MLB Baseball 2009 Season Thread

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Eh, I'm reserving any "F'N CHEATER" judgment until we know what he took. Baseball says isn't wasn't roids, but on the banned list. Maybe it medical weed or something hip like ecstasy - that would explain a lot actually...
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

lexbur
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by lexbur »

greggsand wrote:Eh, I'm reserving any "F'N CHEATER" judgment until we know what he took. Baseball says isn't wasn't roids, but on the banned list. Maybe it medical weed or something hip like ecstasy - that would explain a lot actually...
Yaah, weed (medically prescribed or otherwise) is the first thing I thought of. I still can't believe he'd use anything performance-enhancing, unless you're talking about in the bedroom, which if it's on that list of banned substances would be SO STUPID it could only be classified as "Manny being Manny".

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

"Two sources told ESPN that Ramirez used a women's fertility drug — HCG, human chorionic gonadotropin. That sort of drug can be used by steroid users after they complete cycles to get their bodies to produce testosterone naturally again."

Um, well, that sounds kind of 'cheater-esque'. Manny Wig prices are about to be real cheap around here...

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I'll say it. He's a f'n cheater. Maybe he's wears the baggy uniform for a reason. He wants to come off as appearing lazy and not caring about his body, just relying on pure skills. What a fraud.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

greggsand wrote:"Two sources told ESPN that Ramirez used a women's fertility drug — HCG, human chorionic gonadotropin.
He was just trying to get knocked up...

ansonlee
Mario Mendoza

Post by ansonlee »

sportdan30 wrote:I'll say it. He's a f'n cheater. Maybe he's wears the baggy uniform for a reason. He wants to come off as appearing lazy and not caring about his body, just relying on pure skills. What a fraud.

Will you say the same thing when Puljos is exposed? You know it'll happen, just a matter of time.

bulls23
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by bulls23 »

ansonlee wrote:
sportdan30 wrote:I'll say it. He's a f'n cheater. Maybe he's wears the baggy uniform for a reason. He wants to come off as appearing lazy and not caring about his body, just relying on pure skills. What a fraud.

Will you say the same thing when Puljos is exposed? You know it'll happen, just a matter of time.
Pujols is really the only superstar left who's not a cheater. And if he's ever found out to be I'll quit being a Cardinals fan.

ansonlee
Mario Mendoza

Post by ansonlee »

they all cheated. Selig FEhr covered it up. Quit the game now, only way to fix it. Sad truth.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

bulls23 wrote:
ansonlee wrote:
Pujols is really the only superstar left who's not a cheater. And if he's ever found out to be I'll quit being a Cardinals fan.
I'd just shrug my shoulders, be bummed, and move on.

I'd say there's still a few possible future Hall of Famers "left" to be exposed: Jeter, Randy Johnson, Pujols, Trevor Hoffman and maybe a few others (Ortiz?) still playing.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

bulls23 wrote:
ansonlee wrote:

There are plenty of guys that are clean. Ryan Howard being one on my squad.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MUTTS
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by MUTTS »

I love how Manny spins it to blame his personal physician. Funny thing is...I'm board certified in two specialties...my wife is a different sppecialty and between us we have never seen a patient on HCG ever. He's guilty as sin.

Reminds of when I believe it was the Carolina Panthers were all getting drugs from some doc. Very very few people are actually knowledgable enough to prescribe the roids in that form....its not common stuff. Prednisone, dexamethasone, solumedrol, cortisone--these are the steroids that most of us use very regularly....not the performance enhancing stuff.

Tony

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

The wacky part is that manny returns BEFORE the all star game. It'll be interesting to see how the voting goes. I imagine IF he somehow was voted in, he'd decline the appearance... but then again, it's manny.

IF he is voted in, it def supports my theory that the average doesn't care (esp the 30 & under crowd).

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

2004 *

2007 *

Red Sox Champions? Pfft.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

sportdan30 wrote:2004 *
Sour grapes. :lol:

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Sour grapes. :lol:
True. :wink:

TheGamer
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheGamer »

2007 *

Red Sox Champions? Pfft.
I wish the Cubs roid freak would have got them a world series.
XBL gamertag:SecondACR Vet
PSN: BHoward1
http://community.2ksports.com/community ... id=1010465
http://twitter.com/ BradHowardSr

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

greggsand wrote:The wacky part is that manny returns BEFORE the all star game. It'll be interesting to see how the voting goes. I imagine IF he somehow was voted in, he'd decline the appearance... but then again, it's manny.

IF he is voted in, it def supports my theory that the average doesn't care (esp the 30 & under crowd).
(I love quoting myself :wink: ) The more I think about it, the more I think people should vote manny into the all-star game. Turn it into a real circus. Imagine the shots of Selig slumping in his seat as Manny is announced. good times.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

http://www.pujolsfan.com/Albert-Pujols- ... y-2007.jpg

Skinless chicken and plenty of rest! :D

AJColossal
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AJColossal »

Amazing.

Artificial enhancement or not -- baseball players simply did not look like that up until the last 20 years.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I'm a huge baseball fan and really hope Pujols, Howard, Big Poppy, etc. are clean. But anyone that is *sure* that they are is just being a homer (and I would probably be the same way). Andy Pettite was using PED for God's sake. Who would have ever suspected that?

It's not that I don't care about the players using PEDs, but I'm just done wasting a lot of energy over it. I love baseball and I'm not going to let a few idiots ruin it for me.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

I love it. A-rod comes back after an off-season roid scandal, hits a HR (on the road) and is celebrated. Just shows that most people could care less.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Leebo33 wrote:I'm a huge baseball fan and really hope Pujols, Howard, Big Poppy, etc. are clean. But anyone that is *sure* that they are is just being a homer (and I would probably be the same way). Andy Pettite was using PED for God's sake. Who would have ever suspected that?

It's not that I don't care about the players using PEDs, but I'm just done wasting a lot of energy over it. I love baseball and I'm not going to let a few idiots ruin it for me.
I feel the same way, Leebo. The abuse was rampant enough that I don't think it really gave any teams a distinct advantage. It sullies the records more than the games, but I don't watch baseball (or any sport) for the records.

Hopefully a few more Manny-level suspensions will send a message that the days of free-for-all chemical abuse are over and guys will face consequences if they get caught. It certainly won't stop the abuse but I think it will reduce it considerably, especially among players that can already hit 30-40 dingers a season without PEDs.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

I thought this was a pretty good article. I had never even though of someone switch pitching.

How do you beat a guy who throws righty and lefty? You don't.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=4145564

[url=http://sites.google.com/site/bmdsooner/]My place for games![/url]

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

He got beat in college.

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

I figure most of the current big boppers will just continue to use HGH until the union approves blood testing, or they come up with a urine test... either of which could easily be years away. Why wouldn't they?

The MLB network has been a funny reminder of what baseball players used to look like, with all the games from the '80's that they've been putting on in the daytime.