MLB 2k5 = $19.99

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

MLB 2k5 = $19.99

Post by GTHobbes »

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/244407.asp

Don't know if this is old news or not, but both gamespot and EB are showing 2k5 at $19.99. I'll definitely pick it up at that price.

MLB is listed at $39.99 and MVP is $49.99 at EB's website. I've got to believe the MVP price will change, but maybe not.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Hell, even I'll buy it at that price.

In fact, I just did. I hope that they honor that price.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

What's 989 sports title called. MLB 2005. All these similar names gets a little bit confusing.

$20 is still not enough for me to but it. All TT games in the last year had gameplay problems. I'm not going to waste 20 this year unless the DSP verdict is better.

My baseball game is MVP and I'm hoping it can clean its act up. But I fear that EA might just "phone it in" since it looks like there won't be a game next year. I just hope EA didn't quit on this game.

Badgun
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Badgun »

Done! I have no bought ESPN BAseball for $19.99 and MVP Baseball for $24.99. I can't see how Sony is going to be able to hold their much higher price on MLB 2006. I certainly won't pay it now.

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Hell, even I'll buy it at that price.

In fact, I just did. I hope that they honor that price.
Same here. :D

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

JRod wrote:What's 989 sports title called. MLB 2005. All these similar names gets a little bit confusing.

$20 is still not enough for me to but it. All TT games in the last year had gameplay problems. I'm not going to waste 20 this year unless the DSP verdict is better.

My baseball game is MVP and I'm hoping it can clean its act up. But I fear that EA might just "phone it in" since it looks like there won't be a game next year. I just hope EA didn't quit on this game.
Huh? So you won't spend $20 on a known solid performer because the company's other titles had issues, but then you go on to say MVP is your game, a game that had some enormous gameplay issues last year and costs $25. :roll:
-Matt

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

Yes! This game was a maybe for me at $49.99, a wait and see at $39.99, a probable at $29.99, and a release day pickup at $19.99.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Leebo33 wrote:Yes! This game was a maybe for me at $49.99, a wait and see at $39.99, a probable at $29.99, and a release day pickup at $19.99.
Exactly the way I looked at it too. Now the same applies to MVP...we already know I'm buying MLB 2006 the day it comes out.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

matthewk wrote:
JRod wrote:What's 989 sports title called. MLB 2005. All these similar names gets a little bit confusing.

Huh? So you won't spend $20 on a known solid performer because the company's other titles had issues, but then you go on to say MVP is your game, a game that had some enormous gameplay issues last year and costs $25. :roll:
EA Sports has been more consistent of correnting their problems from year to year. TT/VC/Sega has not. Take ESPN Hockey how many years did we have of the Super Goalminders. ESPN NFL had years of f-d up stats before they fixed it.

EA Sports isn't perfect and MVP was one of their worst games in terms of game-killers but...

I'm not speding $20 on it solely because of their history but what has ESPN introduced this year that will make me like this game. I didn't like it last year, it was boring and as dry as a popcorn fart. The K-zone pitching crosshairs are supposed to draw me in.

What I like about MVP is the user input. I think it has spoiled me. Its not entirely realistic nor user friendly for slower thumbed gamers. But I like the fact that I'm doing something and not watching a whole bunch of pretty animations.

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

I am going to give both a try at these prices. I am Xbox only so the 989 game is not an option. But this might be the last time that the consumer benefits from the video game company wars. You can bet that we won't see these prices again!

I am unsure what to expect from either game. Guess we will see for ourselves in a few weeks.

I am stuck in the middle and can see both sides. While I hated the pitching interface in MVP, there was a lot to like in the game. I liked being able to choose what to do when baserunning and I liked controlling sliding, diving for balls, etc.

ESPN was dry last year, but they have added some additional features to the game including user controlled slides, etc. Hard to tell which game will be better.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I was buying all 3 before....and I am still buying all 3....It will just cost alot less.
I have enjoyed the TT pricing strategy ...too bad the end is near...

Boom
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Boom »

I'm getting MLB 2006 at release. If I truly enjoy it as much as I'm hoping, I'm done buying baseball games for this year.

IF it doesn't seem to satisfy, I'll rent the other two and see if either one of those suit my need any better. If one does a better job I'll pick it up. If not I'll stick w/ MLB.

Atxj
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Atxj »

Im picking up MLB 2k5 release day 19.99$ or 49.99$, I've never been much of an MVP fan and MLB looks really promising this year.