DSP WE League: Official Thread

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I'm down BB...just let me know a time and I'll be there. Still getting used to the Xbox controls since this is the first time I've ever played the game on the Xbox so it should be an ass kicking of epic proportions while I still try to orient myself, but it's all good, I can take it.

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

Roma 2, Galatasaray 1

Roma - Montella 56'
Roma - OG (Orhan Ak) 68'
Galatasaray - Hasan Kabze 82'

Roma Gal
SOG 10 12
SOT 6 3
FK 8 4
Corner 2 3
Foul 4 8
Offs 1 3
Poss 49 51

The first half was scoreless, although Roma had multiple chances to score. An excellent half by the Galatasaray GK kept the score 0-0 at the half. The second half opened up with a Roma strike as Montella, unmarked at the spot, spun and calmly finished in the far corner. A little later, Montella hit a near post header that ricocheted off the keeper, off Orhan Ak, and end. Galatasaray made some offensive substitutions to look for a way back, and found it with a beautiful diving header by Kabze, just off the bench. However, Galatasaray couldn't come back and the game ended 2-1, Roma.

Good game mo. And Zeppo, I've added players to my Roma roster, but I can't give them goals in the league module. Do you know anything about that?

mobiggins
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mobiggins »

Jared, I did a match report at SGN, but I didn't see any players in your roster. You can edit the match report that I already made by checking on the check mark at the edge of the schedule table next to the match. Then you can imput your goal scorer.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Jared wrote:And Zeppo, I've added players to my Roma roster, but I can't give them goals in the league module. Do you know anything about that?
It has to do with the dates. Players need to have a 'joined on' date earlier than the date of the game. Since our games have in their date a year of 1001, you need to make sure the 'join date' of the player is less than 1001, something like 0006 will do.

Once you fix all the dates, the players will show up in the game screen and you can register their goals etc.

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

Ahh....I don't think I've got access to change the date of the game. Can you do that?

bphilipb
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by bphilipb »

DB-

Sorry I missed you. I kept playing that damn Blazing Angles game. Are you around tomorrow night?

BB

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Jared wrote:Ahh....I don't think I've got access to change the date of the game. Can you do that?
Please, don't change the dates of the games. The players have a date associated with them that it titled the 'join on' date. This date must be ealier than that games' dates, so the year must be less than 1001.

EDIT: OK, it's not called 'join',it's labeled 'start.' Each players' 'start' date must be earlier than the date of the game. Since I had already added all the games wih dates of 1001 (to correspond to our first season), when you add a player you need to change the 'start' date (which will default to the actual date when you add the player into the t database) to a year that is less than 1001. I've been using 0006 which is very easy, you only have to change one number.

Jared, your players are now visible in the game screen.
Last edited by Zeppo on Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

bphilipb wrote:DB-

Sorry I missed you. I kept playing that damn Blazing Angles game. Are you around tomorrow night?

BB
Not till pretty late...like 8pm PST or after.

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

I'm available tonight. Just send me a PM, or AIM me at Sully8713.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

How do we add a team logo? Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but there's one of us in every crowd :)
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

RobVarak wrote:How do we add a team logo? Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but there's one of us in every crowd :)
Apparently not just one. . . :wink:

When you click on the 'modify' button, you are taken to a page where you can change the name and insert all kinds of info into all manner of mysterious fields that I don't understand. One of those fields is named 'image' or something like that. If you put the URL of the image into that filed (you have to make sure you have opened the image in a new window), that image should appear on the team page.

Jason just informed me that we can't do player pictures. Something to do with the fact that they, unlike the team images, have to be uploaded into his database, and there isn't enough room.

But at least we get the cool team logos and images. I also hope to add images for the stadiums. I will try to start pasting and copying the match reports already made from here over to the game pages as we go. HOWEVER, we should still psot the reports HERE, not solely in the game reports section over at SGN. If you want to copy your own report into the game page, go ahead, but make sure you post something over here.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Zeppo wrote:
When you click on the 'modify' button, you are taken to a page where you can change the name and insert all kinds of info into all manner of mysterious fields that I don't understand. One of those fields is named 'image' or something like that. If you put the URL of the image into that filed (you have to make sure you have opened the image in a new window), that image should appear on the team page.
I figured it was under Modify, but when I click on that I get:

You do not have access to this screen

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

bphilipb
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by bphilipb »

DB,

That is fine with me. I will be on at 11pm (est) my time.

BB

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

RobVarak wrote:
Zeppo wrote:
I figured it was under Modify, but when I click on that I get:

You do not have access to this screen
Ok, you need to become the manager of that team.

Make sure you are logged in, and go to your team's page, and click on the 'manage team' link.

:twisted: I'm going to start quoting from the initial post of this thread from now on. It's all in there (he said, whistfully) . . . :twisted:

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

I did that when I read your inital post. I'm listed as the owner. To test it out I added a player and it worked fine. These are the only options for me on the team page.

[ Modify Team | Add Player ]
Roster | Results | Schedule | Match Report

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Damn.

OK then, something is clearly screwed up. Sorry for yelling at you :( .

PM Jason either here or at SGN proper (different site, different log in, etc.). It may have something to do with his having to change the account confirmation deal. I dunno. Mo and I were able to do it, but that may be because we're a higher level than you and have special powers. That is, we can mess with all y'all's teams and s***.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Zeppo wrote:Damn.

OK then, something is clearly screwed up. Sorry for yelling at you :( .
No problem. I'll take it out on you next time we have the Brazil challenge. :)

I'll pm Jason.

Jason
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Jason »

It's been taken care of.

Zep, let me know if everyone should have this permission and I'll update the accounts.
www.SportsGamingNation.com

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Thanks.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Jason wrote:It's been taken care of.

Zep, let me know if everyone should have this permission and I'll update the accounts.
I think everyone should have the permission to add a team logo if they want, yes.

Thanks!

mobiggins
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mobiggins »

mobiggins wrote:Jared, Sully, robvarak, naples...if any of you all want to play me tomorrow, (Tuesday) it's a good day for me to do so.

I'm able to start at 5pm EST and start games through 11pmEST. My preference would be to block a couple of games back to back, the earlier the better, but one early and one late might work out, too.

Let me know what you guys can do.
Did anybody see this post?
I haven't gotten any replies. I got my game with Jared out of the way, but the rest of you guys I haven't heard anything from. Anyways, that's pretty much my schedule on Tuesdays.

Thursdays are the same, except this Thursday where I'll only be able to start a game from 4:30EST until 6:30EST

Any takers??

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

just to let u guys know, I have been real sick the past several days with food poisoning. I should be ready to go by Fri. Sorry if I am holding anything up

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Cream of sum yung guy?

Ill be waiting at the red cauldren.

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

mobiggins wrote:
mobiggins wrote:Jared, Sully, robvarak, naples...if any of you all want to play me tomorrow, (Tuesday) it's a good day for me to do so.

I'm able to start at 5pm EST and start games through 11pmEST. My preference would be to block a couple of games back to back, the earlier the better, but one early and one late might work out, too.

Let me know what you guys can do.
Did anybody see this post?
I haven't gotten any replies. I got my game with Jared out of the way, but the rest of you guys I haven't heard anything from. Anyways, that's pretty much my schedule on Tuesdays.

Thursdays are the same, except this Thursday where I'll only be able to start a game from 4:30EST until 6:30EST

Any takers??
Mo, I should be able to play tomorrow around 5pm EST.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Just an FYI for you guys that love WE...its now BC on the 360.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwar ... eslist.htm
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25