Xbox WE8 problem

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Granatofan
Starting 5
Starting 5

Xbox WE8 problem

Post by Granatofan »

The game is too wide for my TV. I went into game options to adjust the screen, but I can't zoom out any further. On both the left and right side I'm missing about 1 inch of screen so that half of the home sides player names are cut off and during a game I can't see my strategy selection. I've tried adjusting my TV and the game, but nothing works. I guess I'll have to try the PS2 version if there is no fix.

Anyone else have this problem?

Ted
Hating and Insurging since '85.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

LOL...that SUCKS. Do you have a HDTV or something?

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

You Probly bought the PAL version Moron!!! Its that weird shop you buy from.

But Hey at least you have Online :twisted:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Jimmydeicide wrote:You Probly bought the PAL version Moron!!! Its that weird shop you buy from.

But Hey at least you have Online :twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Granatofan
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Granatofan »

dbdynsty25 wrote:LOL...that SUCKS. Do you have a HDTV or something?
I do have a Zenith HDTV. I found the problem. It had something to do with the HDTV and cables. I swithced back to the regular cables that came with the xbox and the screen is normal again.

Ted

Schmev
Mario Mendoza

Re: Xbox WE8 problem

Post by Schmev »

Granatofan wrote:The game is too wide for my TV. I went into game options to adjust the screen, but I can't zoom out any further. On both the left and right side I'm missing about 1 inch of screen so that half of the home sides player names are cut off and during a game I can't see my strategy selection. I've tried adjusting my TV and the game, but nothing works. I guess I'll have to try the PS2 version if there is no fix.

Ted
Yes! I have this problem and it is just like the Halo2 problem that Bungie had to fix. Time to start hitting the official W11 8 boards about this.

Granatofan
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Granatofan »

Schmev wrote:
Granatofan wrote:The game is too wide for my TV. I went into game options to adjust the screen, but I can't zoom out any further. On both the left and right side I'm missing about 1 inch of screen so that half of the home sides player names are cut off and during a game I can't see my strategy selection. I've tried adjusting my TV and the game, but nothing works. I guess I'll have to try the PS2 version if there is no fix.

Ted
Yes! I have this problem and it is just like the Halo2 problem that Bungie had to fix. Time to start hitting the official W11 8 boards about this.
See post above :D

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

So your not using your component cables then? That doesnt seem right.

Schmev
Mario Mendoza

Post by Schmev »

Granatofan wrote:
Schmev wrote:

Ted
See post above :D
That doesn't really work for me. I don't want to have to switch cables just to play this game. I have the MS HDTV cables and I have a pretty big collection of games and this and Halo2(which was fixed with a patch) are the only games that behave this way.

I posted a message at Winning Eleven Nation and hope someone will respond. I'm going to try disabling 480p to see if that helps as I'm not even sure the game supports 480p.

Does anyone know if it supports 480p?

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

Since this game isn't Live enabled I don't see Konami fixing this with a patch. And switching to non-component cables is not a fix I would even consider. If I pick it up I may have to get the PC version if this is an issue.

mixdj1

Schmev
Mario Mendoza

Post by Schmev »

mixdj1 wrote:Since this game isn't Live enabled I don't see Konami fixing this with a patch. And switching to non-component cables is not a fix I would even consider. If I pick it up I may have to get the PC version if this is an issue.

mixdj1
Oh wow, you are probably right. :cry:

I bet the PS2 version will be better supported with roster updates anyway. I'm torn because it isn't as bad as the Halo2 bug. I can see the scores, I can see the time left (except when they flash the injury time). And I play with the widest view of the field anyway.

James_E
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by James_E »

Wow. If there really is no fix for this it is an unbelievable oversight with no apparent (at this time) way to fix.

I would call the Halo2 issue it a bigger oversight since there's no way such a key first party title should ship without being tested in 16:9 widescreen with component cables.

gabeschw
Mario Mendoza

Post by gabeschw »

I have this same problem on my TV (Samsung TX-P2670WH HDTV). Here's what I determined by playing around with different setups:

* Hooking up the Xbox via S-Video (and presumably composite cables, although I didn't try this) solves the problem. I definitely don't want to do this every time I play the game though.

* The cutoff occurs regardless of whether I set the XBox for Normal or Widescreen mode.

* Turning off 480p and leaving 720p and 1080i on does not solve the problem.

* Turning off 720p and 1080i along with 480p does cause the screen to display correctly with no cutoff. This would seem to imply the game was running in 720p when I had this option on, but it sure doesn't look like it, and it's not highlighted on the back of the case. Anyway, this is the best solution for me right now. It's annoying to switch these options on and off between games, but it's easier than switching cables. Also, the graphics do seem worse with all the HD options off, but I'm willing to make this sacrifice to see the whole picture.

By the way, I had the problem with the pre-patched Halo 2 on this TV also.

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

gabeschw wrote:* Turning off 720p and 1080i along with 480p does cause the screen to display correctly with no cutoff. This would seem to imply the game was running in 720p when I had this option on, but it sure doesn't look like it, and it's not highlighted on the back of the case. Anyway, this is the best solution for me right now. It's annoying to switch these options on and off between games, but it's easier than switching cables. Also, the graphics do seem worse with all the HD options off, but I'm willing to make this sacrifice to see the whole picture.
That is an inconvenient but acceptable solution for me as well. Thanks for experimenting and discovering this.

mixdj1

GridIronGhost
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by GridIronGhost »

Bastards can't even make the game 480p 16:9! It's f***in 480i

Granatofan
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Granatofan »

Thanks Gabe. That is an easier solution then the one I found. I'll be using that too.

Ted

Schmev
Mario Mendoza

Post by Schmev »

Yep, turning off all 1080/720/480 settings results in a nonclipped picture. I don't think the game was 480p anyway.