HB Studios Next-Gen golf game: The Golf Club

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: HB Studios Next-Gen golf game: The Golf Club

Post by DivotMaker »

TCrouch wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:Today may be my last day playing this or any game for a while.

Hurricane Harvey is delivering a haymaker to the Houston area. Where i live we have had 18+ inches of rain since Friday. They are forecasting 23 more inches between now and Tuesday.

Water has flooded our street and is 1/3 the way up our yard and it is pouring.

See you guys on the other side whenever that may be.....
You and me both. Our street was a river last night. Good luck man.
You too my Friend.

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

TCrouch wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:Today may be my last day playing this or any game for a while.

Hurricane Harvey is delivering a haymaker to the Houston area. Where i live we have had 18+ inches of rain since Friday. They are forecasting 23 more inches between now and Tuesday.

Water has flooded our street and is 1/3 the way up our yard and it is pouring.

See you guys on the other side whenever that may be.....
You and me both. Our street was a river last night. Good luck man.
So you made the move to Texas. Welcome to soggy Houston.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Yep! I'm living in Clear Lake atm :D

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I hope you guys are hanging on down there... the coverage I've seen today on the network news has been shocking!

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Twenty five inches of rain here so far and 20 more expected between now and Wednesday......

Unprecedented flooding already and the forecast is saying we are only halfway through this......

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

DivotMaker wrote:Twenty five inches of rain here so far and 20 more expected between now and Wednesday......

Unprecedented flooding already and the forecast is saying we are only halfway through this......
We are getting hammered here in SW Florida. We're also getting a lot of street flooding and if that storm heads east it'll make things worse for places like Pensacola and even Tampa.

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

DivotMaker wrote:Twenty five inches of rain here so far and 20 more expected between now and Wednesday......

Best of luck to you once the Brazos river crests, particularly with all the rain falling in the Brenham/College Station region. It's going to remain high for some time, and it looks to be setting a new record by quite a bit. Fortunately I assume you are a mile or two from the river.

Here's a good site to monitor the Brazos in the Richmond area - http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrogra ... hydrograph

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

F308GTB wrote:

Best of luck to you once the Brazos river crests, particularly with all the rain falling in the Brenham/College Station region. It's going to remain high for some time, and it looks to be setting a new record by quite a bit. Fortunately I assume you are a mile or two from the river.

Here's a good site to monitor the Brazos in the Richmond area - http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrogra ... hydrograph

I am about 5 miles north of the Brazos and I won't feel comfortable until I see the accumulated rainfall start releasing into the creeks, bayous and rivers. My hope is the Brazos does not start backing up out of it's banks, but I am glad I am on the upstream end if it does.

The Brazos is supposed to crest at 59' which is 4 feet above the design of the levees. If it reaches 59' that would represent an 800 year flood event.....and they have no answers or response for this scenario other than to get the hell out which many in Sugar Land are being told to evacuate.

We moved last year and never had a flood in the 33 years I lived in First Colony, yet the year after I leave my old neighborhood that we lived in for 24 years is under mandatory evacuation. Thank God my wife convinced me to buy flood insurance for this new place. Hope I don't need to use it....

This is sad, tragic and unbelievable devastation.....

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

That's what amazed me--I saw a map of estimated percentages of residents who have flood insurance, and the numbers were staggeringly low. I had no idea this was coming, and it was still mandatory in my opinion.

I've been lucky to this point, but I feel bad for other parts of the area. I am looking out of my home-office window, and it's a 2 to 3 foot wide running creek in the drainage lane between this house and the neighbor's. It then runs into the street, which can reach calf-high when the rain is really dumping. But this home's foundation is a full 2 feet higher than other homes in the neighborhood (a big selling point at the time, which is even crazier now), and the neighborhood has never flooded.

I look out into the street, and it's a raging river, but the way it's sloped, it's all raging away from our home. I know that water has to be going SOMEWHERE, though, and feel badly for whoever ended up in the runoff area. Every time it dumps on us (25 inches and counting), I see the street-river flow, and then the instant it stops raining, everything washes away.

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop--because while it feels like 25+ inches of rain has been crazy to endure, another 20 or 25 could overflow whatever the runoff is draining to, and instantly turn this place into a lake like the rest of the area.

Nothing is stress-free at the moment...and yet I'd STILL take this over a hit-you-without-warning-Earthquake any day of the week.

And it's like "how can we get out there and help?"...we can't. I don't have a boat, I have a hilariously-Californian-Hybrid sedan, and all I'd end up doing is being another victim-in-need-of-rescue story out there. I feel badly just sitting indoors watching the sh*t go on around me, but doing anything else feels so dumb, I don't know what else to do.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

TCrouch wrote:That's what amazed me--I saw a map of estimated percentages of residents who have flood insurance, and the numbers were staggeringly low. I had no idea this was coming, and it was still mandatory in my opinion.

I've been lucky to this point, but I feel bad for other parts of the area. I am looking out of my home-office window, and it's a 2 to 3 foot wide running creek in the drainage lane between this house and the neighbor's. It then runs into the street, which can reach calf-high when the rain is really dumping. But this home's foundation is a full 2 feet higher than other homes in the neighborhood (a big selling point at the time, which is even crazier now), and the neighborhood has never flooded.

I look out into the street, and it's a raging river, but the way it's sloped, it's all raging away from our home. I know that water has to be going SOMEWHERE, though, and feel badly for whoever ended up in the runoff area. Every time it dumps on us (25 inches and counting), I see the street-river flow, and then the instant it stops raining, everything washes away.

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop--because while it feels like 25+ inches of rain has been crazy to endure, another 20 or 25 could overflow whatever the runoff is draining to, and instantly turn this place into a lake like the rest of the area.

Nothing is stress-free at the moment...and yet I'd STILL take this over a hit-you-without-warning-Earthquake any day of the week.

And it's like "how can we get out there and help?"...we can't. I don't have a boat, I have a hilariously-Californian-Hybrid sedan, and all I'd end up doing is being another victim-in-need-of-rescue story out there. I feel badly just sitting indoors watching the sh*t go on around me, but doing anything else feels so dumb, I don't know what else to do.
Well stated Terry.....and welcome to Texas and Houston!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

TCrouch wrote: Nothing is stress-free at the moment...and yet I'd STILL take this over a hit-you-without-warning-Earthquake any day of the week.
This is clearly a weather event of unprecedented proportions. I've lived through many hurricanes growing up on the east coast and feel sorry for people affected by damage but I had to comment on your line above as i was just discussing this with my wife.

I saw a woman on the news complaining that helps need to get there quicker. Men and Women are risking their lives because people didn't heed the warning and i get it because anyone who has experienced a normal hurricane was probably like, no big deal.

Hurricanes are literally one of the only natural disasters you have warning it is coming. So while I know this is a different animal, I find it is kind of crazy that people are railing on first responders, well as least in the news I'm watching.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Grats to John for another weekend tournament win, I believe that is three in a row. Set Pebble Beach for next weekends tourney.

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

vader29 wrote:Grats to John for another weekend tournament win, I believe that is three in a row. Set Pebble Beach for next weekends tourney.

Hard to win when your best rounds are the winners worst rounds. :)

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Just played the daily and had a nice round going but had my typical 3-4 bad holes (bogeys, 3 putts, etc.). I was even going into like the 7th or 8th hole and hit the bad patch. Oh well, +6 as usual. Still had fun.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

vader29 wrote:Grats to John for another weekend tournament win, I believe that is three in a row. Set Pebble Beach for next weekends tourney.

Thanks... that one felt good because I was fighting a hook the last two rounds. I aimed further out to the right to compensate for it eventually and made some putts to save some epic pars. My hook caught up with me today in the Daily, and I somehow came in at -2. The Goldfinch Club is my favorite official course, but it and James owned me today! :)

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Note to PS4 Society players, I had to start a new season today because our 30 event limit on our level 6 society was reached and we were nowhere near the amount needed in the bank to upgrade to level 7. Season two started today, FWIW.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

J_Cauthen wrote: My hook caught up with me today in the Daily, and I somehow came in at -2. The Goldfinch Club is my favorite official course, but it and James owned me today! :)
It's one of my favorite courses as well. I just seem to do a bit better on the dailies for some reason than playing 4 rounds of the same course, where my attention fades away. Too bad I double bogeyed on the par 3 #17 hole as I was hitting it well today. Pretty sure Vader will ruin the day for me though... :evil:

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

49 inches of rainfall as of this AM and it has been dry most of the day and this thing called the "sun" made an appearance of all things.

What I am concerned with now is all of the accumulated water north of us and where it may go. Many rivers are at their peak historically with forecast to break historic figures tomorrow.....

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:
J_Cauthen wrote: My hook caught up with me today in the Daily, and I somehow came in at -2. The Goldfinch Club is my favorite official course, but it and James owned me today! :)
It's one of my favorite courses as well. I just seem to do a bit better on the dailies for some reason than playing 4 rounds of the same course, where my attention fades away. Too bad I double bogeyed on the par 3 #17 hole as I was hitting it well today. Pretty sure Vader will ruin the day for me though... :evil:
Typical Diablo round for me at Goldfinch. Was right around +2 most of the round and then a triple on #16. One in the water, duffed a sand out and then a 3 jack. I just can't seem to put together a solid 18 holes. Love the course.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

I could not make heads or tails of those greens at Goldfinch. I hit every damn green in regulation and I was just bananas with the putter. At one point I lipped out a put that ended up 30' downhill and back off the green, leading me to chip directly into a water hazard over the green when I misidentified my shot selection. :oops: Total nightmare round from top to bottom.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Bakes
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Bakes »

That was the best round I've had in a long time in this game. I was up to -11 at one point but bogeyed 2 of the last 3 holes.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Bakes wrote:That was the best round I've had in a long time in this game. I was up to -11 at one point but bogeyed 2 of the last 3 holes.
Congratz! Well done.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Bakes wrote:That was the best round I've had in a long time in this game. I was up to -11 at one point but bogeyed 2 of the last 3 holes.
'
That is a smokin' round on this course... kudos!

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

My last post about Hurricane Harvey and my apologies for the threadjack....

We dodged a Tomahawk missile with Harvey here. Street is dry, sun is out, cool breeze is blowing and no water in the house. We are all so very thankful for our good fortune. Ended up with 52 inches of rainfall in my neighborhood and the drainage worked beyond belief.

Stats are that 9 TRILLION gallons of water fell on the Houston area from Friday to Monday. You could fill the Great Salt Lake twice or fill the Empire State Building 34,000 times. We still have tremendous flooding concerns with rivers and bayous that have yet to full crest.

We continue to pray for those who were not so fortunate. I am so thankful to see this city and this state come together as ONE and I am so very thankful for the many folks from other states who selflessly and courageously came here to help us in our time of need. The response to this horrific weather event is what is GREAT about Houstonians, Texans, our neighbors from those states who rallied to our cause, and Americans. Thank God for all the First responders or we surely would have had far more fatalities and lost souls than we do. I am so humbled by this experience.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
'
That is a smokin' round on this course... kudos!
Yep awesome round bakes! I had a couple holes with long eagle putts that turned into even longer birdie putts and eventually ended up as bogeys.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone