FIFA 15

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: FIFA 15

Post by Diablo25 »

XXXIV wrote:Kudos to those that create the impossible.
:lol:
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I thought the demos would be out for the consoles tomorrow as well.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

How about some demo impressions Xbox One people?

ZXLT
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by ZXLT »

Early reports on OS suggest there are plenty of fouls and free kicks, which is music to my ears.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Yeah, I liked that I actually got some free kicks, rather than just getting fouls called on me for being too aggressive.

Otherwise, it really looked and played like FIFA 14, which is a good thing. I had hoped we might see a big jump in graphics, but I'm not sure I saw it.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

sportdan30 wrote:How about some demo impressions Xbox One people?
First impression is that any changes must be incredibly subtle. Plays very much like 14. Tackle animations seem tweaked so that it's a bigger risk to lunge or slide. Fouls seem a little touchier. Presentation looks slicker. Not a hell of a lot jumps out after a couple games.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Very nice presentation. When you advance with your player at low speed his steps and turns do seem more precise while at higher speed you seem to have better controls and movement. Goalies had some great new animations on saves and I did noticed some fouls being called. The crowd chants are improved and the new jerseys in.

Tight gameplay, you won't be disappointed.

Boca, Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Dortmund, Napoli, PSG, and Barca are represented.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Got to play a few games of the demo after getting in some Destiny.

Right off I noticed a difference in the weight or momentum of the players. If you let off the stick, your player keeps going, taking a few steps to come to a stop. Not sure if that is in last years version, but if it was it feels totally different to me in 15.

Saw new jostling/tugging animations. I also saw a lot more fouls by the CPU...was great.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I don't mean to threadjack the FIFA thread but the other day I got a chance to play Winning Eleven 8 on the PS2 and boy what a great game it still is to this day. There is player weight, ratings all factored in. The back line does what it's supposed to do on defense. When you attack or counterattack your midfield and fowards move up and stay in position for a potential score. An average striker is bordeline useless and typically misses borderline attempts while a premier striker is just deadly on a breakaway or in the box.

Why can't we have the AI in WE7/8 with FIFA graphics and presentation? :mad:

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

No PS4 demo yet? I don't see it
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

tjung0831 wrote:No PS4 demo yet? I don't see it
Comes out tomorrow.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:Very nice presentation. When you advance with your player at low speed his steps and turns do seem more precise while at higher speed you seem to have better controls and movement. Goalies had some great new animations on saves and I did noticed some fouls being called. The crowd chants are improved and the new jerseys in.

Tight gameplay, you won't be disappointed.

Boca, Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Dortmund, Napoli, PSG, and Barca are represented.
Downloading now.

This could be the game that ends my two week long EA new game boycott. :P

and off to a fast start...

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Rodster wrote:I don't mean to threadjack the FIFA thread but the other day I got a chance to play Winning Eleven 8 on the PS2 and boy what a great game it still is to this day. There is player weight, ratings all factored in. The back line does what it's supposed to do on defense. When you attack or counterattack your midfield and fowards move up and stay in position for a potential score. An average striker is bordeline useless and typically misses borderline attempts while a premier striker is just deadly on a breakaway or in the box.

Agree 100%. I still have WE9 and play it every now and then on my 360 as it's backwards compatible. Accodring to Konami they are returning to their WE roots with PES 15. I'm not holding my breath but we will find out soon enough.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

FifaInspected wrote:
Rodster wrote:I don't mean to threadjack the FIFA thread but the other day I got a chance to play Winning Eleven 8 on the PS2 and boy what a great game it still is to this day. There is player weight, ratings all factored in. The back line does what it's supposed to do on defense. When you attack or counterattack your midfield and fowards move up and stay in position for a potential score. An average striker is bordeline useless and typically misses borderline attempts while a premier striker is just deadly on a breakaway or in the box.

Agree 100%. I still have WE9 and play it every now and then on my 360 as it's backwards compatible. Accodring to Konami they are returning to their WE roots with PES 15. I'm not holding my breath but we will find out soon enough.
If you look at the FIFA 15 Youtube video posted above your comment you get to see why EA's FIFA is so frustrating to play. It looks and sounds great but the backline doesn't do squat. They froze and allowed the forward to move pass the middle of the line right to the GK and score.

In WE (PS2) the backline moves to close the gap. When I play any FIFA game I always get the feeling like it's me against the other team. In WE it's like you are part of the team as the AI is always looking to help you out.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Rodster wrote:
FifaInspected wrote:

If you look at the FIFA 15 Youtube video posted above your comment you get to see why EA's FIFA is so frustrating to play. It looks and sounds great but the backline doesn't do squat. They froze and allowed the forward to move pass the middle of the line right to the GK and score.

In WE (PS2) the backline moves to close the gap. When I play any FIFA game I always get the feeling like it's me against the other team. In WE it's like you are part of the team as the AI is always looking to help you out.
That is set on semi-pro level, the second easiest. Pretty tame CPU.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

MACTEPsporta
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by MACTEPsporta »

Here are my takeaways from getting a few games in last night.

1) Defense is very different. Tackles are physical, collisions are brutal at times, and defensive AI is a definite improvement. Some of the tackles were so satisfying, in fact, that I won't be surprised seeing more human defenders on club teams.

2) Attacking AI took a big step back. It's almost impossible to get forwards to run into open spaces now. It's possible that this could be fixed by tinkering with player instructions in team management, but having to do this for every match seems tedious. Hopefully this can get tuned up for the full version.

3) Ball seems a lot looser than in 14, in fact dribbling feels more like FIFA 13. Turns are slower and more deliberate, and close control button is essentially useless.

4) Speedy players have even more advantage now, since beating upgraded defense is harder with toned down ball control. I expect to see a lot of club players flying down flanks knocking the ball on using the right stick. FIFA 13 anyone?

5) Shooting is quite different. Each FIFA release changes shot timing, so I am trying to take that into account.

a) Longs shots are no longer lasered into top corners but seem to have a much looser and more elevated trajectory. I managed to hit the bar three times from about 35 yards and each time the ball was dropping behind the keeper that advanced a bit too far off his line, as opposed to beating him top corner as before.
b) Finnesse shots seem very ineffective from any kind of distance. From what I have seen -- the only advatage to taking a finnesse shot now is to get it off your foot faster when in traffic.
c) Getting the ball to get off the ground takes effort. This may be due to shot timing that can be adjusted in full game, but I noticed most of my shots were grass burners unless I really held the button. That along with improved defense results in a lot of shots getting deflected or blocked before they even get to the keeper.

6) Goalkeepers have definitely been improved. Saves and timing are a lot more realistic. Keepers can now be beaten near post and through the legs. Rebounds into the middle occur a lot less often.

7) Player models are ridiculous. I don't know what EA was going for here, but end product leaves a lot to be desired. Every player looks too tall and lanky with big broad shoulders, insanely defined bicepses, and very impressive pecs. All that through multiple layers of clothing, mind you. :D
Last edited by MACTEPsporta on Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

MACTEPsporta wrote:Here are my takeaways from getting a few games in last night.

1) Defense is very different. Tackles are physical, collisions are brutal at times, and defensive AI is a definite improvement. Some of the tackles were so satisfying, in fact, that I won't be surprised seeing more human defenders on club teams.
For a week, until everyone gets tired of 5'4 wingers sprinting by them at 100mph.

I hadn't played '14 in about a month before trying the demo, so while I have no doubt your impressions of the differences are accurate, you may also be a bit too sensitive to some of them. There have been huge changes year-to-year in some past iterations, but this just didn't feel all that different for my $. Not necessarily bad, as I thought last year's version was fine.

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

FIFA 15 demo for PS4 is available. You have to do 'search' on PSN to get it. It isn't there yet on the demo's screen.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Mactep in the 360 demo the forward AI are making runs all over the place , all players do a good job of finding space actually. So maybe there is hope it translates to the one full version.

The biggest thing that stands out in all of this is the guy who created the Thunderbird puppets has finally got another job.
Seriously what are EA thinking with these player models?
Ricky Lambert :lol: Come on EA not every jersey is cut like an Italian designed PSG jersey.

5,4,3,2,1 Thunderbirds are GO!! Fifa 15

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

On the X1 I did noticed a slight delay by the offensive AI as if your teammate can't quite read your play even though you press LB to get him open. By the time you make a pass, the defense is all over him or he struggles to control the ball.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Absolutely loving the demo and can't wait to pick up this game on release day. IMO, I'm seeing a definite improvement in all facets of the game compared to last year. Yeah, the player models could look a little more life like and animate better, but all in all, such a joy to play. With NHL 15 lacking, this is a great subsitute.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

sportdan30 wrote:Absolutely loving the demo and can't wait to pick up this game on release day. IMO, I'm seeing a definite improvement in all facets of the game compared to last year. Yeah, the player models could look a little more life like and animate better, but all in all, such a joy to play. With NHL 15 lacking, this is a great subsitute.

I like the demo too. Im starting to lean that way as well.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

EA Early Access pays off today. FIFA 15 should be ready to download today sometime.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Aristo wrote:EA Early Access pays off today. FIFA 15 should be ready to download today sometime.

It's already up. Downloaded but haven't touched it yet.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

RobVarak wrote:
Aristo wrote:EA Early Access pays off today. FIFA 15 should be ready to download today sometime.

It's already up. Downloaded but haven't touched it yet.
Im currently downloading
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25