Black Friday Video Game Deals

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Black Friday Video Game Deals

Post by Inuyasha »

Picked up the last Dirt3 and batman at BB. He'll ya!

Dirt 3 is back avail online Bb too. U better hurrry.

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

pk500 wrote:Just returned from the smallest Best Buy in the Syracuse area. Arrived about 12:04 a.m., right after opening. Waited in line about only seven minutes before I was in the store.

Got the items I sought within 10 minutes and waited in line for an hour and 15 minutes to check out.

It was the first time I've ever shopped on Black Friday. Wasn't as soul-sapping as I imagined. But I don't think it's going to become a new ritual of consumer bacchanalia for me, either.

Anyways, mission accomplished: Got the 250GB Xbox 360 holiday bundle for $199, an extra wireless controller, Madden 12 and Battlefield 3. Madden and Battlefield were $30 each.

Fun night.
Did I just read this right? PK, you back online with an XBOX? Amazing!!! At least I hope thats the case, cant wait till you show up on NHL.
gamertag: ddtrane65

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Macca00 wrote:The GTA Complete Pack - the ENTIRE F'ING SERIES (including GTA IV Episodes) is $12.49 - that has to be one of the best deals in gaming....if you're like me and Vinny and love GTA, that is! ;)
Done. It would be immoral not to make this purchase.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

ddtrane wrote:Did I just read this right? PK, you back online with an XBOX? Amazing!!! At least I hope thats the case, cant wait till you show up on NHL.
I'm back, motherf*ckers. PASS THE F*CKING PUCK, JACK! :)

I'm getting NHL 12 for $30 today through Origin. Should have it next week.

Thanks.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Wilk5280 wrote:Dirt 3 $14.99 at Best Buy = STEAL
This has to be the best deal of the day. Went to my local BB at 2 pm
and it was a zoo. Lucked out when the mgr found more copies in the back.
So all in all I got NHL12, Dirt3 and The Run for $75 total.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

pk500 wrote:
ddtrane wrote:Did I just read this right? PK, you back online with an XBOX? Amazing!!! At least I hope thats the case, cant wait till you show up on NHL.

Thanks.
Start making your Pro as D-man. We need some more muscles in that area. Good buy man.

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

warnerwlf98 wrote:
Macca00 wrote:Deus Ex Human Revolution is $25 on Steam.

AND

The GTA Complete Pack - the ENTIRE F'ING SERIES (including GTA IV Episodes) is $12.49 - that has to be one of the best deals in gaming....if you're like me and Vinny and love GTA, that is! ;)
The GTA Complete Pack sounds like a great deal. Is there any way of knowing if the older versions (III, Vice City, and San Andreas) support a 360 controller? The original PC versions needed the 360 controller to be remapped to make the right stick work properly.
I just played through the entirety of Vice City again (really - all these new games and I spent 18 hours playing a 10 year old game...something is wrong with me) recently using an old PS2-style Logitech controller which worked like a charm. Unfortunately, I just checked it using the 360 controller and it seems that the triggers don't work properly - i.e. with the PS2/Logitech controller you press L2 to answer your phone, if I try that using the Left Trigger on the 360 controller it doesn't work. Did some searching on google and seems like it's a problem with the triggers since they are analog - even xpadder doesn't work. I did read you could map the triggers to the start and back buttons which wouldn't be that bad in the early (non 360) GTA games because the shooting is done with square/X.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:
Naples39 wrote:Just got Forza for $27 on Amazon lightning deal. Looks like it will sell out within minutes.
The same deal is available brick and mortar at Target. Bought it for that price today at my local Tar-zhay.
Me too. Have been playing it via gamefly since release so it's worth the 27 for sure. Got the last one at the target I am near in phoenix.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Battlefield 3 $28 at Amazon right now....going fast.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

pk500 wrote:

Thanks.
lol. This made my day!

Can't wait to play some online. I should get it around the same time. Your hockey chops might be a little rusty PK :-)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

JackB1 wrote:Can't wait to play some online. I should get it around the same time. Your hockey chops might be a little rusty PK :-)
I still know how to pass, c*cksucker. :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Well, I purchased a Kinect from some girl this evening. That's been my big Black Friday buy. It's used but I set it up and it works flawlessly. The best part is that she only charged me $45.
I figure I'll rent Kinect games rather than buying them as I tend to think my kids will play these sparingly. For the price, I couldn't refuse.

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

I managed to get Assassin's Creed Revelations and Uncharted 3 for $34.99 and $29.99 respectively from Amazon late last night. U3 sold out in seconds.

Unfortunately Amazon pulled their 3 months of Gold for $7.99 deal yesterday right after it went live, so I'll have to wait to find another deal on Gold before I can play ACR online.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

YO ! Microsoft is doing those Xbox 360 Bundles everyone was getting peppered sprayed for. :)

I just got in on a 250GB Holiday Bundle for $199. It's Live now at the Microsoft Store. :!:

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/mss ... 0tksoxohhx

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Bulletstorm all versions for $7.99 @ Bestbuy.com

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage. ... 731&loc=01

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

Rodster wrote:YO ! Microsoft is doing those Xbox 360 Bundles everyone was getting peppered sprayed for. :)

I just got in on a 250GB Holiday Bundle for $199. It's Live now at the Microsoft Store. :!:

Picked one up despite already having an old 360 and an arcade version. Between needing either a wifi connection or range extender to move the 360 to another room and lack of hard drive space on my original 360 drive, $200 essentially makes this one "free" for me.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

F308GTB wrote:
Rodster wrote:YO ! Microsoft is doing those Xbox 360 Bundles everyone was getting peppered sprayed for. :)

Picked one up despite already having an old 360 and an arcade version. Between needing either a wifi connection or range extender to move the 360 to another room and lack of hard drive space on my original 360 drive, $200 essentially makes this one "free" for me.
Haha that's pretty much my situation. I couldn't say no to 250GB disk space and a quieter 360.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

The one they were pepper spraying for was the one w/ the Kinect for 199...so not quite the same deal. 199 for the 250gb is okay...but not what my fellow southern Californians were spraying about. :) We only bring out the spray for the best deals.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Still a good idea for PK next year when he wants to pick up the Hi def cables for his 360.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Jimmydeicide wrote:Still a good idea for PK next year when he wants to pick up the Hi def cables for his 360.
Lol that's awesome.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Jimmydeicide wrote:Still a good idea for PK next year when he wants to pick up the Hi def cables for his 360.
F*ck you, you Limey c*cksucker! I had a spare HDMI cable sitting around, so I'm gaming in HD glory.

Monoprice.com is ACE for cheap, quality cables. Another strong recommendation from DB.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

pk500 wrote:
F*ck you, you Limey c*cksucker! I had a spare HDMI cable sitting around, so I'm gaming in HD glory.

Monoprice.com is ACE for cheap, quality cables. Another strong recommendation from DB.
Paul, did you dl the NHL12 demo? Good to practice with that until we get the full game.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Frys still has some deals now. Was just there and it says they're good till Thursday. Not sure if it's in store only

$29.98
Battlefield 3
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Crysis 2
Dance Central
Dance Central 2
Disney Universe
FIFA Soccer '12
Forza Motorsport 4
Gears of War 3
Kinect Sports
Kinect Sports: Season 2
L.A. Noire
Madden NFL '12
Need for Speed: The Run

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

JackB1 wrote:Paul, did you dl the NHL12 demo? Good to practice with that until we get the full game.
Not yet. I've barely touched the 360 since I bought it. Kids are having fun with it.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Amazon deals today include 2 gaming headsets. I LOVE my Turtle Beach DX11's.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected