OT: Android Tablet Thread

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: OT: Android Tablet Thread

Post by JackB1 »

Rodster wrote:
JackB1 wrote:didn't like Glow Hockey that much. The paddle control wasn't as smooth as it is with other air hockey games.
What paddle control? 8O :)

The one I played had you swiping the puck across the screen with your finger.
That's what I mean. The movement is a little sluggish with your finger I thought.
Maybe it's my fingers that are sluggish??? :)

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

JackB1 wrote:
Rodster wrote:
JackB1 wrote:didn't like Glow Hockey that much. The paddle control wasn't as smooth as it is with other air hockey games.
What paddle control? 8O :)

The one I played had you swiping the puck across the screen with your finger.
That's what I mean. The movement is a little sluggish with your finger I thought.
Maybe it's my fingers that are sluggish??? :)
Maybe it's the Tablet :wink:

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

dbdynsty25 wrote:The new software update for the 10.1 is actually quite good. A few new enhancements to usability and a completely basses redesign of the browser make it worthwhile. Its a little more cartoony compared to stock honeycomb and the sci-fi look but overall not bad. Hopefully it doesn't slow down the updates like touchwizz does on Samsungs smartphone offerings. Time will tell.
How do I get touchwizz to work, like get the weather and what not to display?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

MizzouRah wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:The new software update for the 10.1 is actually quite good. A few new enhancements to usability and a completely basses redesign of the browser make it worthwhile. Its a little more cartoony compared to stock honeycomb and the sci-fi look but overall not bad. Hopefully it doesn't slow down the updates like touchwizz does on Samsungs smartphone offerings. Time will tell.
How do I get touchwizz to work, like get the weather and what not to display?
I had to do a full erase, no biggie nothing important saved. My Tablet got real SLOOOOOW. Once I performed the full erase I got the weather and few other things to show up on my main desktop. Love the new dock.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

The weather thing is just a widget. Long press on the screen and you'll get a menu for that stuff. The rest of touchwiz, the new browser, the quick links at the bottom of the screen, the toggle widgets in the system tray...all are automatic.

Rod likely got his automatically because he factory restored his...and that'll be default from the factory from now on.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

DB I used the tablet to check for an update, it found it and that's how I did the update. Like I said my Tablet got real slow so after the update I just did a factory reset.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:DB I used the tablet to check for an update, it found it and that's how I did the update.
Umm...that's how it's supposed to work. My point is...the weather widget doesn't show up automatically for those of us who updated that way and just left our tablet as is. You have to add the weather, email, gallery, etc. widgets yourself when you do this. You however, factory reset your device w/ the new software on it, thus you get it how you'd get it from the factory with those weather and other widgets included as part of the original software installation.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Gotta it thanks.

Is this the stop gap to 3.2? I thought there was going to be a 3.2 update like the Xoom got?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:Gotta it thanks.

Is this the stop gap to 3.2? I thought there was going to be a 3.2 update like the Xoom got?
It's not a stop gap...it's just a firmware update to add software features that Samsung didn't get finished in time for release. 3.2 will hit eventually.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Rodster wrote: Maybe it's the Tablet :wink:
Nah......there are other air hockey games that are smooth

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

dbdynsty25 wrote:The weather thing is just a widget. Long press on the screen and you'll get a menu for that stuff. The rest of touchwiz, the new browser, the quick links at the bottom of the screen, the toggle widgets in the system tray...all are automatic.

Rod likely got his automatically because he factory restored his...and that'll be default from the factory from now on.
Thank you!

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

Here's a question for those with tablets and Honeycomb I thought of this morning. Is there a way to have separate accounts, a la Windows on the tablet?

I haven't heard anything, but thought someone might know who's used them.

I was thinking this morning that if I got a tablet, of course I'd have to share it with the wife. (booooooo) So I was wondering if there was a way to have each of us set up with the way we like the homescreens, the gmail accounts, etc, or if it would have to be shared across the board, with us manually signing in to our mail, facebook, etc accounts?
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I'll have to try it later but I believe so as you can create/add accounts.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

OK I tried it and you don't have a separate login screen and the desktop is the same. All you have are just multiple accounts you can sync.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Facebok (friend me) has your accounts separate, you just touch the account you want to log into, same with email.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Yeah...you can't have separate accounts really unless the app supports it. A lot do...but the tablet and market are only associated with one Google account which could be an issue.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Yeah...you can't have separate accounts really unless the app supports it. A lot do...but the tablet and market are only associated with one Google account which could be an issue.
Too bad they don't have a logoff button. One thing I didn't try was creating a non-google account to see if the Tablet would let me switch between both.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Do you guys notice a slow down after awhile? After i'm downloading apps, opening them etc if I try and move a shortcut it's not very smooth almost like a videogame that's suffering from framerate issues. Even if I clear memory via task manager or close running tasks it doesn't help. The only thing that helps is restarting the Tablet.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I saw a bit of slowness last night, that latest update did get rid of those "force close" error messages I was having.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

MizzouRah wrote:I saw a bit of slowness last night, that latest update did get rid of those "force close" error messages I was having.
Thanks for confirming the slowdown and yeah I forgot to mention NO more force close. DB hasn't mentioned any slowdowns so I assume he must be overclocking his Tab. :)

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:I saw a bit of slowness last night, that latest update did get rid of those "force close" error messages I was having.
Thanks for confirming the slowdown and yeah I forgot to mention NO more force close. DB hasn't mentioned any slowdowns so I assume he must be overclocking his Tab. :)
Mine doesn't slow down so nnot sure what you are doing or what software you installed that is causing it. Must just be you. Lol. Rookies.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Yes we're rookies dammit and proud of it. :)

The slow down is where if you try and move icons to a different place on the screen they move real sluggish and slow. Overall the Tablet gets bogged down until I do a reboot. It happened right after I did a system update and it's happened again after the update.

What do I have on my system? Aldiko book reader, Kindle, Angry Birds, Tunein, and a few other games.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

How often are you moving icons around? Who cares really if that's the only time you are doing it.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

http://www.corning.com/news_center/news ... 72002.aspx

So does the 10.1 use Gorilla Glass?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

LOL someone copied the Smartcover design. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Smart-Cover-Case-Fo ... 3720879214