OT: Amazing Race 6 Finale...**SPOILER ALERT**

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

OT: Amazing Race 6 Finale...**SPOILER ALERT**

Post by Spooky »

**SPOILER ALERT**

***DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED THE FINALE OF AMAZING RACE 6 AND CARE ABOUT THE ENDING***

****SERIOUSLY****

So, I know quite a few of us here love the Amazing Race and I am wondering what you guiys thought of last nights finale!!?!?

This season was one of my favorites, very entertaining teams. That said, I am TOTALLY bummed about the winning team. However, that is what makes this show so great. That disappointment made me feel like I wasted my time watching the whole 6th season, but, I love that a show can get me frustrated like that. It was like watching your favorite team lose the World Series! It’s heartbreaking and frustrating but was an exciting ride.

Out of ALL the 3 remaining teams, Freddy and Kendra were the ones I wanted to win least. In fact, they may have been the one team I did not want to win most (maybe second to Jonathan and Victoria). That spoiled b*tch does not deserve one million dollars and that guy was such a freakin’ dork. Oh well, they were entertaining. The team that I was hoping to win most, John and Kris, was actually the least entertaining, but they were the most deserving. What a team they were. They NEVER complained or fought which has got to be extremely tough in most of those conditions/circumstances. They were almost like robots, but they REALLY respected each other and played to have fun and see the world. Something no other team has expressed like they did. Oh well. I thought for sure them opening that lock first was fate coming into play for them being such a relaxed, respectful couple. But it was not to be.

The funniest thing was that while the credits were rolling, I turned to my girlfriend TOTALLY kidding around and said “Stay tuned for scenes from our next season of Amazing Race”, and literally 2 seconds later Phil was saying it for real!?!?!? I thought there would be at least a few months before a new season was aired, but he said 3 weeks! While I am very glad the show seems to be doing really well, 3 weeks is almost too soon. I need a breather. I hope they don’t over saturate this series like they do with Survivor!
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Boom
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Boom »

My wife is a big AR fan. While she was watching the season finale at home, my boy and I were row 2, center court for the Nuggets / Jazz game.

Anyway, I know what you mean about the next season starting so soon.

Don't ask me why (because I don't even understand why myself), but I'm a big Apprentice fan. They did the same thing with that show, starting season 3 just a few short weeks after season 2 finale.

These reality shows are really milking their audience while they're shows are hot. Only problem is, they may run into the same problem that "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" did.. which is burn out their audience.

***EDIT***
Oh and for the record... the first thing my wife said to me when I walked in the door last night is....

"Sorry, but your favorite hot chick didn't win the amazing race"

LMAO!

man, that episode where she did the pit stop and had to dig the salt out of the water or whatever it was she was doing.... yeah, I was totally turned on by her that episode. :)

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

I didn't mind Feddy and Kendra at all. I was really disturbed however by the relationship between Rebecca and the kid she was with. That was some seriously dysfunctional s*** there. But I really wanted Kris and John to win, as they were by a very, very long stretch my favorite team, especailly after the two cool chicks from Queens got knocked out. OK, I liked the older couple and the father/daughter team, but of the teams that had a chance to win, the Queens girls were my favorite. Those two were very good to each other and the other teams, as opposed to the evil freaks in some other teams.

This was my least favorite season of them all, I think because there were so few teams I could root for. Was it Jon and Elizabeth, the really horrible couple? I was so frustrated at how long they lasted, and so very relieved when they got eliminated that I didn't have to deal with their screaming and crying and yelling. What a totally worthless ass hole that guy was!

As usual though, I got past my initial dislike of most of the teams pretty quickly and enjoyed it all the way. I really don't like the food challenges. These weren't in the first season, which seemed to have more zip-wires and neat stuff that was more about breaking through personal fears than just cruel and painful food tasks.

In any case, it's always interesting to me to see how the different teams react to the thrid world countries they have to go to. Kris and John were very cool about it all, just taking it in and accepting it for the way of life for like half the world. But most teams really lose it in those places.

Oh, and Hayden (sp?) and Aaron, that I could not believe. Talk about dysfunctional, those two seem to hate each other, what are they doing with each other? I would have though all the fighting and digging at each other would have led them to part ways for a while, not get married. But whatever, sometimes I just don't understand actors!

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

I'm in the same boat as Spooky. I wanted Jon and Kris to win. My second choice was Adam and Rebecca. My third choice was nobody wins. I really didn't like the comments Kendra's comments while in Africa and thought Freddy was a jock a$$hole. Oh well, at least last season Chip and Kim won.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

johnnypark
Mario Mendoza

Post by johnnypark »

After season 7 is done. They are going to do a family version for season 8. Instead of teams of 2 there is going to be teams of 4.

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

My wife wanted the models to lose so badly, she was PO'd afterwards.

Kris and Jon were awesome as a team. Serious chemistry going on there.

Rebecca and her chimp were a joke IMO, that "boy" had to be the biggest p%ssy I have ever seen.

Jonathan and Victoria, oh my, borderline physical abuse on both sides.

I loved the father/daughter combo and the retired folks. A game like this doesn't suit them as well.

Did anyone notice Boston Rob and Amber are in #7?

Can't wait.

I would LOVE to see Julie from the last survivor in it, wearing ALL of Hayden's tank tops.....YUM!

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

love the show........wanted that couple that finnished 2nd to win. That Kendra was very ignorant in some of her comments about the poor.
"They just keep breeding and breeding"....."They are poor and they choose to be that way".....geeez - we weren't all born with perfect looks like her. That couple surely didn't need the prize as much as other.

Still a great show....one of the few reality showes that I can watch along with the wife.