Tiger Woods 14 thread, part II

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Re: Tiger Woods 14 thread, part II

Post by ddtrane »

Leebo33 wrote:. It would probably be smart to go to a 2 year purchase cycle given my limited play time.
I find more truth in this statement than any made so far, I wish this game was only available every other year. The TW dev team is small, there's over 40 courses in the game, just set it up so a Career could be played for more than one season. I really enjoy this game but I'm not in love with the idea that I'll have to repurchase the additional courses again.

On the other hand, I'm enjoying the demo and spraying it all over the place. It's tough but fair, my only question is, do I have to replicate the same 5 to 11 swing that tiger has? When I have, I still can't find the fairway.
gamertag: ddtrane65

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I'm not sure what to think of this game. On the one hand, there are gameplay improvements in that chipping and putting isn't as touchy, and I don't think I'll be hitting 80-90% of fairways like last year, but at the same time it feels underwhelming.

I'll probably play the crap out of the season ticket weekend pass and see how I feel.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

When is the ST anyway?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

Danimal wrote:When is the ST anyway?
I'm guessing the morning of Friday 3/22. They usually go live the Friday before.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

ddtrane wrote:
Danimal wrote:When is the ST anyway?
I'm guessing the morning of Friday 3/22. They usually go live the Friday before.
Affirmative, 3/22 around 6:00 PM, if I recall correctly.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

The worst part about reading any Tiger Woods thread on this site is DivotMaker's comments...He is just an apologist for EA Sports in this forum all the time. It just feels like he is always protecting the game.
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

In before lock.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

He is a tad defensive.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:In before lock.
I didn't mean to cause trouble...

I am usually on here keeping my voice shut while playing with you guys on occasion online.
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

In before lock!
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Zlax45 wrote:The worst part about reading any Tiger Woods thread on this site is DivotMaker's comments...He is just an apologist for EA Sports in this forum all the time. It just feels like he is always protecting the game.
That's okay....yeah blast me for offering another side to some opinions posted here that aren't based in fact. You won't have to worry about me ruining this thread any longer. I have had my fill of trying to support this forum with TW news and getting blasted for it. Hope you guys enjoy TW14.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Zlax45 wrote:The worst part about reading any Tiger Woods thread on this site is DivotMaker's comments...He is just an apologist for EA Sports in this forum all the time. It just feels like he is always protecting the game.

This is a bunch of stupid, childish bullshit. Grow up a little and knock this idiotic sh*t off. It serves no purpose, helps nothing, and just makes you look like a jackass.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

We are NOT making this thread a referendum on DivotMaker's positions, opinions, etc. This is a thread about the game, not him.

Anything more about him, or any users, in this thread --> instant ban.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Wow it never fails. Every year we go thru the same argument about Divot. He has never swayed me either way whether to buy or not to buy a TW product. I have always found his information helpful and not once did I ever get the impression he was out to convince me or anyone else whether to buy the game.

- smh :?

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

10spro wrote:......Now, here's something that I am a bit concerned and it happened a couple of times already. The demo froze on me twice in about one hour of play. :evil:
Anyone else experienced this in the demo?

I can't tell you how many times my chance at posting on the weekly tournaments was killed off by the freeze bug. Even after we implemented the 2 tries limit.

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

The more I play this demo the more I want this game. At first I couldn't even hit the fairways, but practice makes perfect and my shots are getting much better. The Simulation setting requires much thought and preparation before execution, I wonder if real gof requires this much mental energy.

On the other hand, Divot, keep doing what you do. I thinks it's great that someone from the dev team has a presence here and keeps us informed on the progress. Now if we could get someone from the NHL team.......

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

DChaps wrote:
10spro wrote:......Now, here's something that I am a bit concerned and it happened a couple of times already. The demo froze on me twice in about one hour of play. :evil:
Anyone else experienced this in the demo?

I can't tell you how many times my chance at posting on the weekly tournaments was killed off by the freeze bug. Even after we implemented the 2 tries limit.
I haven't played the demo enough to get a freeze with it, but they never fixed the freezing problem with 13, I just had a freeze with it the other night, so I wouldn't be surprised if this years game has the same unfortunate problems.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

The demo has frozen two or three times on me.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Preordered the historic edition from Amazon today.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

Diablo25 wrote:Preordered the historic edition from Amazon today.
I did the exact same thing yesterday. I'm relatively new to Amazon, are they pretty reliable with their shipping dates? The reason I ask is because the order says it will be here on the 26th, the day it comes out? How is this even possible? But if it shows up on release day I won't complain and just enjoy it.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

ddtrane wrote:
I did the exact same thing yesterday. I'm relatively new to Amazon, are they pretty reliable with their shipping dates? The reason I ask is because the order says it will be here on the 26th, the day it comes out? How is this even possible? But if it shows up on release day I won't complain and just enjoy it.
Extremely reliable. I have pre-ordered a ton of games from them and they all arrive on the release date. If they have to ship it friday to get it to you by tuesday, they'll do it. Clearly they get games before the actual street date, just like any other retailer.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Most places have games in several days if not a week before release. Back before the ridiculous release date and the big orange do not sell before stickers you could buy games wheneverr a place had them.

I will never understand the release date policy but it must be karma because with everything available by download on next gen the retail stores are going to take a beating
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
ddtrane wrote:
Extremely reliable. I have pre-ordered a ton of games from them and they all arrive on the release date. If they have to ship it friday to get it to you by tuesday, they'll do it. Clearly they get games before the actual street date, just like any other retailer.
Thanks, that's good to know. I may just get my games there from now on.

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

Danimal wrote:Most places have games in several days if not a week before release. Back before the ridiculous release date and the big orange do not sell before stickers you could buy games wheneverr a place had them.

I will never understand the release date policy but it must be karma because with everything available by download on next gen the retail stores are going to take a beating
I agree with you on that. It's a place here in Baltimore where I've purchased the game the Thursday before street date, the only thing is, they will only take cash and will not issue a receipt, the only thing wrong is if your copy is defective you have to wait till street date and buy/swap somewhere else.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

I finally played the demo last night. In just a couple hours had 3 freezes. Ridiculous. I will not be buying this game. How this freeze issue is not the first thing mentioned in every review I have no idea. With TW13 there was nothing more frustrating than being on the back nine and then getting a freeze. It seemed like it happened more frequently to me than anyone else, but it clearly is a real issue and I can't believe it still exists. Oh well... if only there was a good recent PC golf sim to play. It's sad how much the golf genre has fallen apart since 2005.
Last edited by DChaps on Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.