HB Studios Next-Gen golf game: The Golf Club

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: HB Studios Next-Gen golf game: The Golf Club

Post by DivotMaker »

10spro wrote:Vader, check your PM. I suggest next weekend’s tournament to be changed to something more challenging. Pretty sure everyone has played Yuma by now and it is indeed a walk in the park. Any suggestions for a course?

By the way, great job setting up the tournaments to match the PGA.
Bicho de Sete Cabeças and El Pistolero (tour) are playing this week in the TGC Tours lineup substituting for the real course in Mexico.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

DivotMaker wrote:
10spro wrote:Vader, check your PM. I suggest next weekend’s tournament to be changed to something more challenging. Pretty sure everyone has played Yuma by now and it is indeed a walk in the park. Any suggestions for a course?

By the way, great job setting up the tournaments to match the PGA.
Bicho de Sete Cabeças and El Pistolero (tour) are playing this week in the TGC Tours lineup substituting for the real course in Mexico.
El Pistolero was enjoyable over the weekend when I played in the Open for All society. Haven’t tried the other one yet.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Changed weekend tourney to El Pistolero. Wouldn’t let me search for the Bicho course as it said the name was caught by their profanity filter, EA needs their filter for the trashy team and player names in the EASHL.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

vader29 wrote:Changed weekend tourney to El Pistolero. Wouldn’t let me search for the Bicho course as it said the name was caught by their profanity filter, EA needs their filter for the trashy team and player names in the EASHL.
NO kidding. 8) Thanks for the change.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.p ... #msg282068

Official TGC announcements beginning today.....where the game and franchise goes from here....

Best news so far.....they are no longer handcuffed by Maximum Games.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Here you go boys.....

http://www.thegolfclub2019.com/

Amazing what happens when you take the publisher (Maximum Games) handcuffs off and get back to controlling your own destiny.....

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Nice improvements. Like the fact that they will go digital again, an improved career mode is welcomed and who wouldn’t like a game of skins among friends? Are we looking about a year from now for the new release?

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

10spro wrote:Nice improvements. Like the fact that they will go digital again, an improved career mode is welcomed and who wouldn’t like a game of skins among friends? Are we looking about a year from now for the new release?
Fall of this year. :D
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Thinking out loud here fellas....should we consider starting a The Golf Club 2019 thread to not get confused in this one?

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

El Pistolero weekend tourney results, nice second round score John.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

vader29 wrote:El Pistolero weekend tourney results, nice second round score John.

Congrats JC and everyone on a great showing!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

vader29 wrote:El Pistolero weekend tourney results, nice second round score John.

Thanks Mark, but you were your own worst enemy in the final two rounds; you hit a number of approaches that wound up in similar spots on the green and I owe you tuition for all of your putts I went to school on. There were at least a half dozen that I don't think I'd have made if I had seen what happened to your putt. I should defer to James also, I made and eagle putt and two birdies off of insight I gained from watching his putts. Even in ghost mode play with turn base play off, you can still learn a lot from watching telemetry.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

DivotMaker wrote:
Congrats JC and everyone on a great showing!
Thanks Tim, that second round I was "on far" with the putter as my IRL playing companions says :) We lost a couple of the field after the second round and I hope it wasn't because I put that ridiculous looking score up there :wink:

Really though, an asterisk needs to be put beside my name for this tournament win... one that says "Player clubs" I'd gotten so wild in the previous two months that I'd been beaten down from playing out of the heavy rough. I'm having to lay up on a couple of par 5's per round now, and while it's a bit discouraging to see my ghost playing companions up ahead putting for eagle, while I'm hitting a 40 pitch for my third, my scoring is better overall when hitting from the fairway.

I'm about to try Tour clubs again as I feel like I may have gotten some of my technique and confidence back from using Player clubs.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Thanks Mark, but you were your own worst enemy in the final two rounds; you hit a number of approaches that wound up in similar spots on the green and I owe you tuition for all of your putts I went to school on. There were at least a half dozen that I don't think I'd have made if I had seen what happened to your putt. I should defer to James also, I made and eagle putt and two birdies off of insight I gained from watching his putts. Even in ghost mode play with turn base play off, you can still learn a lot from watching telemetry.
I wasn't really expecting to do as good as I did as the Pistolero 2 day tourney in the official society I finished -2 and then played one round of the Tour version and finished +2 on it.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Having played Innisbrook a number times in real life I can tell you the greens are not that hard or fast. Maybe it is because of my familiarity with the course but I think that is a bad recreation in general.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Danimal wrote:Having played Innisbrook a number times in real life I can tell you the greens are not that hard or fast. Maybe it is because of my familiarity with the course but I think that is a bad recreation in general.
I think most of the fast greens in this game are too fast, hope the 2019 version tones them down. I only played the first round last night and the wind was driving me crazy, saw 21mph on one hole, hopefully the next 3 rounds won't be that bad.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

vader29 wrote:
Danimal wrote:Having played Innisbrook a number times in real life I can tell you the greens are not that hard or fast. Maybe it is because of my familiarity with the course but I think that is a bad recreation in general.
I think most of the fast greens in this game are too fast, hope the 2019 version tones them down. I only played the first round last night and the wind was driving me crazy, saw 21mph on one hole, hopefully the next 3 rounds won't be that bad.
Yep, I didn't comment on the wind it was crazy. I was in birdie position on holes 1 and 2 and took a triple and double bogey. Some of that had to do with my dog jumping in my lap and the rest was the crazy greens. I had a 7 foot putt that was downhill 2 inches, I barely touched it and had a 35 footer coming back.

Innisbrook is one of my favorite venues for a golf trip so I'm probably being too picky with the course recreation.
Follow Me on:

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

vader29 wrote:
The designer has plans to slow the greens down in TGC 2019......

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

DivotMaker wrote:
vader29 wrote:
Do they have plans to tie course conditions into set up and not course creation?
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

TGC1 had a better feel when putting the ball. I'm basically playing that over TGC2.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Danimal wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:
Do they have plans to tie course conditions into set up and not course creation?
Not sure yet.

Sure hope there is some give and take on that issue. Got to have some differentiation from round to round other than pin positions.

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

DivotMaker wrote:
vader29 wrote:
I surer hope so. The course is well done except for the greens.

I will no longer play firm/fast settings as they are too exaggerated in this game. Especially when many of the cups don't have a 3 foot flat radius around the cup. :roll:

-MERACE

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Valspar? More like the 4-putt Classic. :evil:
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

RobVarak wrote:Valspar? More like the 4-putt Classic. :evil:
More like 5-putt classic... I pulled that off on the 17th hole; but at least it was from 52 feet :) The hole was 1 foot below me on my birdie putt. I set the targeting pole to 32 feet and aimed for it. The ball rolled, and rolled, and rolled, 25 feet past the hole and off the front of the green, through the fringe and into the fairway. My second "putt" was actually a chip, which I put 13 feet beyond the hole. I missed that putt and went 10 feet beyond the hole, after setting the aiming pole 6 feet short of the hole. Missed that one and made the 2 footer for a triple bogey, after "putting" for a birdie.

I'm lucky I got that far, as I almost rage quit on 7 and 13. My dog left the room 4 times during my round, after my outbursts, and didn't come back after the fourth. If I finish this tournament, it will be a miracle, as it has rage quit potential written all over it. It's shame because the course looks great, but these greens are beyond anything resembling terrestrial physics!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I lost count of the number of times I hit the hole and it spun out on that course. Not only spinning out but then rolling 7-10 feet.

I pretty much stopped caring when I had a 9 footer, barely hit it and it went 49 feet. There is no way on God's green earth that I have every blown a putt by the hole 40 feet IRL. This tournament almost killed any interest in continuing to play.
Follow Me on: