WE8 Question...Shooting

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Atxj
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

WE8 Question...Shooting

Post by Atxj »

I spent hours in practice mode last night trying to work on my shooting but I just cant seem to get it down very well. Does anyone have any tips or hints they can share to make my quest of being a good shooter any more promising?

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

touch the shoot button lightly, don't fill the meter in most instances.

Also, aim staight at the goal when on the run and you don't have much control with the ball,

when in complete control of your run, you can aim in the corners

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

Try not to let the shoot meter get over halfway unless you're far outside the box. Also, make sure you're facing the goal when you shoot, unless you're at or inside the penalty shot....shots where you turn and shoot decrease in effectiveness outside of 15 yards. Body posture is really important when shooting...if you're going one way it's tough to get a decent long shot if you try and go the other way.

And ratings are really important...bad shooters will miss a lot.

Atxj
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Atxj »

Thanks for the help guys im heading to practice mode right now to work on it some more.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Simple rule... 90% of the time you will shoot where you are facing. So if its just your regular shot you will need to be looking at goal.

Now there are those times where you want to shoot quickly and your player will pull off a rather hard shot not looking at goal. These are low percentage and will not have much power behind them.

Lastly, you player will shot with more accuracy if they shoot with their better foot. There's really nothing you can do to force this but its something to watch out for. For example say your Left-Mid Fielder is shooting and he shoots with his right, notice how aweful the shot will be. There isn't a button to press or any real tactics to get your guys to shot with their better foot its just something to keep an eye on. Better players are more consistent with their "other" foot.

Keep practicing and you will get the hang of it. None of us hard core WE supporters would any good in our first try at the game. We we're all in the same boat at one point.

Atxj
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Atxj »

Thanks for the info, also I had another question concerning the direction I should be moving the left thumbstick when shooting, should I move it relative to where the player is on the field or is left going to shoot at the left of the goal and right shoots right no matter the players position?

Atxj
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Atxj »

Anyone?

James_E
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by James_E »

I just push the stick towards the area of the goal that I want to shoot at.

Ie. assuming that my players are going left to right, and the opposing team goal is at the right side of the screen. (I play in normal-long view or "wide" view most of the time)

up, left will shoot at top left of goal
down, right shoots at bottom right

Seems to work for me although I definitely suck at this game so you might not want to take my advice.

Atxj
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Atxj »

Alright thanks I just wasnt sure whether to aim relative to the players postition or just the spot of the goal I was wanting to shoot at.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

I'm still playing the PC version instead right now, but I saw a cool one last night. Ball played into the box on the ground and the keeper is coming out and my striker is running onto it. Anyways, I had the shoot meter all the way up as I mistimed it but when he go close to the ball, he "toepoked" it over the diving keeper and it bounced into the net. Lovely goal!

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

I am pretty sure you can only aim right or left or center......up or down depends on how long you fill the meter

spooky157
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by spooky157 »

JackB1 wrote:I am pretty sure you can only aim right or left or center......up or down depends on how long you fill the meter
That's right. Up or down on the stick relates to the power of the shot. Up on the stick gives you more power while down gives you a softer shot.

Doesn't seem very intuitive.

TheMightyPuck
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheMightyPuck »

JackB1 wrote:I am pretty sure you can only aim right or left or center......up or down depends on how long you fill the meter
That was the counterintuitive thing about shooting that threw me off when I first got ISS. Filling the meter = hitting it harder is the intuitive thing. It makes perfect sense once you play for a while since it is very often the case that the most difficult thing about a real shot is keeping it down.

vanburen
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by vanburen »

to me this is one of the biggest differences from we7. the bar doesn't go up as quickly, so from outside the 18, you really have to have space and let that bar get well above 50% to not have an easiy dribbler to the keeper. the slower bar seems to give me more feel for my shots, though I haven't gotten very good at it yet.

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Blublub »

In WE8, also try holding down the R2 button while shooting - it tends to lower the trajectory of the shot.

Atxj
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Atxj »

Thanks alot guys for the help, O and blub im on Xbox so I dont know what button that would translate to on Xbox but im pretty sure its the right trigger as well.