MLB 2012 Season

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MLB 2012 Season

Post by dbdynsty25 »

All of the excitement in the Yankee/Tiger game and I still cannot get over now absolutely brutal American League baseball is. Longest...innings...ever...and...even...the announcers...have...to...talk...like...this...so...that...they...can...fill...all...of...the...dead...airtime. Ugh.

And as good as an interview that John Smoltz is...he's pretty horrible as a color guy.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Jeter done.. huge blow for the Yankees.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

dbdynsty25 wrote:All of the excitement in the Yankee/Tiger game and I still cannot get over now absolutely brutal American League baseball is. Longest...innings...ever...and...even...the announcers...have...to...talk...like...this...so...that...they...can...fill...all...of...the...dead...airtime. Ugh.

And as good as an interview that John Smoltz is...he's pretty horrible as a color guy.
I am pretty sure Yankees fans don't mind one bit the extra innings although one has to wonder if this trend continues how much left they'll have in the tank. Agree on the announcers, just bland, boring commentary and for a casual baseball watcher who happens to catch a few innings, those guys will only encourage you to switch to another channel.

Big loss for NY in Jeter, but besides A-Rod guys like Cano, Granderson, Swisher need to pick it now more than ever...

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Great start by Waino. Nice bounce back after the poor outing versus the Nationals.

Nice to see a couple hits and 2 RBI by Holliday.

Finally, Craig gets a hit in the series. He's been struggling!

What more can be said about M. Carpenter and Pete Kozma?!?!?

Not overly confident with Lynn on the mound in game five and would be extremely nervous if the series goes back to San Fran.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

sportdan30 wrote:Great start by Waino. Nice bounce back after the poor outing versus the Nationals.

Nice to see a couple hits and 2 RBI by Holliday.

Finally, Craig gets a hit in the series. He's been struggling!

What more can be said about M. Carpenter and Pete Kozma?!?!?

Not overly confident with Lynn on the mound in game five and would be extremely nervous if the series goes back to San Fran.
We face Zito.. I think we wrap it up. We also have a fully rested bullpen.

Agree with everything else you said, let's go Cardinals!

AJColossal
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AJColossal »

Fair enough, Detroit.

Now go &$@& the Cardinals until their $&@! falls off and use that $&@? for batting practice.

And Cardinals fans, I mean that with all due respect. (Lol, smiley face, lol, xoxoxo)

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I am saying that A-Rod will play for a new team next season.

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

10spro wrote:I am saying that A-Rod will play for a new team next season.
You may be right, but I can't see them willing to pay for his contract while playing elsewhere. If that's the case, who would actually take on that money? Why would Miami want to overpay, after shedding some of their contracts earlier in the year - wouldn't make sense. Obviously, the Dodgers are an option, but holy, they would really be playing with fire by adding Arod's contract to Crawfords, Hanley's, etc...

I think once everyone has taken a step back from the ALCS, they'll realize that Arod isn't going anywhere - No way Swisher is back though.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Too many blown chances tonight. 2nd and 3rd with no outs and you don't score?

Matheny should of had Lynn on a shorter leash.

Terrible decision by Lynn to throw to 2nd...opened up the 4th inning scoring.

Gotta bad feeling about the Cards going back to San Fran. Memories of being up 3-1 against the Braves and scoring 1 run the remaining 3 games.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

sportdan30 wrote:Gotta bad feeling about the Cards going back to San Fran. Memories of being up 3-1 against the Braves and scoring 1 run the remaining 3 games.
1996 was a great year. Well not so much...remember, that's the year the Braves, up 2-0 against the Yankees and 4-1 late in game 3, gave up the Leyritz homer and went on to lose that game and the next 3. That was a bad playoff season for both of us.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

sportdan30 wrote:Too many blown chances tonight. 2nd and 3rd with no outs and you don't score?

Matheny should of had Lynn on a shorter leash.

Terrible decision by Lynn to throw to 2nd...opened up the 4th inning scoring.

Gotta bad feeling about the Cards going back to San Fran. Memories of being up 3-1 against the Braves and scoring 1 run the remaining 3 games.
That throw killed it. 4 unearned runs.. UGH!!!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I guess if you're gonna choke you might as well choke big. It really is like the braves series...didn't the cards lose by like ten in game 7?

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Horrible showing by the Cardinals tonight for sure.. oh well, the Tigers will win the series in 5 anyway. :)

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

MizzouRah wrote:Horrible showing by the Cardinals tonight for sure.. oh well, the Tigers will win the series in 5 anyway. :)
Well, SFO for some reason excels when they have a gun pointing at them. And they obviously like the pressure.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

10spro wrote: Well, SFO for some reason excels when they have a gun pointing at them. And they obviously like the pressure.
I just think Detroit is too deep, they have pitching AND hitting. The Cardinals played great, but no Furcal at SS, Holliday missed a game, Beltran missed a game.. and our SP isn't top notch.

Maybe I'm wrong, but they can have fun with Verlander in Game 1. :)

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

MizzouRah wrote:
10spro wrote: Well, SFO for some reason excels when they have a gun pointing at them. And they obviously like the pressure.
I just think Detroit is too deep, they have pitching AND hitting. The Cardinals played great, but no Furcal at SS, Holliday missed a game, Beltran missed a game.. and our SP isn't top notch.

Maybe I'm wrong, but they can have fun with Verlander in Game 1. :)
Yeah, don't get me wrong. I also think that Cabrera and Verlander will win the WS but not in 5. Just have been very impressed with the no die bring it on attitude SFO had in these playoffs.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Giants in 6.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I'm an NL guy and as long as it's not the Reds or the Brewers (hey, I wouldn't mind seeing the Cubs actually win one) I hope the Giants beat the Tigers.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Outscored 20-1 in the last three games. Pathetic!

With that said, if anyone has followed the Cardinals this year, then they will know that their offense will go stagnant for a stretch of a few games. Unfortunately, it happened in a key three games.

I never wish for a migraine (I'm prone to them...) but thankfully it kicked in last night around 6:30, so I didin't watch one second of the game. Still, my 10 year old son was quick to remind me we were down 1-0, then 7-0. Oh well, didn't hurt as bad not watching it.

Sure we had Carp and Waino, but they weren't themselves. Neither of them pitched liked aces, more like number 3s or 4s. I expect Wainwright to be much better next year, and hopefully Carpenter regains his form after surgery.

If there was ever a player I thought that would remain consistent throughout, it was Craig. He never got on track! Very disappointing.

The Presidential debate and the MNF were on last night, so maybe the game was overshadowed a bit....one can hope.

I like the Tigers in 5 or 6.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Sadly, I turned to the debate at eight and just kept track of the diaster via my iPad.

I'm pulling for the Giants, but I think it will be a good series.

And yeah, this pattern of blowing up big in Game 7's after being up 3-1 sucks. Happened in '85, too.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Cards have all these flamethrowers in the pen who are supposedly the future.

Maybe they should have started a couple of them.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I imagine that time is coming. It's why they are going to let Lohse walk.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I can't wait to see what becomes of Rosenthal.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

WORLD CHAMPS ONCE AGAIN!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

It's good to see those b*tches in the American Softball league with their weak ass DH crap get their ass handed to them by a real pitching staff. NL for life.