs?

I'll do whatever you guys want but I can shoot better scores in real life then I can with the Pro clubs in this game.
Follow Me on:

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

I am going to continue using beginner clubs at least until the next patch because something definitely got changed in their last patch as I would get maybe one or two off tempo swings per round with the pro clubs and post patch it happens on almost every hole. Haven't played any of the ghost player of the guys that are shooting -15 per round in the official open society, TGC2 I played with a couple of the top players ghosts and the feedback meter showed them doing some kind of 180 degree cheese swing that would always go straight, this years game doesn't show the feedback of other players so won't be able to tell if that is still a problem or not.