Evel Knievel

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I don't doubt the man was an american icon. I also understand he lived quite the rock-star lifestyle. It's just in retrospect to someone who never lived through it the outfits and attitude seem silly. Anyway, I loved the stunt set stories. :)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Naples39 wrote:I don't doubt the man was an american icon. I also understand he lived quite the rock-star lifestyle. It's just in retrospect to someone who never lived through it the outfits and attitude seem silly. Anyway, I loved the stunt set stories. :)
Wasn't trying to pick on you man; hence my use of the word "Understood" to start my follow-up post to you.

Just trying to give you more perspective on what Evel meant to us geezers during our childhood. :)

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

pk500 wrote:
Naples39 wrote:I don't doubt the man was an american icon. I also understand he lived quite the rock-star lifestyle. It's just in retrospect to someone who never lived through it the outfits and attitude seem silly. Anyway, I loved the stunt set stories. :)
Wasn't trying to pick on you man; hence my use of the word "Understood" to start my follow-up post to you.

Just trying to give you more perspective on what Evel meant to us geezers during our childhood. :)

Take care,
PK
Yeah, no problem. I was actually trying to make sure I didn't come across as an ass picking on all you old geezers. :wink:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Didnt he say he broke "every" bone in his body?

PK is right on...the dude was not cheesy ...all that s*** was real and f***in stupid.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

About 8 years ago, there was talk of an Evil Bio-pic with Matthew McConaughey (not a bad choice imo). Anyway, a case of Lone Star says this project gets fired-up again!

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

greggsand wrote:About 8 years ago, there was talk of an Evil Bio-pic with Matthew McConaughey (not a bad choice imo). Anyway, a case of Lone Star says this project gets fired-up again!
There was the made-for-TV movie a few years ago starring George Eads from CSI and Jaime Pressly.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25