Emergence Day (GOW)

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Fshguy wrote:
The cutscenes every time I have to restart was pretty irritating...
I believe you can skip these after the first few seconds of each by pressing 'X'

Fshguy
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Fshguy »

webdanzer wrote:
Fshguy wrote:
The cutscenes every time I have to restart was pretty irritating...
I believe you can skip these after the first few seconds of each by pressing 'X'
Hmmm, a little late now. ;) I'll probably eventually go back and play on Insane though...

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

I found out that if you miss your reload, you can press the mele button and it will give you another chance at it.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

JackB1 wrote:I found out that if you miss your reload, you can press the mele button and it will give you another chance at it.
That's not really going to help. The negative of missing the reload is that it takes more time to finish when you do. Meleeing and then reloading agian will take more time than that. Instead, you could just fire one round and then try again.

You do seem to get a little accuracy boost and they say you get a slight damage boost when you get a perfect reload, but in most cases, that's not worth the extra time of doing it again before unloading that clip into some poor bum's body!

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Another tip I learned, is if someone is right in front of you about to put you away, you grab the shotgun and press "A" and forward and you will barrel roll towards that person and then you pop up and shoot them right in the head for the kill.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

JackB1 wrote:Another tip I learned, is if someone is right in front of you about to put you away, you grab the shotgun and press "A" and forward and you will barrel roll towards that person and then you pop up and shoot them right in the head for the kill.
Now that is some useful information!
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Spooky wrote:
JackB1 wrote:Another tip I learned, is if someone is right in front of you about to put you away, you grab the shotgun and press "A" and forward and you will barrel roll towards that person and then you pop up and shoot them right in the head for the kill.
Apparently the 'Hyper Rolling Sticky Grenadiers' are the scourge of ranked and random rooms.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

webdanzer wrote:
Spooky wrote:
Apparently the 'Hyper Rolling Sticky Grenadiers' are the scourge of ranked and random rooms.
I think I may have mis-read the initial post. I thought that you actually rolled and then shot by pressing up and 'A' but it sounds more like you have to roll towards them and then pop up and actually pull the trigger to shoot right away. not quite as easy but still may come in handy.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

My guess is that you do a similiar barrel roll forward and then attatch
a sticky grenade to your foe?
webdanzer wrote: Apparently the 'Hyper Rolling Sticky Grenadiers' are the scourge of ranked and random rooms.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

JackB1 wrote:My guess is that you do a similiar barrel roll forward and then attatch
a sticky grenade to your foe?
webdanzer wrote: Apparently the 'Hyper Rolling Sticky Grenadiers' are the scourge of ranked and random rooms.
Yup, but these guys apparently roll all over the place.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Yes, they do. I don't remember who it was, but we had one of those lovely chaps in a game with us a few days ago...pissed me off... :twisted:
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

RobVarak wrote:Excellent post from GWJ:

http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/28384
Yep!!! :lol: :)

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I hate this damn beserker....

Why even put this annoying crap in the game?

LAking
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by LAking »

XXXIV wrote:I hate this damn beserker....

Why even put this annoying crap in the game?
I'm not even done with Act 2 yet but i can say that the "alternative" levels like the beserker and the driving level are kind of lame. It's really the intense firefights that make the game great. Multi-player is where it's really at.
"Be tolerant of those who describe a sporting moment as their best ever. We do not lack imagination, nor have we had sad and barren lives; it is just that real life is paler, duller, and contains less potential for unexpected delirium." -Nick Hornby

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I guess I don't understand the berserker angst. I really like it. 'Duck, shoot, duck, shoot, rinse, repeat' is nice and all, but I like breaking the action up into other things.

Berserkers are no less lame than Boomers, anyway... :wink: "Boom..."
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

tealboy03 wrote:I guess I don't understand the berserker angst. I really like it. 'Duck, shoot, duck, shoot, rinse, repeat' is nice and all, but I like breaking the action up into other things.

Berserkers are no less lame than Boomers, anyway... :wink: "Boom..."
Totally agree!

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

I just fought the Berserker and thought it was awesome. It was a very high tension moment in the game for me and felt perfect for pacing. I spent the whole first act feeling a little overwhelmed by the opposition and to end the act fighting that monstrosity was a total experience. To each his own, but I really enjoyed that boss battle.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

To those who are past the stage where you must clear the front and back of the house and get to the APC (i think it's the end of Act 3), i have a question but don't want to spoil things for anyone by asking it here. If you have and can PM me i would appreciate it. Thanks.

seanmac31
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by seanmac31 »

Well, it took a little while, but I've finally warmed to the assault rifle. I kept on wanting to use it like Halo's battle rifle, with short, controlled bursts, but in order to be effective you have to just let a whole clip rip. If you keep your finger on the trigger and your reticle on the target, you'll take most things down at medium range.

Fshguy
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Fshguy »

RallyMonkey wrote:To those who are past the stage where you must clear the front and back of the house and get to the APC (i think it's the end of Act 3), i have a question but don't want to spoil things for anyone by asking it here. If you have and can PM me i would appreciate it. Thanks.
You can PM me... You all wait until you get to the last Boss....;) The Beserker is a lightweight. The Corpser is a load of fun too...

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Just completed the game on Hardcore last night, and went back and started a new campaign on Insane.

They aren't kidding...

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

I need to be careful about playing this game before bed. I have a bit of a head cold, and last night would fall asleep for about an hour at a time and have restless dreams where I had to keep active reloading successfully in order to breathe and stay asleep. It sucked.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Slumberland wrote:I need to be careful about playing this game before bed. I have a bit of a head cold, and last night would fall asleep for about an hour at a time and have restless dreams where I had to keep active reloading successfully in order to breathe and stay asleep. It sucked.
On the other hand, nothing clears out those sinuses like a chainsaw to the bridge of the nose! :)
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

You can't compare the two Slumber. :wink:
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.