XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

bulls23
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Re: New Xbox AND PS4 Info/Rumors

Post by bulls23 »

mike95 wrote:
Rodster wrote:What do you guys think about the rumored price of $429 and $529 tier pricing?
I will wait till it gets down to $300 if I buy one at all.

I do not like that there is no backwards compatibility, no ability to play the games I bought on PSN and no compatibility with PS3 controllers. Give Nintendo credit. At least the WiiU plays all Wii games and works with the Wiimotes.

I read that PS1, 2 and 3 games will be playable on PS4 via streaming. I wonder how much they'll charge for that?
This turned me off also, but good for them about used games and offline gaming possible. Hopefully this will stop Microsoft from banning used games.

How many times though do I have to pay for games I have already bought? The answer should only be ONCE.

I was a huge PS1 and PS2 supporter. Went with 360 for this generation. Who knows if I ever buy another console? The sports games better be photorealistic for me to even think about it.

Wii U what a disappointment....They blew their wad early. Nintendo don't have a chance.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

If we get the same type of games next gen as we did this gen, then I think I'll sit it out. Seemed there was more innovation and fun in the ps2/xb gen. I miss the great racing games from last gen, which there were a lot. And NFL Football, not holding my breath.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I was annoyed I couldn't get a working webstream of the PS4 announcement, so this will have to do.

XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

$399 would be my limit for a console, and that would require a pretty enticing game lineup.

I think this generation of consoles was remarkable. There may not have been quite as much innovation, but it's hard to argue with the greatness of games like Skyrim, Modern Warfare 1, the Uncharted series, The Show, NBA 2k, Mass Effect, and many others. But there were not a lot of of blow-you-away games in the first year of the 360's release: Oblivion, Dead Rising, and Gears of War were the only three I recall getting really excited about. It wasn't until halfway through 2007 that I felt there were a lot of good releases coming out regularly.

With that in mind, I don't see rushing out to get a new console unless there are more than a couple games I see myself playing.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I just read that the blue light on the DS4 is the built in move tracking light. That's one less thing to buy.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

A couple interesting rumors about game prices surging to $70 a pop and Microsoft may have exclusivity with EA. That would certainly make me think twice about going all in on a PS4. The game prices don't really scare me as often times you can find a deal on Amazon or shortly after release. Of course, that screaming deal might be priced at $60. :wink:

With regards to EA titles, I wonder if that is only non-sports games. If it includes sports titles, that's definitely a punch to the gut of Sony.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2013/02/27/ne ... -microsoft

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

EA going exclusive to Sony (or anyone)? That would be insane.

And quite frankly, $60 for a game is an ancient business model. We have mobile games for $1, blockbuster games getting "season passes" or other DLC...Plain old $60 for a game is a relic of the 16bit era. Development costs are so big now it doesn't make sense, but the spazz from the gaming community over what they "deserve" creates an awkward situation.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

First off, screw the exclusivity stuff. That would be extremely bad for gaming. I don't think EA would sign on for that.

Pretty ironic if it ever would happen. EA wanted nothing to do with the original Xbox back in the day.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

How about $70 games and no used games?

EA still sells a lot of games but it's not the kingmaker that it used to be. Last few years, EA games were often discounted at release or if you preordered.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Somebody ought to ask Sega if EA would ever abandon a console.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Aristo wrote:Somebody ought to ask Sega if EA would ever abandon a console.
But at least 2K cruised in and saved the day baseball wise...and gave us a game without manual fielding, lol. At least NHL, NBA and NFL were legit...I still miss my Dreamcast. Damn.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

There's no way EA goes exclusive with MS. Maybe it could be timed exclusives like this Gen with certain publishers but that usually last a few weeks. Forget sports titles that's EA's bread and butter. Madden 14 will be on both the PS4 and next Xbox day 1.

And the fallout between EA and MS in the original Xbox days was over XBL and MS Sports titles and had little to do with Sony. Once MS gave into EA's demands all was good between the two.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Interesting article from The Verge about the new Xbox interfacing with your cable/satellite set-top box.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/10/42089 ... ment-plans

Can't say I'm terribly enthusiastic, particularly with the Kinect nonsense. If there's one thing desperately missing from this gen, it's the ability to turn off the Kinect when using Netflix/Amazon Prime vid etc. Drives me absolutely nuts when it picks up "commands" I have no intention of sending.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

RobVarak wrote:....Can't say I'm terribly enthusiastic, particularly with the Kinect nonsense. If there's one thing desperately missing from this gen, it's the ability to turn off the Kinect when using Netflix/Amazon Prime vid etc. Drives me absolutely nuts when it picks up "commands" I have no intention of sending.
Amen to that. My kids have a running joke about saying "Xbox, stop screwing up our movie".

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

RobVarak wrote:If there's one thing desperately missing from this gen, it's the ability to turn off the Kinect when using Netflix/Amazon Prime vid etc. Drives me absolutely nuts when it picks up "commands" I have no intention of sending.
You can turn off the Kinect in system settings. I only found that out late last year when I was annoyed with the audible overlay showing up in Madden, so now I only turn on the Kinect when playing a Kinect game and keep it off otherwise.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Nothing says potential pain in the a$$ like always connected. Does this mean taking the next xbox to the cottage where there is no high speed internet makes the console useless?
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

vader29 wrote:
RobVarak wrote:If there's one thing desperately missing from this gen, it's the ability to turn off the Kinect when using Netflix/Amazon Prime vid etc. Drives me absolutely nuts when it picks up "commands" I have no intention of sending.
You can turn off the Kinect in system settings. I only found that out late last year when I was annoyed with the audible overlay showing up in Madden, so now I only turn on the Kinect when playing a Kinect game and keep it off otherwise.
A fine solution except for the fact that my rugrats play kinect games all the damn time.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

FifaInspected wrote:Does this mean taking the next xbox to the cottage where there is no high speed internet makes the console useless?
YES! Also, if your internet goes out while you're at home your console is useless too. I still can't fathom how/why MS would be so stupid to go this way but if all the rumours, including the whole Adam Orth debacle, are to be believed they are. Insane. The PS4 is looking better and better (despite that goddamn controller!).

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

They want the Xbox to be the main device in the living room. They want you to watch TV and movies through Xbox rather than switching the input to your DVR or Blu-Ray player. Or Heaven forbid, an Apple TV or some other device.

It's suppose to have HDMI in, so it take the TV set top box output and then puts overlays on it before outputting to TV.

So you could get game invites while watching TV or maybe Skype calls while watching a DVD or Blu-Ray.

A lot of people were watching Netflix while logged into XBL instead of playing games. Well one way to monetize all that time spent doing other things but gaming would be to use ads.

That and they want to make sure not to miss out on the Next Big Thing, which could be changing the TV interface or the way we interact with TV.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Macca00 wrote:
FifaInspected wrote:Does this mean taking the next xbox to the cottage where there is no high speed internet makes the console useless?
YES! Also, if your internet goes out while you're at home your console is useless too. I still can't fathom how/why MS would be so stupid to go this way but if all the rumours, including the whole Adam Orth debacle, are to be believed they are. Insane. The PS4 is looking better and better (despite that goddamn controller!).
I'll wait until MS officially unveils everything, but right now based on all the speculation and rumors out there I'm leaning towards switching my 'lead console' from Xbox to Playstation too.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Right now everything is rumors. In all honesty what do we really know about the PS4? No hardware was shown, 90% of the videos were not actually gameplay on a PS4. I don't expect to know anything real to E3.

Every rumor about the new Xbox has been bad and MS has been completely silent.

This means we have several possible scenarios and I'm sure smart guys like everyone here already knows this.

1. It's all true and MS is planning their spin control for this always on to play games console.

2. Its not true and MS knows this and plans to blow people out of the water at their announcement.

3. The always on has nothing to do with gaming and is tied into the set top box to play TV thing.

Honestly all these leaks and rumors aren't even worth paying attention to unless you like speculating about this stuff. I can't honestly believe MS is stupid enough to have an always on concept but who knows look how arrogant Sony was in this generation and it cost them.

If they do they will fail, I know I won't buy one.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Danimal wrote:Right now everything is rumors. In all honesty what do we really know about the PS4? No hardware was shown, 90% of the videos were not actually gameplay on a PS4. I don't expect to know anything real to E3.

Every rumor about the new Xbox has been bad and MS has been completely silent.

This means we have several possible scenarios and I'm sure smart guys like everyone here already knows this.

1. It's all true and MS is planning their spin control for this always on to play games console.

2. Its not true and MS knows this and plans to blow people out of the water at their announcement.

3. The always on has nothing to do with gaming and is tied into the set top box to play TV thing.

Honestly all these leaks and rumors aren't even worth paying attention to unless you like speculating about this stuff. I can't honestly believe MS is stupid enough to have an always on concept but who knows look how arrogant Sony was in this generation and it cost them.

If they do they will fail, I know I won't buy one.
I hope number 2 is true. I know they always give the company line that they don't respond to rumors but when one of their own employees was discussing it on twitter, they should have immediately responded to that as being false if it wasn't in their plans. I have more physical games in my 360 collection than I ever had with any other console and if they go with a required always on internet connection to play games even offline then I will look to make the switch back to the Sony console.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I will comment on the NextBox when MS announces it. Don't give a damn about the rumors...even if they prove to be true.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Teal wrote:I will comment on the NextBox when MS announces it. Don't give a damn about the rumors...even if they prove to be true.
This.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

webdanzer wrote:
Macca00 wrote:
I'll wait until MS officially unveils everything, but right now based on all the speculation and rumors out there I'm leaning towards switching my 'lead console' from Xbox to Playstation too.
I'm waiting as well, but am leaning to going back to PC if it comes to it.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701