BioShock (No Spoilers).

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

TCrouch wrote:
webdanzer wrote:Yep, that part is scripted, so be careful because this veers spoiler-y. Got me too! :)
That's why I intentionally didn't say where, when, or anything else about it. It's almost like "wow I got shot". It could be anywhere, and it's not exactly spoiling a story twist or something.
I was referring to the talk in general, not just what you posted. J-Rod added some details...the combination was veering spoilery. There's enough there now to maybe make some folks wary when reading things in medical areas. Wasn't pointing any fingers or anything.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

webdanzer wrote:
TCrouch wrote:
webdanzer wrote:Yep, that part is scripted, so be careful because this veers spoiler-y. Got me too! :)
That's why I intentionally didn't say where, when, or anything else about it. It's almost like "wow I got shot". It could be anywhere, and it's not exactly spoiling a story twist or something.
I was referring to the talk in general, not just what you posted. J-Rod added some details...the combination was veering spoilery. There's enough there now to maybe make some folks wary when reading things in medical areas. Wasn't pointing any fingers or anything.
I didn't say when or where nor did it play any part in the gameplay. It's just a splicer while you are dicking around. I don't understand why they are called splicers but whatever.
[url=http://sensiblecoasters.wordpress.com/][b]Sensible Coasters - A critique of sports games, reviews, gaming sites and news. Questionably Proofread![/b][/url]

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

The reveal of a scripted 'surprise' combat event might be considered a spoiler by some people. That's all I'm saying.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

webdanzer wrote:The reveal of a scripted 'surprise' combat event might be considered a spoiler by some people. That's all I'm saying.
Having an unopened copy of the game begging to be played, it definitely feels like a spoiler to me. All you guys are saying it's a great part of the experience, but now there will be no surprise for me when I reach it. Oh well, no need to get too bent out of shape over it though.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

Yep. It's not a "Darth Vader is Luke's father" spoiler, but it is a spoiler. I'll still be freaked out, but it will diminish the experience a bit.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Holy crap you guys are little girls. Who the f*ck cares. There are guys that jump out all over the place. Oooohhhh...what a spoiler. :roll:

That happens in EVERY 'scary' game. Not like you couldn't have guessed it already.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Wow. No more posts from me on this game, then, that's crazy. I've wondered lately why I even post on message boards anymore. Getting crazier by the day.

btmmayor
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by btmmayor »

What difficulty level are you guys playing at? I started on normal and am only a few hours in, but my ammo and med supplies are very plentiful. This is one game I do not want to just breeze through. I'm worried though if I restart on the hardest difficulty that once I'm further into the game it might get ridiculous.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

The medical area was the whole level so I didn't give you the exact location where it happens. I don't Terry or myself revealed too much. It's not even a main boss.

I didn't like it was a scripted and I just wanted to know if another guy saw it. Here's why it's not even close to a spoiler you will only know where it is or when it happens after it happens.
[url=http://sensiblecoasters.wordpress.com/][b]Sensible Coasters - A critique of sports games, reviews, gaming sites and news. Questionably Proofread![/b][/url]

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

btmmayor wrote:What difficulty level are you guys playing at? I started on normal and am only a few hours in, but my ammo and med supplies are very plentiful. This is one game I do not want to just breeze through. I'm worried though if I restart on the hardest difficulty that once I'm further into the game it might get ridiculous.
Normal here. I considered starting on hard too, btm, but I've read that the main difference is that it just takes more shots to take down the baddies. This doesn't feel like game where it should take a machine gun clip to down an 'average' baddy like a splicer to me, so I decided to stick with normal. It has has been fairly easy for me a couple hours in as well.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

TCrouch wrote:Wow. No more posts from me on this game, then, that's crazy. I've wondered lately why I even post on message boards anymore. Getting crazier by the day.
I enjoy hearing about good game experiences that others are having! We should have a Bioshock spoiler thread too.

btmmayor
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by btmmayor »

webdanzer wrote:Normal here. I considered starting on hard too, btm, but I've read that the main difference is that it just takes more shots to take down the baddies. This doesn't feel like game where it should take a machine gun clip to down an 'average' baddy like a splicer to me, so I decided to stick with normal. It has has been fairly easy for me a couple hours in as well.
Thanks Web. If the only real difference is increased enemy health then I'll just stick to normal as well. I was tempted to look into the differences in difficulty level on other boards but there is no way I'm going to risk the chance of spoiling the game.

I'm dying to play more but I just can't bring myself to do it during the day. I can't wait until tonight when everyone in the house is asleep and I can slap on my headphones, shut every light off in the house and get back into the game!

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

There are other differences, with less ammo and health being scattered around, but most times I've seen it discussed people seem to focus on the increased durability of the enemies....but I can't say I've been reading too carefully either, as I've been skimming with spoiler-wary eyeballs as well.

Got the house to myself tonight...Hooray for cranking up the surround!

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

TCrouch wrote:Wow. No more posts from me on this game, then, that's crazy. I've wondered lately why I even post on message boards anymore. Getting crazier by the day.
Posting on message boards gets a lot easier if everyone pays attention to the thread titles.
Last edited by Feanor on Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

To clarify my own post, I don't think your post in and of itself was a spoiler. As db said, knowing someone will jump out at you is part of the game. It only became a spoiler when I learned of a scripted event at a specific location. Again, it's not a big deal and maybe saying 'medical area' doesn't really help much, but I just have no frame of reference atm.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Feanor wrote:
Posting on message boards gets a lot easier if everyone pays attention to the thread titles.
And again...tell me, how is "wow I got surprised when I saw a guy behind me" is a spoiler? People need to take the sticks out of their asses, I swear.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

TCrouch wrote:
Feanor wrote:
And again...tell me, how is "wow I got surprised when I saw a guy behind me" is a spoiler? People need to take the sticks out of their asses, I swear.
Sorry. I just assumed that when when a poster that I trust and someone that probably spends more time playing video games than anyone I know at this site takes time out of his busy schedule to post about a "goosebump-inducing moment" in a video game, it must be something that is worthwhile experiencing "fresh" and is not run-of-the-mill for the genre. I guess it's not that big of a deal. I didn't know you got goosebumps so easily.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

How is me getting goosebumps somehow ruining a situation for you? If you go into a game going "man, I hope nothing surprises me in this game" when booting up a game like Bioshock, then I don't know what to tell you.

I still don't know how it's a spoiler, but that's my point. It's the same as saying "wow, I fought a Big Daddy", or "I just walked through some water". It's to be expected, at least by anybody I know who planned on picking it up. But it's a moot point. I can't understand how somebody can even have a thread on a game that discusses it if "hey I got startled when a dude was behind me" is somehow taboo. I didn't discuss where, when, story, plot line, or anything that the vast majority of people I know consider to be a spoiler.

Utterly ridiculous, but I'll leave the discussion to the people who prefer to discuss the box art or something.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

TCrouch wrote:I still don't know how it's a spoiler
Well, it's a good indication if a few people tell you so in a short period of time. Of course, you chose to overreact and respond with sarcasm when those people said it wasn't that big of a deal anyway. Sorry for ruining your message board.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Lighten up Francis. :lol:

This game should definitely be played in a dark room when the rest of the house is asleep.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

That's a real stretch to say what Terry wrote is a spoiler. It's about as bad as saying you fire a gun is a spoiler. It is borderline spoiler with what JRod added but even then that's pretty anal. I should know, I'm anal. :lol: (and that has nothing to do with Web's comment in another thread :wink: )
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I have no problem with disagreement on what is a spoiler and can concede the point. I do have a problem with the *way* it was discussed. I'm also pretty sick of reading that what I'm posting in this thread or elsewhere is "gay", "utterly ridiculous", "crazy", or like a "little girl."

I'm going to stop posting in this thread because it's already gone OT long enough and instead of wasting my time anymore I'm just going to stare at some box art of my favorite games.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

I'm surprised at the response to this myself.

All I said was to be careful, because things were veering spoilery. I thought I was polite about it, and I wasn't calling anyone out.

Terry said X happened, and that it was cool.

J Rod asked if X happened at Y.

I posted what I did there, because if someone then answered yes, it happens at Y when you do Z...

Then I think that's a spoiler to some people. The conversation was going spoilery, not Terry or JRod posted a spoiler. That's all I was trying to say.

Not sure why that was enough to make Terry want to stop posting. Odd.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Talk about a game that gives me chills about every 5 mins. Sheesh! :o

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Is it full moon?