OT: Anyone found the Logitech PSP case in the store yet?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Badgun
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

OT: Anyone found the Logitech PSP case in the store yet?

Post by Badgun »

Both EB and Gamestop show this thing as shipping on the 18th, yet neither one have it in stock locally. As a matter of fact, both stores seem to feel like they won't even get it in. The guy at Gamestop told me I should just go ahead and order it online. I may just do that, but I hate paying $6.00 shipping on a $20 item. Anyone found it in a store? If so, post where you found it at.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I am in Braintree, MA this week and I went to pick one up at the mall. I walked in the EB and as I was making my way back to the PSP display I heard overheard a customer service rep telling someone that it has been delayed. I'm not sure what the new date is and I didn't bother to stick around as ask as it was already late and I was hungry.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

EB Games around here told me it's off their new items list and they expect it in anytime.

Might have been delayed due to the latch on the thing makes it hard to open and close.

Todd

Atxj
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Atxj »

I called my local EB yesterday and today and they said they hope to have them in stock by Friday. I think im just going to go ahead and order online, maybe even eBay as I have already seen a few up for sale that have them in hand.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

This is the most sought after handheld case I've ever known about. Seriously, everyone with a PSP from OS to Gamefaqs to DSP is awaiting one.

Anyways, I heard the same thing Mizzou heard.

I did hear a kinda cool suggestion from someone over at gamefaqs. He said people are using an Altoid case to store their UMDs. Supposedbly it stores around 5 UMDS. Might be a nice cheap alternative.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

Guess what b*tches? On the way home from hoops tonight, I stopped by Gamestop...just in case they had it. 'Bout to rip this bad boy open and throw the weak *ss case included in the value pack in the freaking trash.

:D
Last edited by Dave on Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Dave wrote:Guess what bitches? On the way home from hoops tonight, I stopped by Gamestop...just in case they got it in. 'Bout to rip this bad boy open and throw the weak *ss case included in the value pack in the freaking trash.

:D
You lucky S.O.B. Glad to hear that though. Hopefully I'll have mine by Friday when I'm flying to Chitown.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

Really a slick case. It does add quite a bit of bulk to the PSP, but obviously if you're interested in this case then you want the protection it provides. A lot of absorbing-type rubber materials used on the inside and the hinge is actually a double-hinge that I don't feel like trying to explain, but it really secures the upper part of the case when you want to use it to shield light.

The latch is a little difficult, but not an issue at all.

I think this is definitely the case to get.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I went shopping for it today...Gamestop, Best Buy, Circuit City, EB and even Target...I came up empty.

Dave its good to hear that Ive at least been looking for the right thing...

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I just ordered MVP and the Logitech case from EB Games.com

Now all I need is a nice bag to carry everything in. :)

As soon as I get my psp accessories, I'll take some pics.

Todd

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

Dave wrote:Really a slick case. It does add quite a bit of bulk to the PSP, but obviously if you're interested in this case then you want the protection it provides. A lot of absorbing-type rubber materials used on the inside and the hinge is actually a double-hinge that I don't feel like trying to explain, but it really secures the upper part of the case when you want to use it to shield light.

The latch is a little difficult, but not an issue at all.

I think this is definitely the case to get.

Dave:

Can you store any UMD's in the case?

Any chance you can post some pics?

Db mentioned that his Logitech case may have not been the final one released.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

I can take some pics tonight.

There is absolutely no room for anything besides the PSP in this unit. I think doing that really helps add to the security of the PSP in the case itself. It can not move while it is in there.

I think DB got a final version of it since mine has the same clear coating he mentioned. I would prefer it to be all black since this clear plastic could get scuffed, but I'm not sure how much easy it will be to scratch/scuff.

This was perfect for the bus this morning. Just pop open the case, flip the PSP out of sleep, and play some Tiger Woods. No putting a case away, getting it back out, etc.

ruiz00tx
Mario Mendoza

Post by ruiz00tx »

No luck here either, the places that say they did receive some all said they only received 1 or 2 and that those sold to people who pre-ordered.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Yeah, the case I've got is the final one. I've seen pics elsewhere and it's exactly the same.

injunwal
Mario Mendoza

Post by injunwal »

I picked 1 up from GS last night

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

As luck would have it, I was able to locate one at a mall about 15 miles away. Well, of course I took a long lunch. :lol:

The salesman said they only recieved in two. That seems to be about the average number that most stores are getting in. It makes no sense at all!

Well, it's definitely very nice and quite solid. The only thing that concerns me is the latch. It's plastic. It just seems that it's quite possibe for it to maybe break off after continuous use. I guess once I get comfortable opening and closing it, I won't worry about that issue.

It's bigger than what I expected. The pictures on the websites make it look rather slim. It will be nice being able to open it, plug in the ear buds and go from there. I'm wondering though whether or not after a while it'll feel to heavy to "want" to game that way.

In any case, just on real brief impressions it gets a solid A.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Further impressions: Tighten those belt straps if you plan to "pocket" it. I fit it easily in a pair of dress pants but it definitely feels weighted.

And yes, I agree with Dave. I can see how over time it's going to get scuff up, scratched, etc. But who cares about appearances anyways? We're guys. :wink:

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

I can see how over time it's going to get scuff up, scratched, etc. But who cares about appearances anyways? We're guys.
That's why we got the case though, right? It takes the scratches and scuffs so the PSP itself doesn't have to take them.

The bulk really surprised me. I will probably keep it on the PSP for my daily bus rides and possibly for shorter flights, but I think it could become a bit of a pain during a longer gaming session. Also wonder about how it would work with a more 'active' game instead of Tiger Woods.

And, as luck would have it, I had an Altoids tin here at work (one of the round "sours" tins). The UMDs fit in there almost perfectly. Has anyone else tried this method? It doesn't seem like they could get scratched, but has anyone heard of anything being used in the tin to protect from scratching?

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Just played a quick tournament in WipeOut with the case in hand. It wasn't too bad, but by the end of the four races my hands ached a little. You can surely tell a difference when you just play holding the PSP in hand. Feels much lighter.

I love the look of the case and above all, it gives you that sense of safety for the PSP. $21.50 well spent!

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

sportdan30 wrote:Just played a quick tournament in WipeOut with the case in hand. It wasn't too bad, but by the end of the four races my hands ached a little. You can surely tell a difference when you just play holding the PSP in hand. Feels much lighter.

I love the look of the case and above all, it gives you that sense of safety for the PSP. $21.50 well spent!
Yeah, I'll probably take it out of the case unless I'm watching a movie or something. The main reason I wanted one was to carry it around in. The padded one included with it does nothing for me.

I've heard of other people using the Altoid cans to protect their UMD's, I just wish I could find some plastic cases without all the other crap included with them. I know ebay has some, but I'd rather get them at BB or EB Games.

Todd

Badgun
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Badgun »

Just picked one up at Gamestop. Like it a lot so far. I don't think I'd want to hold it and play games in it, but I could see doing it with it lying on a table or another flat surface.

I'm glad I held out and waited for it, but I sure wish it had some storage space in it.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Badgun wrote:Just picked one up at Gamestop. Like it a lot so far. I don't think I'd want to hold it and play games in it, but I could see doing it with it lying on a table or another flat surface.

I'm glad I held out and waited for it, but I sure wish it had some storage space in it.
Exactly. At least wish it held the ear buds, but I'm not complaining. Or am I? 8O

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

Just got mine from Gamestop. It looks sweet!

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

Has anyone found a good case that can at least hold 2 UMDs?

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Just picked mine up at an EB here in Texas. They just started getting them in here....

Awesome case...the pics really don't do this thing justice.