Has anyone found MVP opening day rosters to download?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Has anyone found MVP opening day rosters to download?

Post by sportdan30 »

Also, is it true EA won't be updating their rosters due to the expiration of the MLB contract? If that is truly the case, who has the most current rosters available?

Thanks.

Boom
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Boom »

I found some at the AR site. They're not the 100 percent accurate, but the Rockies rosters seem pretty good.

Also, I wouldn't the difference from my A and AA rosters so I can speak for those. There's a couple hiccups on the MLB and AAA Rockies roster, but for the most part they're accurate. I started my season today with these rosters.

Let me see if I can dig up the link.

Badgun
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Has anyone found MVP opening day rosters to download?

Post by Badgun »

sportdan30 wrote:Also, is it true EA won't be updating their rosters due to the expiration of the MLB contract? If that is truly the case, who has the most current rosters available?

Thanks.
Dan,
Go to http://www.mvplanet.com

Look on the right hand side under recently added files. You should see something called Ultimate Roster Project ver. 1.0 Xbox. Download that. It doesn't have all the A and AA guys named, but it does have the top 100 prospects named and most AAA rosters named. I know the Cardinals' opening day roster and AAA looks pretty good.

You may have to register to download it. I got it Sunday and I haven't seen anything quirky yet, even though it's no secret that this guy messes with ratings.

Boom
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Boom »

I'm going to look at that as well Badgun.

Here's the one from Code Junkies AR site.

http://us.codejunkies.com/saves_show_ga ... 887830&p=8

Boom
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Boom »

Just checked out the ones that Badgun referenced. I can't speak on a whole, but the Code Junkies AR dl has a much more accurate Rockies Opening Day roster.

However, I still need to maybe make some roster moves via AAA and Major Call-ups / send down and see what I get.

***EDIT***

I'll retract my last statement. With little work I have the 25 man opening day roster for the Rockies.

I still think though, that maybe the Code Junkies DL is more accurate if you're not wanting to do any extra work etc. I loaded those rosters and just played a game that had the accurate Pads and Rockies starting lineups/batting order etc (minus Baker playing in Atkins place).

I think the one from MVPlanet may have a lot of batting orders incorrect etc. Just depends on how anal you are. All I care about is having my Rockies Major League Roster good to go to start.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Guys,

Thanks a lot! Gonna check both of these out tonight. Badgun, can you tell me if the Cards roster has Nunez and Pulispher. Furthermore, are both Ankiel and Myers off the major league club?

Boom
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Boom »

sportdan30 wrote:Guys,

Thanks a lot! Gonna check both of these out tonight. Badgun, can you tell me if the Cards roster has Nunez and Pulispher. Furthermore, are both Ankiel and Myers off the major league club?
1st Roster Check - MVPlanet
- Pulsipher: MLB Roster
- Nunez: AAA Roster
- Ankiel: AAA Roster
- Myers: AA Roster

2nd Roster Check: Code Junkies AR DL
- Pulsipher: N/A
- Nunez: AAA Roster
- Ankiel: AAA Roster
- Myers: AA Roster

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Thanks Boom. Myers has been traded back to Boston as of a few days ago. As long as he's not on the active roster, that's cool with me. I'll just have to call up Nunez to the majors.

I can't expect them to be 100% accurate, but that sounds close enough!

Boom
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Boom »

Doh! Silly me.. I didn't even check to see "which" Myers.

In the MVPlanet roster Myers (Mike?) is on the BoSox AAA Roster.

On the CodeJunkies DL he's on the BoSox MLB Roster.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Boom wrote:Doh! Silly me.. I didn't even check to see "which" Myers.

In the MVPlanet roster Myers (Mike?) is on the BoSox AAA Roster.

On the CodeJunkies DL he's on the BoSox MLB Roster.
Even better. Thanks again Boom.

Badgun
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Badgun »

Ankiel is on the AAA roster, but the Cardinals' website has him listed as being at A Palm Beach.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Badgun wrote:Ankiel is on the AAA roster, but the Cardinals' website has him listed as being at A Palm Beach.
I don't even know if he has officially cleared waivers. However, I did read an excerpt the other day in the Post-Dispatch that the Cardinals found some loophole where he didn't have to go on the waiver wire. If that's the case, he's definitely going to start at single A.

If he stays healthy, I'll be curious to see how he does. On a side note, I feel bad for a guy like Seabol. He's at AAA again, but he had a very productive spring. It's unfortunate because he'd provide the power off the bench the Cardinals are missing.

Badgun
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Badgun »

What happened to Bo Hart? Was his fast start last year a fluke? I noticed that every game has him on the major league roster, but LaRussa made it clear he belongs in AAA. I like the guy and I will keep him on my major league roster and send Nunez back down. The guy that blows my mind is Taguchi. Zero power and I don't think I've ever had a hit with him. And as speed goes, he's probably the slowest asian I have ever seen. I'm sure LaRussa doesn't feel this way, but to me Taguchi is the biggest waste of air on the team. Surely they could find a half decent utility outfielder that can hit and had a little power. That being said, what happened to Lankford...did he retire?

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Badgun wrote:What happened to Bo Hart? Was his fast start last year a fluke? I noticed that every game has him on the major league roster, but LaRussa made it clear he belongs in AAA. I like the guy and I will keep him on my major league roster and send Nunez back down. The guy that blows my mind is Taguchi. Zero power and I don't think I've ever had a hit with him. And as speed goes, he's probably the slowest asian I have ever seen. I'm sure LaRussa doesn't feel this way, but to me Taguchi is the biggest waste of air on the team. Surely they could find a half decent utility outfielder that can hit and had a little power. That being said, what happened to Lankford...did he retire?
You have to go back two years to remember the torrid start Bo Hard had. Actually, I think he was called up midway through that season and cooled off considerably towards the end. Still, he had high hopes of making the team last year, but Womack out performed him. There wasn't any room on the bench as the Cardinals were out of options with Luna at the time. They were afraid of losing him on the waiver wire. So, Bo stayed in AAA and came up once but he didn't stay long. The knock on him is that he's too much of a free swinger and his OBP is low. Nunez outperformed Hart in all phases of the game in spring training. Also, Nunez is a switch hitter and that's an added weapon for LaRussa. "Heart" can only get you so far.

I like Taguchi for what he is. That's a slap hitter, runs fairly well, and is a superb outfielder. I think fans had too high of expectations when he first signed with us a few years ago. Everyone assumed he'd hit for a high average like Ichiro. He's great in the late innings when you need an outfield substitution for Sanders. Plus, he doesn't strike out all that often. He's your typical LaRussa role player.

Lankford just ran in to bad luck. As I recall, he hit the heck out of the ball during spring training. I'm talking last spring training. Unfortunately, his body just broke down. It wasn't just one injury but a series of injuries. It wasn't long ago that he was my Cardinals outfielder. In his prime, he was almost as good a fielder as Edmonds and of course was speedier. I can still see his sweet swing bombing a baseball down the right field line. He went on the DL late in the year, contemplated retirement, tried to comeback, and then just hung up the cletes. If he would have stayed healthy, he would have had a productive season. Still, it opened the door for Mabry for whom I always liked.

Boltman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Boltman »

With that AR roster set, you arent getting the NL Pitcher batting two times glitch?

Badgun
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Badgun »

Boltman wrote:With that AR roster set, you arent getting the NL Pitcher batting two times glitch?
I personally haven't seen it yet. Which teams have the problem?

Boltman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Boltman »

Badgun wrote:
Boltman wrote:With that AR roster set, you arent getting the NL Pitcher batting two times glitch?
I personally haven't seen it yet. Which teams have the problem?
Well,...personally I have not had any of these problems, but over on OS this guy keeps saying it is a regular occurence (sp).

I'll just put his post up here, and you break it down for me please. :D

((Originally Posted by funkydelic))
"these rosters are broken Matt Miller for the Indians has a Pitch that breaks the wrong way like a screwball , his slider breaks in a circle I thought I was playing that Midway game.Luther Hackman, Seth Greisinger Atl (AAA) just to name a few are all messed up. And then get this Brandon Duckworth is batting twice with no dh lineup WOW have I lost my mind you cannot fix it cause the game just crashes, I dont think this is meant to be used on consoles im sorry too many mistakes. I cannot play a franchise with the starting pitcher hitting twice 8th and 9th spot on interleague games this sucks. RR pitchers will bat like 4 or 6 times per starter every game! Use these rosters at your own risk and look very closeley at all the weird things going on with this set. "

Sorry for the massive sentences, and forever paragraph, but I wanted you to gimme input on his statement.

Thanks in advance. :D

Boltman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Boltman »

No one ever replied to this, so I am going to ask.............

Which Code Junkies AR DL should I get?

Link...

http://us.codejunkies.com/saves_show_ga ... 887830&p=8

I cant see mto register at MVPplanet and get theirs.

GridIronGhost
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by GridIronGhost »

Ultimate Update (Version 1)
"If I didn't want 50 percent of my income and wanted the government to regulate every aspect of my life, I'd live in California."

HouOilers
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by HouOilers »

looks like a new one was just put up there. But what does this mean?

Zeckie and Showers MVP 2005 Rosters
Up to date transactions thru 4-17. Updated lineups and rotations. Current lineups allow players to be mixed so they get AB''s. Enjoy!

Allow Players to be mixed? What does that mean?

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Without having to spend $$$ on the Max drive, how would you transfer the latest rosters to the xbox?

Boltman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Boltman »

HouOilers wrote:looks like a new one was just put up there. But what does this mean?

Zeckie and Showers MVP 2005 Rosters
Up to date transactions thru 4-17. Updated lineups and rotations. Current lineups allow players to be mixed so they get AB''s. Enjoy!

Allow Players to be mixed? What does that mean?

I dunno' but I DL'ed that one and its nice! :D

Boom
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Boom »

10spro wrote:Without having to spend $$$ on the Max drive, how would you transfer the latest rosters to the xbox?
Action Replay or getting someone to send you a memory card with them on it.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

AR is the best $30 you'll ever spend, imo. I've downloaded so many rosters with this baby it's paid for itself over and over again.

Todd

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

MizzouRah wrote:AR is the best $30 you'll ever spend, imo. I've downloaded so many rosters with this baby it's paid for itself over and over again.

Todd
Does it work also on the PS2?