PS3 Impressions Yes Another One....

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PS3 Impressions Yes Another One....

Post by Danimal »

People are praising PSN being back up? it's only been down for almost a month. LMAO

SDF people make me chuckle.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Danimal wrote:People are praising PSN being back up? it's only been down for almost a month. LMAO

SDF people make me chuckle.

I think they are called fanboys.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Well at least it is faster now. I was able to download an update in a reasonable time.
Follow Me on:

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Yea. it's up. good. Stop the celebrating already... this was a complete cluster ;)

Ok. with all the bad PS3 pub as of late I must say that a month into owning a PS3 i've come to the conclusion that Little Big Planet may be worth the price of admission all by itself. I find this game simply amazing and fits for all ages. Between this and The Show, i've not even gotten to Uncharted 2 yet.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

Just my luck -- PSN comes back this weekend and I get the YLOD on my launch system. With the rumors of an E3 price drop, I hate springing $300 now but sure am tempted to do so to play LA Noire tomorrow and to finally be able to play with the updated Show rosters. Think I'll give it another day or two and see if there's any more news about a pending PS3 price drop.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

GTHobbes wrote:Just my luck -- PSN comes back this weekend and I get the YLOD on my launch system. With the rumors of an E3 price drop, I hate springing $300 now but sure am tempted to do so to play LA Noire tomorrow and to finally be able to play with the updated Show rosters. Think I'll give it another day or two and see if there's any more news about a pending PS3 price drop.
GT don't send it off to Sony. Send it to these guys, they reflow/resolder your system. They've gotten great reviews too. http://www.gophermods.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=35

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

Rodster wrote:
GTHobbes wrote:Just my luck -- PSN comes back this weekend and I get the YLOD on my launch system. With the rumors of an E3 price drop, I hate springing $300 now but sure am tempted to do so to play LA Noire tomorrow and to finally be able to play with the updated Show rosters. Think I'll give it another day or two and see if there's any more news about a pending PS3 price drop.
GT don't send it off to Sony. Send it to these guys, they reflow/resolder your system. They've gotten great reviews too. http://www.gophermods.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=35
Thanks, Rod...I appreciate the heads up. Too late for my machine though...I had The Show in the system when I got the YLOD and couldn't resist the urge to take it apart myself. I did get the game out, but I realized afterwards that I'd cost myself the $70 or whatever gamestop gives for broken systems. Oh well, live and learn. :?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Man that sucks GT, they would've gotten the game out for you as part of the service. I still have a working launch system I would never part with. The original PS3 was awesome.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Pretty sweet welcome back package!!!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/ ... h-america/

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

sportdan30 wrote:Pretty sweet welcome back package!!!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/ ... h-america/

Some really old games available for 30 days knowing most people won't even take advantage of it. 30 days free of their pay service, yeah that seems great. "sorry we f***ed up and lost all your personal info, hey why don't you see what you're missing by not paying us" They are essentially using this opportunity to advertise for themselves.

Hey can't forget I can get a free credit report.
Follow Me on:

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Well, I'm certainly taking advantage of the two free games... Going with Little Big Planet and Infamous. You can keep being negative, but at least they're attempting to to make retribution. I'm not happy with how things transpired but appreciate what they are doing. Not to mention their continued updates.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I wished Siren was on that list :(

I'll probably get Dead Nation and LBP. I hated LBP but you can't hate free. So if you own a PS3 and PSP do they give you 2 each? :)

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I'm happy since it was down well before I received my ps3.

My daughter loves Rachet and Clank!

I'm all signed in now, MizzouRah0971 if anyone wants to add me.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

sportdan30 wrote:Well, I'm certainly taking advantage of the two free games... Going with Little Big Planet and Infamous. You can keep being negative, but at least they're attempting to to make retribution. I'm not happy with how things transpired but appreciate what they are doing. Not to mention their continued updates.
Agreed.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

I'll probably go with Infamous and Dead Nation since I already have LBP and Wipeout. On the PSP side I have everything being offered but will still probably get a couple of the games since it will be faster load times once it's on a memory stick. I do not think the whole hacker deal is as big as some in the media made it out to be other than the inconvenience of not being able to use PSN for a few weeks. Crap happens from time to time and I think Sony is cool to give people free games. Even if they offered nothing I would have been fine with it and enjoyed PSN now that it is back up like nothing ever happened. I'm not into online gaming enough to get mad and stay mad over a few weeks of not having PSN.

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

toonarmy wrote:I'll probably go with Infamous and Dead Nation since I already have LBP and Wipeout. On the PSP side I have everything being offered but will still probably get a couple of the games since it will be faster load times once it's on a memory stick. I do not think the whole hacker deal is as big as some in the media made it out to be other than the inconvenience of not being able to use PSN for a few weeks. Crap happens from time to time and I think Sony is cool to give people free games. Even if they offered nothing I would have been fine with it and enjoyed PSN now that it is back up like nothing ever happened. I'm not into online gaming enough to get mad and stay mad over a few weeks of not having PSN.
Kind of sums up my thoughts.

I'll be upgrading Wipeout to Wipeout w. Fury and picking up Stardust HD (already own Infamous, LBP)

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Sweet, Dead Nation and inFamous will be mine. Those are the only 2 that I don't have.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

So does this mean I can already go download my 2 free games?

My PSN has been back up for 2 days.

Guess I'm getting LBP and Infamous.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

jLp vAkEr0 wrote:So does this mean I can already go download my 2 free games?

My PSN has been back up for 2 days.

Guess I'm getting LBP and Infamous.
PSN being back up doesn't mean the Playstation STORE is up.

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

I'll grab Infamous and Dead Nation once the store is back up.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

sportdan30 wrote:Well, I'm certainly taking advantage of the two free games... Going with Little Big Planet and Infamous.
I think Ill grab those two also. I had Infamous but never really gave it a chance cause of other games and I have always wanted to check out LBP.

I am not above being bought.... I actually would appreciate more bribes. 8)

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Free is Free. Infamous is the only one I have any interest in. LBP does nothing for me and I have never heard of the others.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Diablo25 wrote:Free is Free. Infamous is the only one I have any interest in. LBP does nothing for me and I have never heard of the others.
Correct, can't argue with free. Was hoping for the Siren but i'll pickup LBP and Dead Nation, don't have either. Everything else on that list I own on disc.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I wish I were making this s*** up

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/psn- ... -20110518/

Hey at least they are buying people off, maybe by the end of this we'll all get a free NGP or WTF it's called.
Follow Me on:

LAking
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by LAking »

Danimal wrote:I wish I were making this s*** up

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/psn- ... -20110518/

Hey at least they are buying people off, maybe by the end of this we'll all get a free NGP or WTF it's called.
This is a misleading article. The system wasn't "hacked" again. It was just brought to Sony's attention that since everyone's usernames and passwords were stolen by the hackers to begin with they could use that info to log into PSN and do the mandatory password change before you got a chance.
"Be tolerant of those who describe a sporting moment as their best ever. We do not lack imagination, nor have we had sad and barren lives; it is just that real life is paler, duller, and contains less potential for unexpected delirium." -Nick Hornby