The NFL 2014-2015

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The NFL 2014-2015

Post by sportdan30 »

Bills trade for LeSean McCoy...wow!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12415 ... falo-bills

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

This deal indicates three realities for the Bills​.

One, Rex Ryan probably is going to scrap a traditional 4-3 defense for some sort of 4-3 Under or 3-4, negating the need for a traditional middle linebacker.

Two, Ryan and Bills' management think Buffalo's defense can continue to thrive without Alonso, who tore up his knee during preseason and didn't play in 2014.

Three, the Bills realize it's going to be very tough to get a decent QB via free agency or the draft this offseason. So they grabbed Shady and will go ground and pound this season.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Always better to move a RB a year or two early rather than a year or two late...especially in today's league.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Also Kelly must really like the guys he had in college?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Bears trading Marshall to the Jets.

I don't get that move at all.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:Bears trading Marshall to the Jets.

I don't get that move at all.
He's not a winner. He's the ultimate numbers first guy and you should be praising the move. Get out from under that contract and get a pick? Score.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Can't wait for the first of many in your face shouting matches with Geno Smith. :P

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:Can't wait for the first of many in your face shouting matches with Geno Smith. :P
Seriously...he thought Chad Henne was bad, just wait! A few games of run only w/ like 10 passes (like the miami game last year), and Marshall is just going to quit.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

dbdynsty25 wrote: He's not a winner. He's the ultimate numbers first guy and you should be praising the move. Get out from under that contract and get a pick? Score.
I haven't seen what they got for him at this point. This leaves Jefferies as the Bears #1 receiver who I don't think is even a top 5 #2 receiver. I guess if this move is followed by a Cutler release or trade and it's a total rebuild then I'm ok with it.
Follow Me on:

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

If they pick up Randall Cobb it makes a ton of sense.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rumor is they got a 5th round pick. Also rumor is Cutler is next *fingers crossed*
Follow Me on:

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I thought Marshall had a very sub par year last season. I had him on my fantasy team, and he was extremely inconsistent. Not a top 5 receiver in my opinion, although he was hurt a bit during the year.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

sportdan30 wrote:Although he was hurt a bit during the year.
He was hurt the whole year, it's a salary dump so let's see what they do with it. Apparently getting a partner for Cutler is impossible as expected. I hope Emery got a cut of that God awful contract.
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Word out of Miami is they want to throw max money at Suh.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:Word out of Miami is they want to throw max money at Suh.
So will everyone else. Just depends where he wants to play. No tax in FL...come on down!

Don't get your hopes up. Yes, Jeff Ireland is gone, so no one will likely ask him if his mom is a prostitute, but no one really respects Miami...so we'll see.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Who the hell will throw the ball to Marshall? Brandon Marshall and Geno Smith on the same roster is like having a Lamborghini in your garage without an engine.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Heard something like a $17 million per year deal for Suh?

He may be the best interior DL but Detroit didn't have much of a defense until this past year. Even when they got off to a 5-0 start a couple of years ago, they got trapped easily and got gashed on runs because the DL was so undisciplined.

For all that, Detroit was one and done (probably should have won in Dallas though). Even if Suh wanted to stay in Detroit, the money they're giving to the QB and Megatron makes it difficult if not impossible.

That's a lot of money to give to a DT but presumably a team like Miami can do it because they don't have a QB with a huge contract yet. That's also true of Watt in Houston to a certain extent. If they landed a Pro Bowl QB and had to sign him to a big contract, Watt would probably be forced to restructure or get dropped off the team because under the cap, it's hard to give that much money to a non QB.

Even then, the record of teams which give big contracts to QBs and winning isn't that great. Flacco won the SB before the big contract and now, he's going to be a $28 million hit to the cap next year for Baltimore. They're going to have to let players go from the team as it is and they're going to have a harder problem next year, unless some rookies play out of their minds, allowing them to get rid of a lot of high-priced vets.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

My first thought on the bears trade.

You traded the wrong guy.

Trade a guy who produces and keep a guy who is basically a piece of s*** on every level.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

It will be easier for Marshall to do Inside the NFL if he's in New York. That's at least some consolation for him.

It's a shame because he was the best player acquisition the Bears have ever made. Two third rounders for what he did in the next two seasons was a steal. But he's 31, has hip issues, and obviously still has issues playing well with others. With the cap savings, the move makes sense, but I'm sorry to see him go because he is a tough m-fer and played really well until everything fell apart last year. Plus he is a very good blocking WR and was a big help on Forte's outside runs.

I have no clue what they will do with Cutler. They clearly don't want him, but that's a big dead cap sandwich to eat if they can't swindle the Titans into taking him. I have a feeling they hold onto him if they can't trade him, and just try to focus their draft and free agent spending on defense, another o-lineman, and a receiver to start opposite Alshon Jeffrey.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12444 ... i-dolphins

Interesting. Not sure how I feel about it yet. Need to see where the rest of the money goes.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

QB money for a DT.

Haynesworth didn't live up to the contract he got from the Redskins. Suh may be a perennial all-pro for years but when they have to give out big money to other players, they could be hamstrung, unless the salary cap goes way up.

And if that happens, the owners will lock out the players again.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Way, way too much money for 1 guy. Supposedly 60 million guaranteed with 60 m paid out in the first three years. I forget if Wake's contract is due. You still need a badass edge rusher to compliment Suh.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Wonder if the contract is front loaded with a few million guaranteed for the inevitable fines and suspensions......I can't stand this SOB. He does NOT have to play dirty to be intimidating, yet he prefers to be an ass..... :roll:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

DivotMaker wrote:Wonder if the contract is front loaded with a few million guaranteed for the inevitable fines and suspensions......I can't stand this SOB. He does NOT have to play dirty to be intimidating, yet he prefers to be an ass..... :roll:
Agreed !

I think his contract is front loaded the first, three years @ $60million guaranteed. All I can say is Brady will be losing sleep with Wake, Olivier and Jordan on the edge and Suh up the middle. And Suh is quick and big.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Rodster wrote:
. All I can say is Brady will be losing sleep
I doubt it.