BioShock (No Spoilers).

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Naples39 wrote:Zeppo, you were playing this game listening to your own music and not with the meticulous sound and music design by the devs? For shame! :wink:
Well that's the thing, I didn't really mean to do that it just sort of happened one night when I quit playing ShadowRun and didn't turn off my tunes when I booted up Bioshock. Now I think i'm stuck in a no-music game. What's weird is that in the new game I started, once I rebooted the game with no music streaming, the music was there, but when I loaded up my original save, I still hear no music. Or maybe I do and it's just subtle atmospheric stuff? That's the problem, I don't know one way or another in this part of the game. :x

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I haven't gotten that far yet so I can't help you out on what you should be hearing.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Maybe it has something to do with the joke db made in the Wii thread. :wink:

It would be a shame if having to listen to Michael Bolton while playing Shadowrun led to this.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

LAking
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by LAking »

Zeppo wrote:
Naples39 wrote:Zeppo, you were playing this game listening to your own music and not with the meticulous sound and music design by the devs? For shame! :wink:
Well that's the thing, I didn't really mean to do that it just sort of happened one night when I quit playing ShadowRun and didn't turn off my tunes when I booted up Bioshock. Now I think i'm stuck in a no-music game. What's weird is that in the new game I started, once I rebooted the game with no music streaming, the music was there, but when I loaded up my original save, I still hear no music. Or maybe I do and it's just subtle atmospheric stuff? That's the problem, I don't know one way or another in this part of the game. :x
If I remember correctly there wasn't much if any music playing in the tea gardens. I remember a lot of ambient sounds but no music.
"Be tolerant of those who describe a sporting moment as their best ever. We do not lack imagination, nor have we had sad and barren lives; it is just that real life is paler, duller, and contains less potential for unexpected delirium." -Nick Hornby

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Thanks King, that's what I was hoping to hear. I got through that section and there was some of that old time creepy music at one point later, so I think it's fine now.

But be warned: make sure you have no music playing or even paused when you boot the game, as for whatever reason the game's music won't come back even if you turn the personal music off in the guide. You'd have to reboot the game to get the game's music back.

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

Another technical issue with the 360 version of Bioshock:

I started getting occasional short freezes and hitches in the game that started to become really annoying. I did a search and discovered that Bioshock has an issue with the cache corruption on the hard drive of the 360 similar to what Oblivion had. The way to fix it is a little different. When booting up the game after loading the disk, hold down both the LB and RB buttons until loading is complete (through the 27 and 2K Boston screens to where you get to the Bioshock screen where you load you saves). I did this and it cleared the cache and the freezing issues went away and the game runs smooth again.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

LOL...so glad I went with the PC version. Damn I hate it when my stuff works perfectly. I thought it was the 360 that was supposed to be stable since everyone's system is the same??? :lol:

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

dbdynsty25 wrote:LOL...so glad I went with the PC version. Damn I hate it when my stuff works perfectly. I thought it was the 360 that was supposed to be stable since everyone's system is the same??? :lol:
Well if you hate it when it works perfectly.. may a crash happen at a crucial moment in the game! :lol: :wink:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

MizzouRah wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:LOL...so glad I went with the PC version. Damn I hate it when my stuff works perfectly. I thought it was the 360 that was supposed to be stable since everyone's system is the same??? :lol:
Well if you hate it when it works perfectly.. may a crash happen at a crucial moment in the game! :lol: :wink:
Hehe...I'm on the last section of it, so it still could happen, just not very likely. Jerk! :lol:

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I thought this was pretty funny.

To all the DSP dads out there, what would you do if your child was wondering around the house talking to an imaginary Mr Bubbles? :lol:

LAking
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by LAking »

Naples39 wrote:I thought this was pretty funny.

To all the DSP dads out there, what would you do if your child was wondering around the house talking to an imaginary Mr Bubbles? :lol:
harvest him or her for all the adam I could find. ;-)

I loved listening to the little sisters throughout the entire game. I especially liked when they would be speaking in a nice little girls voice and all of a sudden yell in this fiendish tone when they say the name "Mr. Bubbles". It also seemed like some of them got more disturbing towards the end, although that could have just been coincidence that I didn't hear certain lines until later on. Don't want to give away any more than that.
"Be tolerant of those who describe a sporting moment as their best ever. We do not lack imagination, nor have we had sad and barren lives; it is just that real life is paler, duller, and contains less potential for unexpected delirium." -Nick Hornby

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

dbdynsty25 wrote: Hehe...I'm on the last section of it, so it still could happen, just not very likely. Jerk! :lol:
I need to finish this puppy before next week and NHL 08.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

anyone playing this game on PC and if so, do I need a cutting edge system to play it?

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Late to the party, just wanted to chime in and say...

8O :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

LAking
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by LAking »

JackB1 wrote:anyone playing this game on PC and if so, do I need a cutting edge system to play it?
The better question would be; "Would Bioshock run on this PC? (list specs here)

You rarely NEED cutting edge, you just need to turn down some of the graphic settings to get a game to run smoothly. It's a question of how much you are willing to sacrifice visually to get the game playable on a lower end system.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The first update on the game improves stability when loading autosaves and overall game stability, corrects audio during title menu loading, and addresses AI behaviors regarding use of health stations.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I've heard the update makes the framrate mess up, is this the case?

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

MizzouRah wrote:I've heard the update makes the framrate mess up, is this the case?
I heard the same thing but I applied the update last night and played for a couple hours and didn't notice any issues.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

mixdj1 wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:I've heard the update makes the framrate mess up, is this the case?
I heard the same thing but I applied the update last night and played for a couple hours and didn't notice any issues.
No problems here either. After this update I also saw splicers get fried on my hacked health stations for the first time too.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

mixdj1 wrote:
Excellent, thanks!

Bill_Abner
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Bill_Abner »

JackB1 wrote:anyone playing this game on PC and if so, do I need a cutting edge system to play it?
No. I finished it on a 2.4 GHz, 1 GB ram system with a GeF 6800 Ultra card and ran it on Medium settings with no problems at all. My system meets the game's MIN requirements and it ran like a champ. I can't max stuff out but it still looks great. I just hope this game meets a better fate than System Shock 2.
No High Scores:
http://www.nohighscores.com/

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Finally got around to renting this today. Just completely AWESOME! That's all.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Bill_Abner wrote:
No. I finished it on a 2.4 GHz, 1 GB ram system with a GeF 6800 Ultra card and ran it on Medium settings with no problems at all. My system meets the game's MIN requirements and it ran like a champ. I can't max stuff out but it still looks great. I just hope this game meets a better fate than System Shock 2.
Bill, I have a similiar powered system and it does indeed run fine on medium settings. So nice they included lesser widescreen resolutions so that I can run it in wodescreen, but not have to use a resolution that is too high for performance. WIsh more games did that!

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

This game is unbelievable. It reminds me of Half Life a little but not really. Very original and imaginative. Anyone else playing this on a PC tried it with a XBox 360 controller? I have been playing with mouse/keyboard but think it would be more comfortable with a controller?

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Played it in the dark last night w/ full surround sound. It fried my nerves & had to turn it off... Too many voices behind me!