2005-2006 College Football Bowl Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

F308GTB wrote:The trouble with Young is that while he is an incredible talent durability is an issue. Look at Vick and how he's been injured the last few seasons. Young's style is to flush the pocket. After awhile those 16 week NFL seasons will wear his body down if he continues that tendency. His passing game has improved but not to the point where you'd want him to focus only on that aspect of his game. If you are looking for an exciting QB that will give you a few years of high quality play, Young is the choice. If you want a franchise QB in the mold of Elway, Aikman, Marino, Young, Montana, Favre, etc (i.e., QBs who last a decade or more in the league), look elsewhere.
Have you noticed that Young has never been injured or missed a game due to injury at Texas? Do you realize that his skills are such that defenders rarely if ever get a solid hit on him? He is more controlled and smarter than Vick IMHO. I would much rather have a QB who can make something happen with his arm AND legs, than just arm. A double threat is twice as dangerous as a single threat, especially when that threat can run like a deer and know how to avoid a hit. I could be proven wrong down the road, but I like the hell out of VY for not only his physical gifts, but more importantly his leadership and burning desire and confidence in winning. I have not seen too many people possess such traits as he has and those are attributes you canNOT teach.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Im still hard

Great game

Thank God for that pic of Bowdens granddaughter...I can get relief..

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

You don't want a franchise QB to run so much.

Look at someone like McNair who's a big guy and used to run a lot early in his career.

He's been brittle the last 3-4 years of his career.

It takes a toll. There are bigger guys in the NFL who can run with you.

It would really be shocking if VY was able to play the same kind of game in the pro.

That's if someone doesn't try to convert him to a WR or safety.

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

pk500 wrote:
lexbur wrote:My vote goes for Archie Griffin.

Heck, anyone can win ONE Heisman.
True, but Walker should have won three! :)

Take care,
PK

Its hard to argue with Marcus winning in 81. However, I do think Herschel should have won in 80 over George Rogers. However, Herschel was a freshman that year.

Who was the last freshman to win?

I am also a little biased. Herschel Walker is the main reason I went to Georgia.

I am not saying he is the greatest as I don't remember too much but the highlights and the stats.

I do know Reggie Bush is pretty good - the best college back I have seen in years.

BD