DSP Cup Schedule and Points

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: DSP Cup Schedule and Points

Post by Wilk5280 »

orthostud23 wrote:For me personally if you are looking at weather conditions prior to playing your round then you are now taking the fun out of the game. I just go on when I feel like playing and play the round. If you get 4 rounds of crappy windy weather so be it. If you get 4 days of calm weather then you picked the right time to play!! :)
GT = Wilk5280

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

orthostud23 wrote:For me personally if you are looking at weather conditions prior to playing your round then you are now taking the fun out of the game. I just go on when I feel like playing and play the round. If you get 4 rounds of crappy windy weather so be it. If you get 4 days of calm weather then you picked the right time to play!! :)
No kidding. Surely we have no one doing this kind of childish stuff. I mean I would assume most here have a set time that they can play, with families and work and all. For me, I can only play after the kids go to bed and early in the morning. I may get lucky on the weekend once in awhile where I have time to play during the day. Does that give me an advantage with the live weather? I have no idea, but I play because I really enjoy this version of tiger and the competition in the club. And will play with whatever weather conditions are chosen. I have no preference.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Yeah, I play when the time allows, but if live weather is going to be in-play it seems silly to ignore it. I have much more fun playing in calm conditions, so why put myself through the torture of gale winds if I can avoid it? I think it takes the fun out of our competition if we aren't all playing in the same conditions....

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

TheTruth wrote:
No kidding. Surely we have no one doing this kind of childish stuff. I mean I would assume most here have a set time that they can play, with families and work and all. For me, I can only play after the kids go to bed and early in the morning. I may get lucky on the weekend once in awhile where I have time to play during the day. Does that give me an advantage with the live weather? I have no idea, but I play because I really enjoy this version of tiger and the competition in the club. And will play with whatever weather conditions are chosen. I have no preference.
But as someone who is looking up at your scores in the weekly, you are going to call me childish for taking advantage of varying conditions if the tournament creator is setting it up that way? Really? So I can use course strategy in my round, but if I use strategy on when to play my round it's wrong? Granted, maybe I have too much time on my hands to think about it ( :D ) but I'm trying to move up in the standings. If we're not trying to win then why have weeklies at all?

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
TheTruth wrote:
But as someone who is looking up at your scores in the weekly, you are going to call me childish for taking advantage of varying conditions if the tournament creator is setting it up that way? Really? So I can use course strategy in my round, but if I use strategy on when to play my round it's wrong? Granted, maybe I have too much time on my hands to think about it ( :D ) but I'm trying to move up in the standings. If we're not trying to win then why have weeklies at all?
Whoa Lead - I did not mean my comment to sound like it was directed at you, as I did not get the impression you where actually doing this, but just concerned others might. But yes, I think it is a bit childish that someone would have to look at the weather channel first to see if they can play their round of video golf. But if that is what they feel like they have to do, then go for it.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Thanks for saying what I was thinking. I play when I can play and if I was looking up weather and scheduling my session around it I would turn off he console and go outside into the fresh air.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

Danimal wrote:
Thanks for saying what I was thinking. I play when I can play and if I was looking up weather and scheduling my session around it I would turn off he console and go outside into the fresh air.
Reason #48 why I"m below average gamer: I don't look at the weather prior to playing a round of virtual golf.

There's one I never thought I'd put on the list

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

For whatever reason this week the scoreboard decided to put the DQ's in the 8, 10, and 11 spots. Congrats to Truth for the win and Ortho and Naples for finishing under par with no grids.

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

gotta love those last two rounds for me. So damn frustrating.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Hogz PM me your mailing address I've got that autographed Tiger 13 cover for you for winning the Open.

Vader thanks for doing the screen caps it saves me about 30 minutes when I update the standings.
Follow Me on:

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Danimal wrote:Hogz PM me your mailing address I've got that autographed Tiger 13 cover for you for winning the Open.
Congrats HOGZ on the win!!

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

DivotMaker wrote:
Danimal wrote:Hogz PM me your mailing address I've got that autographed Tiger 13 cover for you for winning the Open.
Congrats HOGZ on the win!!
Congrats! That score was unreal! :)

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Kudos to HOGZ on a great tournament. I'm truly in awe of that kind of scoring under the conditions we played!

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Vader thanks for doing the screen caps it saves me about 30 minutes when I update the standings.

Sweet! I forgot about the prize. Thanks to whoever donated it...although I have an idea. That's awesome!
PM on the way Dan.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

J_Cauthen wrote:Kudos to HOGZ on a great tournament. I'm truly in awe of that kind of scoring under the conditions we played!
Heck - I could of easily had 4 rounds of -2 like in my last round. I was able to chip well and got hot at the right time I guess. Thanks for the kudos everyone!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

fsquid wrote:gotta love those last two rounds for me. So damn frustrating.
Yikes! You had me by two strokes after 36 holes :) At least you showed improvement after round 3. I came close to blowing up in round 1 and posting a score in the mid-80's. The potential for those sorts of scores is always there on a course like Bethpage Black under the adverse conditions we played! That's why I can savor the even par round I had in round 3 8)

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Anyone play a round at Pebble yet? I always do poorly on this course so I am not looking forward to this weekly event.
Follow Me on:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Just did my first club round at pebble beach with a +2 74. I think that was my second best round ever with this game. Double bogeyed two straight holes or it could have been a great kick off.

I just started the second round with a par. Just waiting for the collapse.

Went -3 in the second round for my bestest score to date but followed that up with a +3. Not a total collapse but for a minute I thought I had it figured out.

4th RD about to start.
Last edited by XXXIV on Mon May 14, 2012 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

-3 through 10, double bogey on 11 then birdie 12 and 13 to get back to -3 and then it freezes on me. :evil:
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

vader29 wrote:-3 through 10, double bogey on 11 then birdie 12 and 13 to get back to -3 and then it freezes on me. :evil:
I just froze after 4 in round 4. Not so bad but it was going well.

Sot an even round to finish at +2 for the tourney. Much better than I expected.

I must say that I do like the greens turned off. Less brain, less pain :P

Golfer still needs some serious building but I think the sponsors challenges for the shaft upgrades helped.
Last edited by XXXIV on Mon May 14, 2012 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

On travel this week, but will be back late Thursday night and will get the tournament in over the weekend.
GT = Wilk5280

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Had a really good first round at PB capped off by an Eagle on 18 for a -11. Was praying the game wouldnt freeze on me again... Whew...

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Leadfoot5 wrote:Had a really good first round at PB capped off by an Eagle on 18 for a -11. Was praying the game wouldnt freeze on me again... Whew...
Will get on it later tonight, but that's a great score my friend.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

10spro wrote:
Leadfoot5 wrote:Had a really good first round at PB capped off by an Eagle on 18 for a -11. Was praying the game wouldnt freeze on me again... Whew...
Thanks! Just posted a -12 for the second round. I have to assume that a -60 is likely from one of the top players this week. :D

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
10spro wrote:
Thanks! Just posted a -12 for the second round. I have to assume that a -60 is likely from one of the top players this week. :D
Dang! Awesome rounds LF! I saw your -11 right before I played my first round. I didn't think I had a chance, but ended up with a 20 footer on 18 for eagle for a chance at -12. But left it short and tied your first round score. Then came here to see you put up a -12 in the second definitely puts a damper on my round. 8O Nice shooting.