skate

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

If you set your trucks to a looser value, yes. I had speed wobbles earlier while my trucks were at about 50%. I always rode tighter trucks and harder wheels as a kid, and it's what I set it to in the game. But as a test I set it looser and was able to have a tighter turning radius, but when I joined a death race I got the wobbles. I never fell, at least not directly. It was hard as hell to turn at speed so I ended up running into a curb and eating concrete at 50mph, though.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Has anyone been able to log in to www.skate.ea.com to check out their uploaded skate.Reels? I've uploaded 2 or 3 but I can't log in to check them out. I've linked my gamertag to the log in but for whatever reason the site won't log me in to the skate.Reel page. Any other page on the site and I'm logged in. It's pretty weird and very frustrating.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

b_assassin wrote:Hey guys, just wanted to chime and say I'm glad you are excited about and/or enjoying the game. As one of the game's producers, it has been very rewarding to see the reactions of both media and communities like DSP to skate.
It is exciting to see an EA game that has fresh ideas and innovations. This is easier to do if you don't have legacy code to remove or rebuild, but I applaud you and your team for a job WELL DONE. I told my son about the SKATE demo and he has played it NON STOP until the game hit the stores last week and now he has been playing the full game non stop ever since. He is a really good skater in real life and the fact that you have drawn him in like this is a testament to your game design and feature decisions.
b_assassin wrote:For those that don't know me, I used to post more regularly here and at OS, but since I started working for EA, I've had less time to lurk here. Plus it is safer for me to just avoid many threads in here no matter how much I might want to chime in :)
Good to see you post here. I know you will have limitations in being able to post as much as you might like, but it is refreshing to see an EA Producer participating here.
b_assassin wrote:Anyway, I just wanted to express my thanks and hope that you guys give the full version of the game a chance. For myself and all of the folks that worked ridiculously hard the past couple years to make this game, we appreciate it. Skate on!

Cheers,
b_assassin
Congratulations on your team's achievement!

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

The reviews have been good for Skate. I would be tempted to buy it except I have always sucked at Tony Hawk games in general.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:The reviews have been good for Skate. I would be tempted to buy it except I have always sucked at Tony Hawk games in general.
It is VERY different from the TH games.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Rodster wrote:The reviews have been good for Skate. I would be tempted to buy it except I have always sucked at Tony Hawk games in general.
It is VERY different from the TH games.
Thanks db, i've read it leans on the realistic side of the sport. I guess it's like Amped (skate) vs SSX (TH). I'm downloading the demo to check it out.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:Thanks db, i've read it leans on the realistic side of the sport. I guess it's like Amped (skate) vs SSX (TH). I'm downloading the demo to check it out.
That would be a good comparison...although even Amped went a little arcade when it came out on the 360.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Anyone else getting those strange fall through the earth/ fly in the sky glitches? It's happened to me twice, now, and both times I needed a hard reset to fix the issue.

I've seen videos others have made of the situation.

It's quite annoying, as even taking the subway or instantly travelling to new areas doesn't resolve the issue. It loads, and then the same thing happens at the new locale!

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Never had that happen. I've seen the videos, and I've had some awkward angles when I touch a wall mid-air, but I've never had anything like those glitch vids.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I tried the demo and the game looks and plays great. I like the skill stick feature although I still suck at skateboarding games. :lol:

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

You have to love a game where near-constant failure is still a blast. 8O I still spend most of my time just tricking around the city doing my own thing, but I've done enough of the career mode that I've come across some challenges that take a LOT of attempts for me before I can nail what the game is looking for.

Some lines I must have attempted 30-40 times before I got it, and yet I still hopped right back up on my board and headed for more.

Anyone who even thinks they might be interested in this type of game needs to try the demo. It delivers.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I agree. I spent a ton of time on some of the specific challenges. All I have left are some of the ridiculous film clips...4500 points, manual-to-flip-trick-to-grind and a 45 foot grind, etc. Busting all of that out inside of 30 seconds is crazy. Closest I came was everything except 4,200 points rather than 4500.

I had to run the last pro challenge quite a bit, though...specific flip trick to specific grind. 360 flip to FS crooked grind on a bench was something that took me at least 40 tries on, and the vast majority of the photo challenges and pro things took me less than 10.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Anyone had a chance to try the PS3 demo of this game?

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Late to the party because the Skate demo was just released yesterday, but damn this game is fun. I love the control system. So much fresher than the TH series.