OT: Seinfeld DVDs

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

OT: Seinfeld DVDs

Post by Leebo33 »

I usually don't buy DVDs, especially something I can frequently watch for free on TV, but I absolutely loved this show. I just ordered mine from Bestbuy.com for $29.99 each with in-store pickup.

Anyone else picking these up?

Badgun
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: OT: Seinfeld DVDs

Post by Badgun »

Leebo33 wrote:I usually don't buy DVDs, especially something I can frequently watch for free on TV, but I absolutely loved this show. I just ordered mine from Bestbuy.com for $29.99 each with in-store pickup.

Anyone else picking these up?
Man I want these something fierce, but $80 for the whole thing is a lot of money. I might just buy them seperately.

I wished I had preordered from Best Buy. If you bought the gift set for $80, you got a $25 gift card. Now I guess I'm screwed since no one has them on sale.

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

I'm sure I'll end up with them at some point. Both my & I love this show, and the reruns never seem to get old for us. I still need to catch up on the Simpsons (only have 1-3), and my wife wants mare Friends seasons, so these may have to wait.

The onlt TV shows we have gotten/will get on DVD are Simpsons, Seinfeld, Friends, and X-Files. I am still giddy thinking about having seasons 1-7 of the X-files for under $200 total :D

We also have a long list of movies on our want list. I've been having pretty good luck either waiting for sales (i.e. 2 for $15 deals) or getting them used at BlockBuster. This past weekend I got the entire Matrix Trilogy for $25 @ BB, and Young Guns 2 for $6. I have a hard time justifying $20 for a DVD when so many great movies can be had for under $11.
-Matt

HipE
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by HipE »

The first season of 24 is on sale for $14.99 at Best Buy on Friday. I think it normally sells for about $45, so that is a pretty good deal.

Kazuya
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Kazuya »

After years of having me clamor for this, they waited too long and lost me. I am as big a Seinfeld fan as there is, but the show comes on multiple times a day and I've seen them all countless times now. The money is better spent on something I haven't seen. I'll pick them up one day, for sure.
"Whatever, I don't know why you even play yourself to that degree,
you laugh at me?" - Del

"Said the whisper to the secret..." - King's X

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

HipE wrote:The first season of 24 is on sale for $14.99 at Best Buy on Friday. I think it normally sells for about $45, so that is a pretty good deal.
I saw $12.99.

Chapelle show for $9.99 too.

Now if they cut the HBO shows to around $10, that would really be something.

What kind of extras do the Seinfeld DVDs have?

Jason
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Jason »

wco81 wrote: What kind of extras do the Seinfeld DVDs have?
Here's a review of the Gift Set version that lists all the extras included:

http://www.dvdfile.com/software/review/ ... ftset.html
www.SportsGamingNation.com

Badgun
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Badgun »

Ouch, I was just at Wal Mart and they had each set for $38.83. Hell, if I'm going to spend that much I'll just buy the gift set.

So Best Buy has each set for $29.99?

I guess I'll have to order them.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

But you have to get the gift box set to get all the extras?

Note that this is a Columbia Tristar release. They will probably re-release on a single BR disc at some point if they continue to hold the rights.

Not that it will be cheaper but just take up less shelf space.

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

I had a 20% off any DVD coupon, got both Seinfeld sets, and had 20% taken off both of them. So I got the two gets for $48.

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

[quote="wco81"]But you have to get the gift box set to get all the extras?quote]
That's what I'm wondering. I don't care about the salt/pepper shakers and script (just more crap to store). But will the 2 4-disc sets have all the same video footage as the single 8-disc set?

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Im waiting for them to release the Odd Couple on DVD....or have I already missed it?

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

I'm wondering the same thing. Will you get the same extra features if you just get VOl 1 & 2 seperately?? Also, can anyone confirm the BEst Buy sale of Vol 1 on Fri?

F308GTB wrote:
wco81 wrote:But you have to get the gift box set to get all the extras?quote]
That's what I'm wondering. I don't care about the salt/pepper shakers and script (just more crap to store). But will the 2 4-disc sets have all the same video footage as the single 8-disc set?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Kazuya wrote:After years of having me clamor for this, they waited too long and lost me. I am as big a Seinfeld fan as there is, but the show comes on multiple times a day and I've seen them all countless times now. The money is better spent on something I haven't seen. I'll pick them up one day, for sure.
Exactly. Well said. "Seinfeld" is on at least three times per day on my digital cable system. There's absolutely no need for me to buy the DVD box set when there's a good chance I'll see all of the classic episodes in a span of a month or two on TV.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

I'm not in a big hurry to get or even watch these DVDs because the shows are in syndication.

However, my understanding is that the syndicated shows are chopped off to allow them to squeeze in more commercials. Not sure what they cut off. I'm sure we get most of the jokes and the general gist of the episodes.

There might be some value to the extras too.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I don't have a DVR yet (they are just now coming to my area and are in short supply) so I am enjoying the commercial free broadcasts in their entirety. I watched "The Stakeout" last night with commentary from Larry and Jerry. It was pretty interesting. They pointed out a couple of mistakes (in the video store a woman steps down off the stage so it looks like the video store has steps and in another scene they point out a fake backdrop that doesn't match the rest of the set). They also talked about how they introduced Elaine and wanted to avoid the "will they, won't they" question from the very beginning. They also had a "Notes about Nothing" feature, but I didn't check that out yet.

These extras were on the single disk sets that I bought at Best Buy yesterday for $30 each. It seems like I have all the bonus material except for the script, salt and pepper shakers, etc.

Kazuya
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Kazuya »

Leebo33 wrote:I don't have a DVR yet (they are just now coming to my area and are in short supply) so I am enjoying the commercial free broadcasts in their entirety. I watched "The Stakeout" last night with commentary from Larry and Jerry. It was pretty interesting. They pointed out a couple of mistakes (in the video store a woman steps down off the stage so it looks like the video store has steps and in another scene they point out a fake backdrop that doesn't match the rest of the set). They also talked about how they introduced Elaine and wanted to avoid the "will they, won't they" question from the very beginning. They also had a "Notes about Nothing" feature, but I didn't check that out yet.

These extras were on the single disk sets that I bought at Best Buy yesterday for $30 each. It seems like I have all the bonus material except for the script, salt and pepper shakers, etc.
Hmmm... you made me think of something that I didn't even think about... one of the things I am enjoying the most about my Simpsons DVDs (another show that is on perpetually in syndication) is the commentary by the creators on every episode. Great, often hilarious insight into the show and its creation. I might have to rethink my original stance.

Can anyone say if they have commentary for every episode, or just for a few select?
"Whatever, I don't know why you even play yourself to that degree,
you laugh at me?" - Del

"Said the whisper to the secret..." - King's X

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I can tell you for sure that they don't have commentary for every episode, but I'll have to look more closely to see how much commentary they have included. So far I've only viewed three episodes. One had "Notes about Nothing", one had a deleted scene, and one had commentary.

Airdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Airdog »

Badgun wrote:Ouch, I was just at Wal Mart and they had each set for $38.83. Hell, if I'm going to spend that much I'll just buy the gift set.

So Best Buy has each set for $29.99?

I guess I'll have to order them.
That's strange, at Wal-mart in Canada they're only $43.83.
- Rob
PSN: smearobe

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Just got my gift set in the mail today, preordered from bestbuy.com with the $25 gift card deal.