The NFL 2014-2015

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The NFL 2014-2015

Post by vinny-b »

Inuyasha wrote:

I guess nobody wants Cutler.

but he has a better arm then John Elway. lol

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Inuyasha wrote:I guess nobody wants Cutler.
Jeff George 2.0.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

In addition to Foles, the Rams will also get Philadelphia's fourth-round pick in 2015 and second-round pick in 2016. The Eagles will get St. Louis' fifth-round pick in 2015 in addition to Bradford.

However, if Bradford is not the Eagles' starting quarterback this season, Philadelphia will get its 2016 pick back from the Rams, a source told Schefter.

Interesting trade.....
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

sportdan30 wrote:Rams trade Bradford for Foles.
MizzouRah wrote:In addition to Foles, the Rams will also get Philadelphia's fourth-round pick in 2015 and second-round pick in 2016. The Eagles will get St. Louis' fifth-round pick in 2015 in addition to Bradford.

However, if Bradford is not the Eagles' starting quarterback this season, Philadelphia will get its 2016 pick back from the Rams, a source told Schefter.

Interesting trade.....
I will need to ponder further but my initial thoughts...

Its better than cutting him to save the money. Bradford is a guy who cant finish a season.

Never a big Foles fan but I will learn. I hope. It sure doesnt hurt that he costs a lot less and came with a conditional 2nd round pick.

Fisher!...Use that money along with the Wells and Jake Long $$$ well...or else.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

This is what I don't understand about that trade. Doesn't Philly want a mobile QB who can get rid of the ball fast on the run? Or is that just a nice to have? Because a guy with two repaired ACL's doesn't sound ideal.

An yes no one wants Cutler, thank Emery for that pile of s***.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Gonna have to wait and see on this Bradford/Foles trade. Crazy day.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

TCrouch wrote:I'd kill almost anyone for a couple of 10 win seasons.
:lol: I got a good chuckle out of this.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

XXXIV wrote:

Its better than cutting him to save the money. Bradford is a guy who cant finish a season.

Never a big Foles fan but I will learn. I hope. It sure doesnt hurt that he costs a lot less and came with a conditional 2nd round pick.

We cleared some much needed cap space and Foles is can at least get out of the pocket better than Bradford. I see us getting an OL in the first round I guess.

On paper I like it, even though I will cringe if he becomes the QB we all hoped he would in Philly. :)

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

MizzouRah wrote:
XXXIV wrote:

We cleared some much needed cap space and Foles is can at least get out of the pocket better than Bradford. I see us getting an OL in the first round I guess.

On paper I like it, even though I will cringe if he becomes the QB we all hoped he would in Philly. :)
Foles two years ago couldn't throw a pick if he tried...then last year they were coming, it seemed, two at a time. I didn't hate him but didn't love him. He's a a very mellow, not very excitable guy. Not that that is bad but he's just not my type of QB. Perhaps St Louis (smaller market, etc. ) is a better fit. I don't know. My head is still spinning.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

bkrich83
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bkrich83 »

Danimal wrote:This is what I don't understand about that trade. Doesn't Philly want a mobile QB who can get rid of the ball fast on the run? Or is that just a nice to have? Because a guy with two repaired ACL's doesn't sound ideal.

An yes no one wants Cutler, thank Emery for that pile of s***.
Mobile QB's are not a neccesity to run that offense. The beauty of that offense is you can have one or you can use a traditional pocket passer. Biggest requirement is a QB that can make quick decisions based on what the defense is giving you. Besides you're going to see even less read option/QB run type stuff in the league, as people are figuring out that QB's don't survive running those types of plays long in the NFL. Defenders are simply to quick to react and it's tough for a QB to survive 16 games taking the shots they do. Russell Wilson is the exception to the rule as he somehow manages to avoid hits, but if you watch Seattle, you see fewer and fewer designed runs for him.

Accuracy and quick decision making are the key.
-BK

bkrich83
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bkrich83 »

Diablo25 wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:
XXXIV wrote:

Foles two years ago couldn't throw a pick if he tried...then last year they were coming, it seemed, two at a time. I didn't hate him but didn't love him. He's a a very mellow, not very excitable guy. Not that that is bad but he's just not my type of QB. Perhaps St Louis (smaller market, etc. ) is a better fit. I don't know. My head is still spinning.
Foles is who he is. He's a smart kid who maximized his abilities and was most effective when the Philly run game was getting yardage in chunks. He's got some physical limitations and I think what we saw last year from him is essentially who he is.

Just my .02 on watching him, I probably saw 7 or 8 Eagles games last year.
Inuyasha wrote:Bradford foles is to setup a kapernick trade the sports radio ppl are saying here.

I guess nobody wants Cutler.
Jay Cutler has to be one of the most frustrating QB's I've ever seen. Physically he might be one of the top 5 most talented if not most talented QB's in the league. From a strictly drop back, setup, release, delivery standpoint he's as good as any QB out there. His problems are from the neck up. Problem is coaches see that kind of ability and think they can fix him, and he'll always get another shot. He literally is Jeff George 2.0, who make no mistake about was incredibly gifted physically as a passer.
-BK

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

BK do you consider Bradford a step up from Foles? I guess that is where I'm kind of thrown, a guy who hasn't played much in two years learning a new system with knee problems against a guy who knows the system and is coming off a broken collar bone. I just can't imagine there is not something else going on here. Maybe I'm not giving Bradford enough credit idk.

The Bears are looking a Antrel Rolle which is like a 1000% upgrade over anyone in the past 5 years. I'm surprised no one has signed Chris Conte yet... :D
Follow Me on:

bkrich83
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bkrich83 »

Danimal wrote:BK do you consider Bradford a step up from Foles? I guess that is where I'm kind of thrown, a guy who hasn't played much in two years learning a new system with knee problems against a guy who knows the system and is coming off a broken collar bone. I just can't imagine there is not something else going on here. Maybe I'm not giving Bradford enough credit idk.

The Bears are looking a Antrel Rolle which is like a 1000% upgrade over anyone in the past 5 years. I'm surprised no one has signed Chris Conte yet... :D
Tough to say, because I am not sure where he is physically after all the injuries. If he's back to being where he was 2 years ago physically I absolutely see him as an upgrade. He can make throws Foles simply wasn't capable of, and he is, or at least was pretty good as a passer outside the pocket on the move. I thought he was really starting to show the type of QB he could be despite limited talent around him before he got hurt again. If he's healthy and if he's physically capable of being the QB he was before the injuries I see this as a significant upgrade to the Eagles ability to push the ball downfield in the pass game.

The other question is after a couple of serious injuries, where is he mentally. Can he put it behind him and really let it go, without thinking about it. Guys coming off major knee injuries sometimes never recover mentally because they are too concerned with taking hits or reinjuring themselves.

I
-BK

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

bkrich83 wrote:
Danimal wrote:BK do you consider Bradford a step up from Foles? I guess that is where I'm kind of thrown, a guy who hasn't played much in two years learning a new system with knee problems against a guy who knows the system and is coming off a broken collar bone. I just can't imagine there is not something else going on here. Maybe I'm not giving Bradford enough credit idk.

Tough to say, because I am not sure where he is physically after all the injuries. If he's back to being where he was 2 years ago physically I absolutely see him as an upgrade. He can make throws Foles simply wasn't capable of, and he is, or at least was pretty good as a passer outside the pocket on the move. I thought he was really starting to show the type of QB he could be despite limited talent around him before he got hurt again. If he's healthy and if he's physically capable of being the QB he was before the injuries I see this as a significant upgrade to the Eagles ability to push the ball downfield in the pass game.

The other question is after a couple of serious injuries, where is he mentally. Can he put it behind him and really let it go, without thinking about it. Guys coming off major knee injuries sometimes never recover mentally because they are too concerned with taking hits or reinjuring themselves.

I
Sam has been knocked out of three seasons.

I dont see how it is not on his mind.

I always liked him. Did everything the right way. No bullshit. I hope he succeeds at the highest level.

bkrich83
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bkrich83 »

XXXIV wrote:
bkrich83 wrote:

I

I always liked him. Did everything the right way. No bullshit. I hope he succeeds at the highest level.
And he suffered a major injury his last year at OU I believe. That's tough to overcome.
-BK

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

XXXIV wrote:

I do too.. have always liked him except when my Tigers played OU. I just think at some point you have to move on from an injury prone player, especially at QB. I believe he's another injury from being knocked out of the NFL.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Rodster wrote:Saints trade Graham to the Seahawks, wow.
With Zach Miller being released recently, I don't thnk the coaches have full trust in rookie Luke Willson just yet. In fact during the SB, I don't recall one ball being directed at him. He's a work in progress and with Miller being injured it was a position that SEA definitely needed to upgrade on.

A healthy Graham is a big boost for this team.

Having said that, I will miss Max Unger one of the best C's and who's instrumental at making key blocks for M. Lynch who will probably miss him the most.

Russell Wilson finally gets a legitimate top receiver and with his ability to run the option, the offense just got more dangerous with Jimmy G.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

It seems like the bradford deal is just to position Philly (in some way) to make a draft day trade to get Mariota. It's hard to imagine Chip Kelly is saying "yes, now I have my QB!" with Bradford. I picture the Eagles having an entirely different QB week 1 (of some sort). [as I read what I just wrote, it could be summed up as 'who knows what the hell they are thinking?']
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I wish I could of retired at 26 like Jake Locker.
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Fitzpatrick to the Jets. Can't wait for BM's reaction to that. :)

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

greggsand wrote:It seems like the bradford deal is just to position Philly (in some way) to make a draft day trade to get Mariota. It's hard to imagine Chip Kelly is saying "yes, now I have my QB!" with Bradford. I picture the Eagles having an entirely different QB week 1 (of some sort). [as I read what I just wrote, it could be summed up as 'who knows what the hell they are thinking?']
I dont know where he is going to find a team willing to pay the 13 million to Bradford.

Maybe the Bears if he would be willing to pay Cutlers 16 million?

Who knows? Is so right.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

It's official now lets see if the NFL goes after the Phins for breaking the FA negotiating rules.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

They haven't settled deflate gate but they're going to prioritize the FA tampering?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Need to see Wilfork and Rolle in Indy along w/ the newly signed Andre Johnson and Gore. The U remastered!

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Wow on the DeMarco Murray signing. As much as I've wondered if Kelly knows what he's doing, appropriating his biggest rival's main offensive weapon is huge. Will be interesting to see if Ryan Mathews actually joins Philly now, but either way, that's quite the coup for the Eagles.