PES 2016

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PES 2016

Post by Rodster »

Gamespot gave it a 9 and wrapped up its review by saying "PES 2016 represents the best game in the series since the PlayStation 2 era.".

They also said that their AI sets a new benchmark and that the ML borrows some ideas from Football Manager.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I like the new commentary team. Presentation wise, they are not going to touch EA, and neither in the visual department for that matter. But if a realistic gameplay of footie is what you want, playing the game at -1 with all assist off gives you such a good experience. You will have to adjust of course to the newer settings without any effect assists on but once you get there, the gameplay is top notch.

There's no ping pong effect and it just feels like the old PES games.

The difference between the top dog teams and lesser ones are quite obvious as the AI is smarter. There's more crossing too something that was missing last year. To see Robben in the wings and all of the sudden pull a quick move in order to accommodate his left preferred foot for a cross is wonderful to watch.

Got the PS4 version, just bring on the option files, really looking forward this year to the Master league.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Is there an option to make the control setting same as fifa?

Also read on os that there is no true option file on ps4. It's just logos and you have yo manually edit them on the game. Same with team names.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Inuyasha wrote:Is there an option to make the control setting same as fifa?

Also read on os that there is no true option file on ps4. It's just logos and you have yo manually edit them on the game. Same with team names.
You can customize the controls, settings to anything you want. The game just came out today, I am pretty sure the OF will eventually be created in the next couple of weeks.

Now, the only time the refs calls for fouls is when you slide tackle, that one area it can be improved along some dumb dives by the goalkeepers.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

10spro - Have you played online yet? I'd really appreciate some feedback if you have.

Thanks.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

FifaInspected wrote:10spro - Have you played online yet? I'd really appreciate some feedback if you have.

Thanks.
Not yet, so many games in my library to catch up with and FIFA being available last night on Access. Will get there eventually this weekend.

I've seen some EPL kits and badges available for the PS4 already.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Is there any word on PC v console?

I would rather play on PC for mod-ability, although it is confirmed that the games are not the same. I've seen a graphics comparison and PC is definitely weaker, but that's not a deal breaker for me. Real question is gameplay compare, and I see no info on that.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Are Liverpool licensed? being in Europa and all. Spurs?

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Jimmydeicide wrote:Are Liverpool licensed? being in Europa and all. Spurs?
I don't think so, but the community is great at work with some cool EPL kits and badges including managers and players ready to download for 16.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Played some more of the demo and I definitely prefer it to Fifa this year. Never modded the ps4 before so we will see how those mods were here soon once I actually buy the game.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

option file diy :

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

does anyone know where the hell i can find this game on sale? All the retail stores say it's back ordered. Best Buy keeps pushing the date every week. Did they just not produce enough copies of this game?

I did see gamestop had it but it was open case. Guy told me it was still going to be full price if I decided to buy AN OPEN CASE GAME! F Gamestop. that is why I don't shop there.

But anyone know where I can find this on the west coast?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Inuyasha wrote:does anyone know where the hell i can find this game on sale? All the retail stores say it's back ordered. Best Buy keeps pushing the date every week. Did they just not produce enough copies of this game?

I did see gamestop had it but it was open case. Guy told me it was still going to be full price if I decided to buy AN OPEN CASE GAME! F Gamestop. that is why I don't shop there.

This is the reason I haven't sent back my gamefly rental. Can't get the damn thing anywhere if I decide I want to keep it. No idea what happened with their production of it.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:does anyone know where the hell i can find this game on sale? All the retail stores say it's back ordered. Best Buy keeps pushing the date every week. Did they just not produce enough copies of this game?

This is the reason I haven't sent back my gamefly rental. Can't get the damn thing anywhere if I decide I want to keep it. No idea what happened with their production of it.
I couldn't find it anywhere either and now I'm not even bothered so that's on them, on top of all that i was surprised when sportdan said he was able to rent it from his library 8O

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

The game is currently available at all the usual online retailers. It's not hard to find.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Rodster wrote:The game is currently available at all the usual online retailers. It's not hard to find.
Regular walk in Store. Get your fat arse off the computer chair.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Maybe it's in stores in other parts of the country but not where I live. Amazon I tried a few days ago but it said it wasn't in stock.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Inuyasha wrote:Maybe it's in stores in other parts of the country but not where I live. Amazon I tried a few days ago but it said it wasn't in stock.
Amazon price matched Walmart @ $53.99 and its been that price for the last month. I'm still waiting for a better deal as I still play the demo and the PC version.

EDIT: I snagged a brand new copy from a 3rd party seller on Amazon for under $50

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Anyone come across a good option file with the EPL for PC and PS4? I tried an option file from pes-patch.com for the PC and it was a waste of time.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Rodster wrote:Anyone come across a good option file with the EPL for PC and PS4? I tried an option file from pes-patch.com for the PC and it was a waste of time.
Try PES Universe.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

10spro wrote:
Rodster wrote:Anyone come across a good option file with the EPL for PC and PS4? I tried an option file from pes-patch.com for the PC and it was a waste of time.
Try PES Universe.
Is there a particular option file you like?

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Rodster wrote:
10spro wrote:
Try PES Universe.
Is there a particular option file you like?
I only have the PS4 version and if I remember well there's an in depth kit for the EPL. Still waiting for the latest roster from Konami (pathetic from them to take this long) and then will DL the rest of the kits. Want to get the Master league going.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

There's a lot to like about PES, but in the end I'm content with FIFA 16. Not to mention, my son much prefers FIFA, so we have our battles against one another.

The good:

Both games have an organic feeling, but PES does feel quite a bit better.

I'm more impressed with the visuals and default camera settings. The players seem bigger, which is nice.

The goals definitely feel earned more in PES.

The A.I. does a nice job of knowing when to build up a possession and when to try and go over the top.

In many cases, it feels like you're playing against another human, as the CPU will really play the possession game.

There are an infinite number of animations, including many from the goalie.

There are so many goal variations.

The bad:

PK said it best with regards to the defense. You can build your possession, but once you get to around the 20, the CPU puts up this wall that makes it near impossible (for an average player) to get a good shot on goal.

The A.I. seems to be overly aggressive when defending. I rarely have limited space to create and get by the defender. Most often, I'm passing the ball quickly between players.

I'm seeing yellow cards called, but some of the aggressive take downs not being called leave me scratching my head. The game feels quite a bit like playground soccer with it's aggressiveness.

Many times, my only hope of getting possession of the ball back is by sliding tackles. Because I don't fear getting a foul called, I'm a man possessed!

Goalies don't seem as intelligent as they should, or as quick reacting.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I own both and still prefer PES over FIFA. In FIFA it's still, you against the world whereas in PES it projects a better team play model. That said, both titles are solid this year and as complex as these games are to make during a 12 month window, bugs are expected.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Amazon is currently selling the Xbox One version for $46.