Tuesday Night Poker Night: GR2 (2/8)

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Tuesday Night Poker Night: GR2 (2/8)

Post by Zeppo »

Come one, come all! Let's all put aside our WE8s for a couple hours and get in some GR2 squad play tonight.

10:30pEST will be the time to get together. I can't host at all, so someone will have to step up.

Who's in?

lsdean
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by lsdean »

I am in.

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

I'll be there.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I'm there.

P.S.: I'm so jealous of you f*ckers finishing the Dam mission last night. You were 22 minutes into the mission when I joined the lobby with all five guys alive, so I figured you cats were kicking ass. Nice job!

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I believe I can make it tonight.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I'm in. Oh wait....ummm...damn... :? :wink:
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

I will try and be there. I am itchin' to play some GR2!
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

countzero2k5
Mario Mendoza

Post by countzero2k5 »

I should be there

marino
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by marino »

Spooky wrote:I will try and be there. I am itchin' to play some GR2!

Me too!!!!!!!!

ProvoAnC
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ProvoAnC »

IN
I have a new gamertag Provo 4569

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Just remembered that it is the final Amazing Race 6 episode tonight!!! I think that goes until 10:00pm Central time. I will try and make it on a bit after that.

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

Spooky wrote:Just remembered that it is the final Amazing Race 6 episode tonight!!! I think that goes until 10:00pm Central time. I will try and make it on a bit after that.
I may be a bit late because of that too. :oops:

Atxj
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Atxj »

Im going to try and make it but I have a soccer game tonight so I might be a little bit late.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Ok boys. I'm back.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

I'll see what I can do but you never know. :wink: I'd love to play.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

RobVarak wrote:Ok boys. I'm back.
Outstanding! Your presence alone will make it a damn good night. Looking forward to it.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Atxj
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Atxj »

That was fun guys, I look forward to next week. Too bad I missed a good hour or so.

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

Sorry I left early guys. I got the "Restart your Xbox" error loading one of the maps around midnight and took it as a sign to call it a night.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Good fun last night, boys. Really glad RobV could join us.

Hey, if you cats can beat the Dam mission, then we need to beat the Battle mission one of these nights, too! Strange mission, as it seems so simple: Just sit there and pick off guys coming across the river. Not so.

Take care,
PK

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

PK, thanks for hosting. Sorry I left before coop -- I noticed what time it was and decided to pack it in.

I think Quarry is easily my worst map. Doesn't matter which side I start or if I'm attacking or defending, I plain suck at that one (well, I suck anyway, but especially at that one). I was 1-11 during last night's All Hamburger, No Hill game.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I just thought all of you cats left en masse because you were sick of my ramblings ... :)

Agree with you on the Quarry map. I hate that map -- and I was the idiot who picked it!

Take care,
PK

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

What's interesting to me about the Quarry map is that the first couple times we played it, those with the village spawn had the huige advantage. Now, it seems those with the bulldozer spawn are winning every time.

At first, I was sure it was a screwed up map, but now I am of the opinion it is essentially fair, just tough. I actually have grown to like it now that I've been on both sides/ both spawns.

For example, I was camped pretty sturdily for a while up in the northern spot behind a rock, where I had a great view of the crest approach from the village side. After being killed by me many times, Spooky finally figured out to use a grenade launcher to get rid of me. Had he done that from the start, I don't think I could have commanded that approach whatsoever.

So, I think it's a fine map, and the bonus is it's relatively simple, so it doesn't take too long to figure out the nooks and crannies. I think we should keep it in the rotation, and there will be an ebb and flow as to which side is dominant there.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents on that.

Otherwise, I would like to get in some Siege next week, especially if we get 10 or 12 guys in the room. HH is great fun, but no-spawn siege is a different beast entirely!

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Zeppo wrote: For example, I was camped pretty sturdily for a while up in the northern spot behind a rock, where I had a great view of the crest approach from the village side. After being killed by me many times, Spooky finally figured out to use a grenade launcher to get rid of me. Had he done that from the start, I don't think I could have commanded that approach whatsoever.

LOL! Yeah, I was just plain frustrated so I kept coming at you trying to get my shot off first and it never worked, so I finally decided to run up there with the grenade launcher. I did the same scenario with Provo just before with you.

I agree with Zepp, let's play more Siege! BUT, what I really miss is the good ol' squad 'deathmatch' rounds. That is what got me into GR in the first place. While Siege is fun (and HH too), there was something about the slow paced, methodical, 'hunting' type gameplay of the regular old deathmatch (or whatever GR calls it), whether solo or team based, that I sorely miss! Siege with no respawns has that feeling too, but adding the objective gives it a different feel. I miss the feeling of being out in the middle of a huge map and just watching my back, sweating, listening too the silence, only to hear the faint sounds of gunfire and then searching, hunting down that gunfire. I liked the competitiveness of winning by kills, not by how long I sat in a circle (HH is not a bad mode, in fact it is a fun diversion, but it should really be just that, a diversion IMO). I think that is actually one of the things that has kept me from being that dedicated to the poker nights. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS AS A HOSTING CRITICISM, just my observations on my overall fun with the game and it’s modes.

countzero2k5
Mario Mendoza

Post by countzero2k5 »

Great game last night guys, just wish I could have stayed longer. Since I am new, why is it we start so late again?

No matter what we play, its fun as hell. The only mildly annoying maps are the ones with fog and rain. There's only 2 things I see when playing those maps: Jack and Sh!t.

Anyways, I could get into a large group siege to 5+ players per side would be awesome!

CZ

xbox gamertag: CountZeroXbx