XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: New Xbox AND PS4 Info/Rumors

Post by Feanor »

Rodster wrote:I just got confirmation from Amazon that my PS4 will arrive on release day. Anyone else get a confirmation from Amazon? I still haven't decided on a game yet. :P
I got FSSS, so it might take a week for it to arrive.

I'm not pre-ordering any games. Since I have PS+ I'll be able to play DriveClub (and maybe Resogun) for the first week, and then they hopefully get AC 4 on a Black Friday sale for $35.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

When did these confirmations arrive and what is the subject line. I ordered both systems with Day 1 and I haven't seen anything from Amazon
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:When did these confirmations arrive and what is the subject line. I ordered both systems with Day 1 and I haven't seen anything from Amazon
Weren't actual confirmations per se. They were both, date updates...where they moved the date UP to the actual release date that both Microsoft and Sony announced. Here's my email:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Feanor wrote:
Rodster wrote:I just got confirmation from Amazon that my PS4 will arrive on release day. Anyone else get a confirmation from Amazon? I still haven't decided on a game yet. :P

I'm not pre-ordering any games. Since I have PS+ I'll be able to play DriveClub (and maybe Resogun) for the first week, and then they hopefully get AC 4 on a Black Friday sale for $35.
Is Drive Club playable just week 1? I may look into PSN+ if I decide to keep my PS4.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Thanks DB I got those a while ago. I thought they sent something some kind of confirmation.
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Rodster wrote:
Feanor wrote:

Is Drive Club playable just week 1? I may look into PSN+ if I decide to keep my PS4.
From the producer...
"It may be missing a few assets such as cars or tracks, that will be found in the full version," says the team. "However the online multiplayer, the asynchronous challenges and the single player campaign will all be present in the PS Plus version."
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Just an FYI for anyone that has not pre-ordered an Xbox One - Day One Edition, it appears that Target and Walmart are the only retailers left taking pre-orders, and they are only offering bundles (console and game, console and controllers, etc.)

Walmart's cheapest bundle is $559 with a game or controller, and requires 10% down payment, with the earliest available arrival date of 11/26/2013. Target's cheapest bundle is $619 with 2 controllers and a game, also with the earliest available arrival date of 11/26/2013. In other words, they both say they ship on 11/22/2013, and in store pickup is not an option.

So it does not appear that there are any options left if you want to have an Xbox One on 11/22/2013.

http://www.target.com/c/xbox-one-video- ... =lnav_shop

http://www.walmart.com/browse/video-gam ... neRevealed

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/pre- ... /retailers

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

It looks like the Walmart pre-orders are now sold out. I have been holding out on a Xbox One pre-order, as the only game I care about at this point for next gen is Forza 5. However, I really, really want Forza 5. That would be one damn expensive game though. Plus I would need to buy a new wheel, and the only known FF XB1 wheel is the Thrustmaster for $399. So over $1000 to play one game. I should just upgrade my PC and racing gear for that. Oh well, the longer I wait, the more likely the decision will be made for me that I will not have an Xbox One on release day.
DChaps wrote:Just an FYI for anyone that has not pre-ordered an Xbox One - Day One Edition, it appears that Target and Walmart are the only retailers left taking pre-orders, and they are only offering bundles (console and game, console and controllers, etc.)

Walmart's cheapest bundle is $559 with a game or controller, and requires 10% down payment, with the earliest available arrival date of 11/26/2013. Target's cheapest bundle is $619 with 2 controllers and a game, also with the earliest available arrival date of 11/26/2013. In other words, they both say they ship on 11/22/2013, and in store pickup is not an option.

So it does not appear that there are any options left if you want to have an Xbox One on 11/22/2013.

http://www.target.com/c/xbox-one-video- ... =lnav_shop

http://www.walmart.com/browse/video-gam ... neRevealed

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/pre- ... /retailers

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

That's why I preordered the XONE from Microsoft so I can play Forza 5. It's guaranteed to run in Full HD @ 60FPS.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:That's why I preordered the XONE from Microsoft so I can play Forza 5. It's guaranteed to run in Full HD @ 60FPS.
Forza 5 is the only game I pre-ordered with my Day 1 console...so yeah...I'm in.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

DChaps wrote:It looks like the Walmart pre-orders are now sold out. I have been holding out on a Xbox One pre-order, as the only game I care about at this point for next gen is Forza 5. However, I really, really want Forza 5. That would be one damn expensive game though. Plus I would need to buy a new wheel, and the only known FF XB1 wheel is the Thrustmaster for $399. So over $1000 to play one game. I should just upgrade my PC and racing gear for that. Oh well, the longer I wait, the more likely the decision will be made for me that I will not have an Xbox One on release day.
This time around I very quickly realized, it makes zero sense NOT to preorder. First of all, you could cancel you preorder, so you really aren't making your decision at the time of preorder, but rather as you approach whatever deadline your retailer of choice gives you for cancellation. Secondly, you can wait until you receive the unit and then decide if you'd rather sell it on eBay for a tidy little profit or to someone you know for no net loss to yourself. However, if you wait until you are 100% sure you actually want the device, it will be too late to preorder.

Make no mistake, the initial several months' worth of units produced will be quickly sold out. It is unlikely that there will be units easily available on store shelves or listed as "in stock" at Amazon before April or May at the earliest. It's not so much that these devices are guaranteed to be huge successes for either Sony or MS, but rather that there are only so many that can be manufactured in a month. There are easily enough early adopters to soak up the first six-plus months' worth of units right off the bat.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Months ago I wasn't sure so I preordered both at Bestbuy. I decided to keep xbox one. PS4 I will sell for profit if possible or just return to the store.
I have 4 games ordered for xbox one: BF4, NBA 2K14, COD Ghosts and AC4. I am not sure about Ghosts.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I've decided that i'm going to hold off on EA Sports games. The 1-2 years they tend to disappoint. The only game i'm waiting for on the PS4 is The Show.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Rodster wrote:I've decided that i'm going to hold off on EA Sports games. The 1-2 years they tend to disappoint. The only game i'm waiting for on the PS4 is The Show.
I'm most definitely getting Fifa and most likely a basketball game as well, but agree that The Show is my most anticipated sports game on the PS4. Heck, it's my most anticipated game of any genre for that matter.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

What exactly are you expecting from the Show next gen, upgraded visuals?

I don't see a new to buy a new system if your main entertainment is sports games. I don't see one thing in the next gen sports game information that is out that would make me buy a new console.
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:What exactly are you expecting from the Show next gen, upgraded visuals?
Yes and other enhancements the team wanted to use but found the PS3 hardware lacking.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Upgraded visuals is a big part. These are video games after all.

Especially if you don't have a gaming PC set up, though there aren't that many sports games on PCs these days.

This generation has been about 2-3 years longer than previous generations, so there is probably some pent up demand for new hardware.

Yeah if you wait a year, there's a chance of a price cut and certainly a lot better games. But at most, we're talking about $100 price cut if you wait until next year, if there is a price cut after just one year.

That $100 would have been a big deal if we're still in our 20s, making a lot less money than we are now. But now, $100 for one year of better visuals is not that steep.

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

wco81 wrote:Upgraded visuals is a big part. These are video games after all.

Especially if you don't have a gaming PC set up, though there aren't that many sports games on PCs these days.

This generation has been about 2-3 years longer than previous generations, so there is probably some pent up demand for new hardware.

Yeah if you wait a year, there's a chance of a price cut and certainly a lot better games. But at most, we're talking about $100 price cut if you wait until next year, if there is a price cut after just one year.

That $100 would have been a big deal if we're still in our 20s, making a lot less money than we are now. But now, $100 for one year of better visuals is not that steep.
I'm more interested in waiting for the version 2.0 of the next gen hardware, more so than a price cut.
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

You mean smaller, quieter, slim models?

That might be more 2-3 years out.

Supposedly the X1 is going to be quiet, with big fans with lower RPMs. They want people to keep it on all the time so it must have more aggressive energy saving modes.

At least the PS4 is flat so you can stack it more easily with other components.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I was thinking of stacking the consoles but from the pictures i've seen it appears there is a large vent above the XONE cooling fan. It looks like that might be blocked if you put the PS4 on top of it.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I would NEVER stack a game system after dealing with the RROD 5 times this generation. I never stacked them before, but there's something to be said for having free flowing air around the entire console if at all possible. I'll stand by that forever.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:I would NEVER stack a game system after dealing with the RROD 5 times this generation. I never stacked them before, but there's something to be said for having free flowing air around the entire console if at all possible. I'll stand by that forever.
Absolutely. Console systems are like dudes with hideous B.O.: They need room to air out.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Danimal wrote:What exactly are you expecting from the Show next gen, upgraded visuals?

I don't see a new to buy a new system if your main entertainment is sports games. I don't see one thing in the next gen sports game information that is out that would make me buy a new console.
It's not my only reason I'm purchasing the PS4, but I'm not making the same mistake I did previously by going with the 360 initially. I greatly prefer Sony's exclusives to MS. Plus, there is nothing that tells me that MS is going to have a great baseball game on their system anytime soon.

The possibilities are endless. I don't expect the first Next Gen Show version to include a ton of new features, but I expect it to be a pretty signifcant upgrade from this year's game both visually and presentation wise.

Just a few things on my wish list:

Updated player models, stadiums, crowds, atmosphere.

This is a developing team that seemingly listens to their fans, so I expect for the presentation to be refreshed and significantly better. Perhaps a highlight show of the day's games.

Better looking uniforms that don't have that painted on look.

Improved A.I. intelligence (lineup shuffling for example)

Dynamic weather (rain outs, double headers)

More user control when it comes to in the field.

Deeper franchise options

Cut aways to other game highlights

Three team trades

Ball boys

Player personalities (more emotions from the players)

Increased hit varience

More stat overlays

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Don't get me wrong I want better sports games, especially The Show as its a bit stale IMO. I'm just asking did I miss something? I haven't seen anything on any next gen sports games except for the EA Ignite engine crap which seems like marketing fluff.

I know it is a safe assumption but has a version of the Show for the PS4 even been confirmed? Maybe now that the consoles are essentially PC's it will be released on the PC.

Anyway my point is I am not expecting much of anything from the 1st wave of next gen sports titles.
Follow Me on: